• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Windows VPS Lag

date

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm new here on otland and I hope you could help me...

Recently, I got a Cloud VPS, it's working fine but I'm having some problems...

Game is working fine but sometimes players (now around 5) complain that they get lag when going up or down in stairs or buildings, also when walking. It is not that bad but it's annoying.

I'm using TFS 0.4 64 bits and a RL Map (100+mb)

These are my specs:
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • 2 vCores
  • 3.1 GHz
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 50 GB SSD

My VPS is located in canada, and I get this from ping:
time: 78ms TTL: 112

I've seen others servers that are in the same company as my server, and they have lower TTL, I don't know if this is because they use linux.

Could someone give me some advice or point me in the right direction?

I'm very new to VPS's and configs.

Thanks!

You should NEVER run a server on a VPS.. VPS basically means you are sharing 1 computer with other people, it's like a building with flats.. you have your own, but sometimes your neighbors will have a party with lots of people coming/going, that will make the staircase more narrow and if you too are going to have a party.. it will get crowded and take a lot more time to get to the flat you're going too.

If you EVER going to use a VPS, it's better for a small webpage or something, nothing that you want to load fast without problems.

U bought it from aws.amazon?
From OVH

You should NEVER run a server on a VPS.. VPS basically means you are sharing 1 computer with other people, it's like a building with flats.. you have your own, but sometimes your neighbors will have a party with lots of people coming/going, that will make the staircase more narrow and if you too are going to have a party.. it will get crowded and take a lot more time to get to the flat you're going too.

If you EVER going to use a VPS, it's better for a small webpage or something, nothing that you want to load fast without problems.

So, Should I get a dedicated or what do you recomend?

Thanks!

Back