• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows OTs Hosting Service

mustafa977

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello I bought a windows server from you, Im trying to download gesior but im getting this errors.

BTW Im just using the ROOT map you gave me access to. I didnt download any xammp or uniserver or smth like that. Everything is set up but im getting this error.

Welcome to Gesior Account Maker installer. After 5 simple steps account maker will be ready to use!
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: config/config.php - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: cache - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: cache/flags - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: cache/DONT_EDIT_usercounter.txt - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: cache/DONT_EDIT_serverstatus.txt - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: custom_scripts - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]
CANNOT WRITE TO FILE: install.txt - edit file access for PHP [on linux: chmod]

And then im getting this erros

Error occured!
Error ID:
More info: Website::putFileContents - Cannot write to: ./config/config.php

File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\classes/website.php Line: 106
File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot/install.php Line: 85
File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot/install.php Line: 248

You need to give your IIS (the web server) pool (running PHP) access to read/write to the web files and potentially to the config.lua (to read it).
See this guide: IIS_IUSRS and IUSR permissions in IIS8 with pictures.
I looked into that but not getting it at all.

I hate to post my own answer, but some answers recently have ignored the solution I posted in my own question, suggesting approaches that are nothing short of foolhardy.

In short - you do not need to edit any Windows user account privileges at all. Doing so only introduces risk. The process is entirely managed in IIS using inherited privileges.

Applying Modify/Write Permissions to the Correct User Account
  1. Right-click the domain when it appears under the Sites list, and choose Edit Permission

Which domain do he mean and how do I find it?

Im still getting errors.

Error occured!
Error ID: #C-2
More info: ERROR: #C-2 : Class::ConfigLUA - LUA config file doesn't exist. Path: C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/otserver/config.lua

File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\classes/configlua.php Line: 24
File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\classes/configlua.php Line: 12
File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot/install.php Line: 249

How you solve it?

You need to give your IIS (the web server) pool (running PHP) access to read/write to the web files and potentially to the config.lua (to read it).

He made this step into my web map so it had access. But he didnt do it on my server map. So i basiclly moved the server map into the web map so it had access to read config.lua eetc

How you solve it?

He made this step into my web map so it had access. But he didnt do it on my server map. So i basiclly moved the server map into the web map so it had access to read config.lua eetc

for the server and website folder?

Last edited:
Back