[Windows] How to set path environment variables for TFS 1.0

Ninja

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Best answers
Reaction score
I've seen users having troubles with the official compiling guide (path environment variables to be precise) and in this tutorial I will show how you set path environment variables properly.

Let us start with Step 2 (step 2 from the official guide) where we are supposed to run register_tfssdk_env.bat and register_boost_env.bat to set path environment variable for TFS SDK and Boost C++ libraries.

Step 1

B
efore you run register_tfssdk_env.bat/register_boost_env.bat, right-click on it and then click on edit.

This is what you will find in there

What we will do is adding quotation marks around "%CD%" and add pause at the end so it looks like this (Don't forget to SAVE).

Run the .bat's and hopefully you will get the same result as I got (if the path is set to C:\windows\system32 or something else that's incorrect automatically then move onto next step)

Step 2

Right-click on Computer and click on Properties

Click on Advanced system settings

Click on Environment Variables...

The image speaks for itself, add new variable if you don't have the variables TFSSDKDir/BOOST_ROOT or edit variable if the value is incorrect

Start Visual Studio and compile forgottenserver right away (you don't need to link libraries manually). :)

Last edited:

Faceless

☼ Sprite-Artist ☼
Best answers
Reaction score
This was very helpful! Thank you!
I kept having an error with linking/including
" #include <boost/asio.hhp> "

Ninja's post here was a great workaround :)

dartedd450

Best answers
Reaction score
The .bat files weren't working for me until i did what's posted on this thread.
I don't really got much knowledge (if any) on programming but, perhaps is due my OS system, which is Win7 Ultimate.
I also use Win7 ultimate, make sure UAC is deactivated and make sure all the files are in the same drive, maybe try exec as an admin, it's the only way I got it to work for me

Jose Rondón

UTibia
Best answers
Reaction score

dartedd450

Best answers
Reaction score
I did run as admin, didn't work. In any case this doesn't explain any of this possible issues.
well no but if youre able to follow a very very very basic 4 step guide you shouldnt have any lol

Tatuy1

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Thank you very much! It help me a lot.

Chriss Angel

Excellent OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Hello Ninja, could you help me compile OT Client for Android, I could not do it, I do not understand everything about the wiki
*How and where to put the variables?
edubart/otclient