• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows installation for HP computers

vTune

KakelmästareN^
Reaction score
Hello everyone! First of im not sure if this is right section, and im truly sorry if its not.

Now to the case:

My brother just bought an HP computer (not laptop) with no windows installed. And when we try to install it with an just plain windows 7 or windows XP. It says that it doesnt work. So I think HP has blocked to install any other Windows except the one you get when you buy the PC. However we bought it in "second-hand" :) So im just wondering if there are anyone here who know how to solve this or if I can buy/download a windows cd from HP. I've tried to google on this but cant find anything. If there is something unclear in the text just ask me.

Kind regards vTune

I think the motherboad and the hdd can sense if its and HP recovery key or not....

I can boot the windows cd its just that the installation cancels with an error that says hardware error

So your HDD is broken?
Have you tried contacting HP Support? :s

So your HDD is broken?
Have you tried contacting HP Support? :s

Yes thats my guess. That my hdd has some issues, no I havent but im going back to the place my brother bought it from and ask them if we can change or something idk I can post later if we get this shit to work if ur intrested :)

Yes thats my guess. That my hdd has some issues, no I havent but im going back to the place my brother bought it from and ask them if we can change or something idk I can post later if we get this shit to work if ur intrested :)

The place you bought it from should definetly fix it.
Or you can just get a new hard drive, they're not really that expensive.

The place you bought it from should definetly fix it.
Or you can just get a new hard drive, they're not really that expensive.
Yes they are going to take a look at the computer on monday and hopefully they will fix it/ give my brothers he's money back :)

Back