• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling [Windows] Compiling on Visual Studio 2022 - Boost Error required 1.53.0 minimum

alejandro762

Reaction score
Hello.

Im testing to compile an TFS 1.3 based on canary server ( using src for otbr) from @EduardoDantas .
As isn't really hard to follow steps,
(from Git installed with all required components and visual studio, same as pictures ).

Lua:
git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg
cd vcpkg
.\bootstrap-vcpkg.bat
.\vcpkg integrate install
Then on powershell: ( or find system variables and add manually the path of vcpkg ):
[System.Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('VCPKG_ROOT','C:\vcpkg', [System.EnvironmentVariableTarget]::Machine)

I got this error,
After long search on google i found, you need install Boost, so i find it as version 1.80.0, then now i got another error:

Ps: I just remove again the vcpkg folder with boost installed, the time just to try another boost version if it works near of: "Required is at least version '1.53.0' , it says (Your Boost version is '1.80.0' ) It seems like it doesnt take the boost correctly ( i try change the version ).
Of course i got the PATH For Boost_ROOT and Boost Lib added to system variables.
After that, if you remove the REQUIRED, it will start the same error for Cryptopp, then for curl... etc.
Is Correctly the way to compile this server or isn't updated correctly ?
Since vcpkg is windows and they can change some things and after maybe a compilation won't work. Example, 12.20 Today won't work if you don't find the correct version.. you see their github is impossible to find it, so whats version is using that server ?
I Wish just try a thing, to be sure is working and come and share a system for everyone, pretty sure many people want it.
I want to post this thread on their own forum, but did you try register and post a thread ? All is on gray, you can just ' make a server gala ', all threads are blocked so.. you can't comment or do something, is weird method.

1662470513416.png

Otherwise if anyone got it working,and want to compile it, i can give the sources if they can compile it for windows x64 it would be great.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello.

Im testing to compile an TFS 1.3 based on canary server ( using src for otbr) from @EduardoDantas .
(from Git installed with all required components and visual studio, same as pictures ).

Lua:
cd vcpkg
.\bootstrap-vcpkg.bat
Then on powershell: ( or find system variables and add manually the path of vcpkg ):

I got this error,
After long search on google i found, you need install Boost, so i find it as version 1.80.0, then now i got another error:

Ps: I just remove again the vcpkg folder with boost installed, the time just to try another boost version if it works near of...
are you sure that the required boost.lib is in the library directory and set in the input at your linker settings?

are you sure that the required boost.lib is in the library directory and set in the input at your linker settings?
I set this 3 Path on my system variables ( and downloaded Boost last version 1.80.0 )
On picture since i am installing again the boost, because is very long i didn't save a picture where it says You have version 1.80 but it requires at least 1.53 :s
Lua:
VCPKG_ROOT
BOOST_LIBRARYDIR
BOOST_ROOT
I look on google and found many threads on stack, so i just follow some steps,

Here i will share the src and cmake, if anyone want to compile, and can share the .dlls and .exe i will post the system you see on sources.

Last edited:
Hello.

Lua:
cd vcpkg
.\bootstrap-vcpkg.bat

I got this error,

Ps: I just remove again the vcpkg folder with boost installed, the time just to try another boost version if it works near of: "Required is at least version '1.53.0' , it says (Your Boost version is '1.80.0' ) It seems like it doesnt take the boost correctly ( i try change the version ).
Of course i got the PATH For Boost_ROOT and Boost Lib added to system variables.
After that, if you remove the REQUIRED, it will start the same error for Cryptopp, then for curl... etc.
Is Correctly the way to compile this server or isn't updated correctly ?
Since vcpkg is windows and they can change some things and after maybe a compilation won't work. Example, 12.20 Today won't work if you don't find the correct version.. you see their github is impossible to find it, so whats version is using that server ?
I Wish just try a thing, to be sure is working and come and share a system for everyone, pretty sure many people want it.
I want to post this thread on their own forum, but did you try register and post a thread ? All is on gray, you can just ' make a server gala ', all threads are blocked so.. you can't comment or do something, is weird method.

View attachment 70386

Otherwise if anyone got it working,and want to compile it, i can give the sources if they can compile it for windows x64 it would be great.

Try to put ur boost directory direclty in VS, like that:

Attachments

Solution
Try to put ur boost directory direclty in VS, like that:
How to show this windows from visual 2022 ?
1662877741764.png

Edit:
Right click on Cmake, Cmake > Settings, then Cmake Variables, show advances variables i see BOOST_INCLUDE_DIR

Edit: Tried, i added all the path, then it shows 1093 errors.

Last edited:
1662887905270.png
You removed your source from google disc. The message says: "Preview is not accessible. Files were moved to the owner's trash bin.".
From what I've heard though, it was already resolved for you on github, that you were using outdated src with new compilation method for newest ones.

Last edited:
View attachment 70484
You removed your source from google disc. The message says: "Preview is not accessible. Files were moved to the owner's trash bin.".
From what I've heard though, it was already resolved for you on github, that you were using outdated src with new compilation method for newest ones.
With Old compilation, or newer, isn't working.
Some sources has been changed, i ask to discord of them and no any tutorial is working, you need add manually each directory after that you will get 100x errors.
Im going to wait until there was a stable server to compile in right conditions.
Instead of correct and fix a server they increase protocol after protocol with new updates, never they implement systems ( took 3 years to implement tournament coin, after i will spamm on their discord the source code ), they didn't listen the community, so what else.
There was the forge system, i will gonna upload it on a thread, but idk if will work on the last canary src, since is bugged and give errors on compilation also, so new or old... bruh.
Thanks anyway

Back