• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Words of Wisdom (Quotes)

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” - Jesus of Nazareth

Stop saying god is unnecessary, without a divine origin we are just upgraded versions of procariotic organisms and we have to respond to noone and have no moral responsibility to do good. No God = Caos.

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” - Jesus of Nazareth

Stop saying god is unnecessary, without a divine origin we are just upgraded versions of procariotic organisms and we have to respond to noone and have no moral responsibility to do good. No God = Caos.

What makes you think we need an ancient fairy tale to get morals from?
Anyway back on topic, as far as I know this isn't a religious debate forum.
If you do want one PM me instead.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. by Albert Einstein.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once. by Albert Einstein.

The planet is fine. The people are fucked. by George Carlin. Love that guy xD

No point arguing with your kind of logic.. Which lacks any fundamental basis in objective reality. And, they're just quotes. So do not start anyflamewarsk? Because you seem contradict your self over and over again. Won't go into detail, and stay on topic, and post some "QUOTES" not unnecessary shit storm.

"A disturbing fact continues to surface in sex abuse research. The first best predictor of abuse is alcohol or drug addiction in the father. But the second best predictor is conservative religiosity, accompanied by parental belief in traditional male-female roles. This means that if you want to know which children are most likely to be sexually abused by their father, the second most significant clue is *whether or not the parents belong to a conservative religious group with traditional role beliefs and rigid sexual attitudes*. (Brown and Bohn, 1989; Finkelhor, 1986; Fortune, 1983; Goldstein et al, 1973; Van Leeuwen, 1990). (emphasis in original)"
-Carolyn Holderread Heggen

George Bernard Shaw said:
The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Frank Lloyd Wright said:
I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. – Gene Roddenberry

<3

Last edited:
Not sure who originally came up with it but w/e.

- People who are hard to others, are mostly the most hard for themselves. by Butch Hartman

Last edited:

Stay on-topic blox, say no to off-topic!

#Thread:
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none."

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Richard Dawkins

"Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to be proud of it.
It's fine to have one.
Just don't go whipping it out in public.
And for fucks sake, don't try to shove it down the throats of children."

Science is organized knowledge.
Herbert Spencer
Science is the systematic classification of experience.
George Henry Lewes
Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.
Thomas Henry Huxley
Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense differing from the latter only as a veteran may differ from a raw recruit: and its methods differ from those of common sense only as far as the guardsman's cut and thrust differ from the manner in which a savage wields his club.
Thomas Henry Huxley
Science is nothing but developed perception, interpreted intent, common sense rounded out and minutely articulated.
George Santayana
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
Jules Henri Poincaré

bumping

This thread MUST be kept alive!
Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night,
God said: "Let Newton be!", and all was light.
Alexander Pope

Stay on-topic blox, say no to off-topic!

#Thread:
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none."

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Richard Dawkins

"Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to be proud of it.
It's fine to have one.
Just don't go whipping it out in public.
And for fucks sake, don't try to shove it down the throats of children."

Those are some great quotes..... Inspiring, direct, concrete, and always with a degree of common sense.

ooooh I like quotes! :)

Every man's dream is to be able to sink into the arms of a woman without also falling into her hands.
Jerry Lewis

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
- Niccolò Machiavelli

How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
Emo Philips

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

You may take a thirsty horse to a lake, but you cannot make that thirsty horse drink.
A wise man knows he is a fool, but i fool thinks he is wise

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
JOHN WAYNE :D

As you grow, your problems grow. Your life only gets worse and sucks more when you become an adult. It's not worth to live, go and hang yourself

-My cousin

From a head full of pressure, restless senses that I clutch,
Made a date with divinity but she wouldn't let me fuck,
I got touched by a hazy shade of God, help me change,
Caught a rush on the floor from the life in my veins.
- Atmosphere

*bump*

"Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open." - Thomas R. Dewar

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Mark Twain

“I mean, he has so thoroughly renounced everything good that he might have inside him that he’s already like a corpse even though he’s still alive. Because truly nasty people hate everyone, to be sure, but most of all themselves. Can’t you tell when a person hates himself? He becomes a living cadaver, it numbs all his negative emotions but also all the good ones so that he won’t feel nauseated by who he is.” — “The Elegance of the Hedgehog” by Muriel Barbery

Having a good knownledge on words does not make you intelligent, It only gives you the capacity of hiding your flaws and weak argument inside a, sometimes, incomprehensible forest, which few people can debunk. Analyze and ask people who use big words, just so you can detect the flaws to their logic.- Physb Ciob

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

That bastard Abe, giving away the weak point of the US!!!

Back