• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7 - Should I get it?

You're going to want more RAM before updating your OS.

Im using it
but i think it doesnt support adobe flash player?:(

it does support flash player

although you might get problems with RME...i got windows 7 to and tried to make a server on it. It worked great untill i wanted to edit the map. when i open it everything looks nice but as soon as u open a map or mapped something of yourself it starts lagging really bad..I know this is a problem of windows 7 and not my computer because it worked great when i had windows xp and vista..also compatibility option doesnt solve the problem.

~Jaroen2

Stick to Windows XP.
It takes less RAM/CPU.
Windows 7 is cool and all but you can also turn your windows xp to windows 7 looking.

Stick to Windows XP.
It takes less RAM/CPU.
Windows 7 is cool and all but you can also turn your windows xp to windows 7 looking.

Why go with Windows XP with all those unnecessary features like automatic driver download, USB, themes and all that other silly crap?
Lets all just go back to Windows 95, it only used ~3MB of ram and only required a 12MHz processor.

If you got such a crappy computer that you can't handle Windows 7, then I think it's time to buy a new one, honestly.

If the Windows 7 look annoys you then you can install themes there too, which makes it look like XP. Hell, with like... 5 clicks you can make it look like Windows 2000.
If you think it's slow and sluggish, turn off some of the services that you do not need like super-fetch and search.
If you don't like UAC, then turn it off too.

There's a ton of things you can do with Windows 7 to make it work just as well as XP, with a few positive additions like Libraries, system tools and new explorer functionality.

Why go with Windows XP with all those unnecessary features like automatic driver download, USB, themes and all that other silly crap?
Lets all just go back to Windows 95, it only used ~3MB of ram and only required a 12MHz processor.

If you got such a crappy computer that you can't handle Windows 7, then I think it's time to buy a new one, honestly.

If the Windows 7 look annoys you then you can install themes there too, which makes it look like XP. Hell, with like... 5 clicks you can make it look like Windows 2000.
If you think it's slow and sluggish, turn off some of the services that you do not need like super-fetch and search.
If you don't like UAC, then turn it off too.

There's a ton of things you can do with Windows 7 to make it work just as well as XP, with a few positive additions like Libraries, system tools and new explorer functionality.

My PC can handle windows 7 perfectly.
Alot of people take windows 7 because of its looks, just like windows Vista.
The reason he should stick to windows XP is because it takes less RAM and CPU usage on every application.
and also you can easily turn-off the auto-updater.
I don't mind the UAC since it's improved a lot from Vista > 7.

Read before you flame.
kkthxbye.

My opinion: If your computer does not have much RAM; I sugges that you do not upgrade to the Windows 7 OS as it will require some and even more if you're planning to play Tibia.

Updating your graphic drivers will be needed but that'll be done automatically when booting up the OS for your very first time.

is there any active torrent where you can download windows 7?

I can say its lower ram for w7 that its more on vista..

I say use W7 if you wanna have a good computer, Vista will just bug and shit ;O..

Hail windows 7 lol.

Alot of people take windows 7 because of its looks, just like windows Vista.

And here I thought most people chose Windows 7 because Microsoft doesn't sell Windows XP anymore other than for Netbooks... My bad.

The reason he should stick to windows XP is because it takes less RAM and CPU usage on every application.

Please explain the logic behind this.
So if I ran a RLmap server on Windows 95, which normally takes 2GB ram, it would only take 1GB or less?

And also you can easily turn-off the auto-updater.

On Windows 7 that takes a total of 7 clicks. Yes, I counted.

Please explain the logic behind this.
So if I ran a RLmap server on Windows 95, which normally takes 2GB ram, it would only take 1GB or less?

Ever noticed that recommended RAM for a game is lower with windows XP?
And it will never have a gap more then 1GB.
Windows xp will run well on 256MB RAM while windows 7 will need 512MB RAM.

On Windows 7 that takes a total of 7 clicks. Yes, I counted.
Windows XP takes 5 clicks.

Ever noticed that recommended RAM for a game is lower with windows XP?
And it will never have a gap more then 1GB.
Windows xp will run well on 256MB RAM while windows 7 will need 512MB RAM.

Obviously this is because the OS itself takes a bit less ram, not because each and every application requires less ram.
If the game takes 512MB ram, and your OS takes 512MB ram, then they're gonna recommend a minimum of 1GB ram.
However if the game takes 512MB ram, and your OS takes 256MB ram, they're gonna recommend minimum 768MB ram.

And actually, I've owned a PC with 256MB ram, which had XP, and I can tell you... it ran FAR from well on that amount, especially when you had more than 2 applications running at the same time.

Windows XP takes 5 clicks.

Le Gasp!
Two additional clicks! How on earth will we manage to live through that awful torture?!

Epitome of laziness... *Sigh*

Obviously this is because the OS itself takes a bit less ram, not because each and every application requires less ram.
If the game takes 512MB ram, and your OS takes 512MB ram, then they're gonna recommend a minimum of 1GB ram.
However if the game takes 512MB ram, and your OS takes 256MB ram, they're gonna recommend minimum 768MB ram.

And actually, I've owned a PC with 256MB ram, which had XP, and I can tell you... it ran FAR from well on that amount, especially when you had more than 2 applications running at the same time.

Le Gasp!
Two additional clicks! How on earth will we manage to live through that awful torture?!

Epitome of laziness... *Sigh*

Haha, the click count was just for fun :p.

However I agree that I did explain it wrong that the applications need less RAM, my bad. :$

Well, did you ever consider switching to linux? Or creating a duel boot? Just curious.

win7 is best os I've ever had, it's smoother than XP, even on older PC's (like mine) and I recommend it to every1

Back