• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Word Filter

Master-m

Need help? Just ask!
Senator
Reaction score
I think some words should be filtered. Bad words but also this:

Photoshop
or
photoshopped
Its not allowed to say that, you could get sued for it.
just put it in the word filter and let it return as Adobe® Photoshop® software.

It's good idea to filter insults. Fuck - > F*ck or something like this.

Seriously, why would this be good?
We could still be able to offend people by bypassing the filter, which is so simple.

I think some words should be filtered. Bad words but also this:

Photoshop
or
photoshopped

The only thing I can say for this is:

2347-blapshemy-nob-name-kant-spel.gif

Photoshop
or
photoshopped

Source?

I am 50/50 on this suggestion...
I don't really care, but on the other hand, since you little kids are here,
you shouldn't see some words :p

I am 50/50 on this suggestion...
I don't really care, but on the other hand, since you little kids are here,
you shouldn't see some words :p

Meh, come on.
If they are able to turn on their computer they already know about the most common "bad words".
A better solution if you really don't want people insulting each other all the time would be to tell the moderators to be stricter and also follow the rules., oh wait, OTLand doesn't really have any rules, mods make up their own as they go along..
So, fix some rules, make the mods follow them and make mods stricter.

Meh, come on.
If they are able to turn on their computer they already know about the most common "bad words".
A better solution if you really don't want people insulting each other all the time would be to tell the moderators to be stricter and also follow the rules., oh wait, OTLand doesn't really have any rules, mods make up their own as they go along..
So, fix some rules, make the mods follow them and make mods stricter.

When registering you should know the most common rules. Everybody knows that it isn't allowed to insult others, to spam etc.etc.

if anything add a personal filter. Where the user can filter words if he pleases to. Its a personal choice, I like to see bad words because I really don't consider them bad. Words are words. Nothing more. But some parents might want to set their kids profile so they dont see them, which is natural. And the whole PhotoShop thing is ridiculous. As long as I dont sell a product with that name in that field of business its not infringement, discussing it is not illegal. Noone can copyright words. Only product names and ideas. Copyrighting the English language is impossible. So not signed.

Back