• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 8

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
What do u think about it etc.
Talk about it here :D

idk yet, will wait for its final release + crack to try :p but will use it for sure, sticking to the past is not my best thing

Windows 8 is great.. for touch screen devices
I've already tried the preview version that was released a couple months ago on my laptop, and it's used great, you can easily understand it and do what you want, but do note that its a completely different thing from what you are used to and it'll look odd/weird/hard at start, but if you keep using it, you'll get along with it fine, if however you use it on a touchscreen device, then its pretty intuitive

Reminds me of my own thoughts about Windows OS during the years.

why-windows-8-will-be-a-failure_thumb.jpg

It's not my image though. :)

It's alright, the only problem I have with it is compatibility with some programs and games.

Last edited:
Its still a preview, and Im sure it will get better by time when people gives feedback etc!
Maybe when winds 8 laptops are in shops officially the windows 7 laptops will get cheaper! xD

I want to try it and see what are the big changes concerning performance. I dislike that Ubuntu copy shit though.

I hate it that there is no option to turn METRO off (when i tested it few months ago there wasn't, maybe there is now). If i don't have touchscreen it is really pain to have METRO. I like the OS, it boots up really fast(maybe because it was version before Consumer Preview and everything wasn't too detailed yet) but there is nothing wrong with it, it's like windows 7 with some extra features + it seemed to be faster. I really hope they add option to disable METRO.

I would like to buy Windows 8, because I think that it is better version of 7 :).

Windows 7 is gonna be the new Windows XP, Windows 8 is primarily made for touch-screens.
Look for the Surface tablet (already sold out) it will have Windows 8 and it will rock iPad all over the place.

Ok so, There are third party software to bring back that awesome start-menu button, But microsoft will have a built-in button for pc users.

For gamers windows 8 will be a better platform for playing on, Uses less resources than windows 7.

I will try it, when the sharp version is out.

Back