• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Windows Firewall or McAfee firewall is changing port settings automatically?

Jake Damico

Reaction score
I got everything up and working correctly. my server gets posted to otservlist and goes online. about 5 to 10 minutes later, according to otservlist my server goes back offline.. I check port checker again and it says that my 7171 port is open and 80 and 7172 is closed.. I look back at windows firewall port settings and everything is still there and enabled? using TFS Mystic Spirit 9.86 server.. portforward control, my router is Arris DG860A, windows 10

If you disable the McAfee firewall, does everything work? If so, then that's your problem and you'll need to correct it in McAfee settings.

Another thing, I would never attempt to run two firewalls at once. It just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Without more information it's hard to make a determination, try to eliminate the McAfee firewall as a possibility.

if you dont have choice just download port forwarding wizard its like 15 minutes demo version.. enough to see is your windows firewall blocking or your router blocking your ports :D

I uninstalled McAfee and disabled windows firewall and still the same problem.. my server goes up for about 4 or 5 minutes and goes back offline again

when I check port checker now all my ports are good and forwarded

Last edited by a moderator:
Back