• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wippien - P2P VLAN

Competitibia

Pain & Glory WHole
Solutions
Reaction score
So i found this new website looking for hamachi alternatives thinking about old time OTS where u had to connect via hamachi
and it seems pretty simple 2mb easy download
and best of all you could host the ots on your pc and be most likely impossible to ddos ( since someone would have to go through installing this shit on a botnet and u could protect yourself by banning people or adding them manually ( white list server)
does anybody think that hosting a server in that way would be possible and adhere to server gala? e.g
If i decided to host a server at home with one of my machines i have lying around but putting info about how to connect to me with this software ( the website or IP otherwise would not show you nothing)
or would the mods get triggered hurr durr its not open tibia if u are not paying 9999999999 euro for good ovh server and instead hosting ur server for free!

(im thinking about integrating this to OTC and making Server list in OTC with auto client download) this could be something even better.

quite frankly i think that OTC server list built in could kill otservlist.org finally and eventually.

maybe OTC will create Virtual Private Lan withing its own modules and a server list with masterserver we can ping perhaps look into raknet?
I know raknet was used for gothic multiplayer and GTASAMP
so why not same here. why not have a full OTCv8 that can download a client for any gameserver by making a standard SERVERIP/downloads/OTC and then having some kind of init.lua that would be interchangeable or even going in saved by the server name itself to make it unique and easily readable

making opentibia standalone from otland/otservlist should be way to go because monopoly = power and power = nothing for people

Last edited:
Sure you could go to all of that effort to provide an inferior connection, clunky service, no sla & increase your energy bill
Or you could spend $10/month on an ovh vps and host a reasonably sized map for a reasonable number of people with a reasonable sla and more than suitable ddos mitigation as standard

10 / month? for 100mb map? stop with that bs I can even use my ethereum miner with i5 6400 and 8gb ddr4 ram maybe even 16 and it will cost me 0 because im already pulling 500w off the wall from it and count that into spendings.

We already had those problems with dura and had to compile to 64bit because 4gb ram was not enough due to 32bit application ram possibilities so 4gb won't do with this datapack.

The problems you had with Dura while you were involved in the very early pre-beta days were likely entirely due to you trying to host on windows, but possibly also because of your 0.4 based engine. Who knows, but that engine was dropped after your departure from the team and replaced with a custom 1.3 downgrade - I host the dura test server on that $11.50 VPS I linked above - runs beautifully.

Generally speaking, with the way otbm is loaded by the server at the moment, you need approximately 1gb of free ram for each 25mb of map file and if you're hosting on windows you should probably assume windows is going to soak up 1gb of ram itself.

Back