• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Action Working Demon Oak Quest

yes and yes

XML:
<event type="logout" name="demonOakLogout" event="script" value="custom/demonOakLogout.lua"/>
<event type="death" name="demonOakDeath" event="script" value="custom/demonOakDeath.lua"/>
<event type="attack" name="demonOakAttack" event="script" value="custom/demonOakAttack.lua"/>

Lua:
registerCreatureEvent(cid, "demonOakDeath")
registerCreatureEvent(cid, "demonOakAttack")
registerCreatureEvent(cid, "demonOakLogout")
return true
end

That's weird :S!

You should have done something wrong. I tested it and it works. Check if the positions are correct and check that the creatures are in the quest area. If you can cut the tree again after death, that means the script is working, it just do not remove the creatures.

i can cut it again after death, they just don't got removed and I'm sure that the positions are right, and no console errors

M1bWp.jpg

demonOak = {x = 105, y = 82, z = 7}
Should be the Demon Oak on the PIC right?

{x = 94, y = 75, z = 7, stackpos = 255},
{x = 112, y = 86, z = 7, stackpos = 255}

Are the Corners on the pic right?

*** INFO ***

Btw, the left upper corner is above the tree, but at my map positions it's not.. =P

4vkebp.png

Should be like that picture.

PD: demonOak position is only to give it realism. That position is not necessary to make the script works, is optional.

Did exactly like the picture...

I just keep killing monsters... just killing... and killing haha 34 waves in a row now...
Also, if I use the Hallowed Axe to spawn more monsters while they are still some, they just spawn...

And, if one player is doing the quest, and someone cuts the tree, no msg appears and the second player starts the quest also... ;/

Infos:

oneInArea = true
killAllBeforeCut = true
oakThink = true

What's going on? haha

Did exactly like the picture...

I just keep killing monsters... just killing... and killing haha 34 waves in a row now...
Also, if I use the Hallowed Axe to spawn more monsters while they are still some, they just spawn...

And, if one player is doing the quest, and someone cuts the tree, no msg appears and the second player starts the quest also... ;/

Infos:

oneInArea = true
killAllBeforeCut = true
oakThink = true

What's going on? haha

What distro are you using?

@darkhaos, good script brother but I have problem with the monsters, when i use the hallowed axe in the Demon Oak the monsters dont appear

Code:
5/9/2011 3:53:0] [Error - Action Interface] 
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] data/actions/scripts/demonOak.lua:onUse
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] Description: 
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Dark Torturer

[5/9/2011 3:53:0] [Error - Action Interface] 
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Banshee

[5/9/2011 3:53:1] [Error - Action Interface] 
[5/9/2011 3:53:1] data/actions/scripts/demonOak.lua:onUse
[5/9/2011 3:53:1] Description: 
[5/9/2011 3:53:1] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Betrayed Wraith

[5/9/2011 3:53:1] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Blightwalker

i use too string.lower() to convert the name of the monsters but nothing happen the error are fcking my day

Last edited:
@darkhaos, good script brother but I have problem with the monsters, when i use the hallowed axe in the Demon Oak the monsters dont appear

Code:
5/9/2011 3:53:0] [Error - Action Interface] 
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Dark Torturer

[5/9/2011 3:53:0] [Error - Action Interface] 
[5/9/2011 3:53:0] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Banshee

[5/9/2011 3:53:1] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Betrayed Wraith

[5/9/2011 3:53:1] (luaDoCreateMonster) Cannot create monster: Blightwalker

i use too string.lower() to convert the name of the monsters but nothing happen the error are fcking my day

At actions/scripts/demonOak.lua change
Lua:
doCreateMonster(summons[get][i], pos)
To
Lua:
doCreateMonster(summons[get][i]:lower(), pos)

If that doesn't works, check if you have these monsters added to your server, and check if there is enough room to summon the monsters

EDIT: action/scripts/demonOak.lua has been updated. Now script will warn when one or more monsters is/are not summoned.

Last edited:
That's strange, just the demon oak's face makes a POFF effect, after a time.
And never ends the wave on the other cuts.

What's going on? How can i fix it?

Check for errors on console, also check if you get this message 'There are n monster that could not be summoned. Wave has not been counted.' Where n if the numbers of monster not summoned

Sometimes, comes an console error, take a look:
[Error - Action Interface]
data/actions/scripts/mine/quests/Demon Oak/demonOak.lua:eek:nUse
description:
...a/actions/scripts/mine/quests/Demon Oak/demonOak.lua:85: attempt to compare number with nil
stack traceback:
...a/actions/scripts/mine/quests/Demon Oak/demonOak.lua:85: in function <...a/actions/scripts/mine/quests/Demon Oak/demonOak.lua:1>

The line is: " if cbs > 0 then", then i solver put on the top "local cbs = 0", so, there is no more console errors.

But, on the Demon Oak's face, everytime is just POFF, don't matter the time. And the waves never ends, and is don't appearing the message "There are n monster that could not be summoned. Wave has not been counted.".

What should be?

Sometimes, comes an console error, take a look:

The line is: " if cbs > 0 then", then i solver put on the top "local cbs = 0", so, there is no more console errors.

But, on the Demon Oak's face, everytime is just POFF, don't matter the time. And the waves never ends, and is don't appearing the message "There are n monster that could not be summoned. Wave has not been counted.".

What should be?

Lua:
		if getCreatureStorage(cid, itemEx.itemid) >= (waves and waves > 0 and waves or #summons) + 1 then
			return doSendMagicEffect(toPosition, CONST_ME_POFF)
		end

That means you completed all waves, check at the lib, the variable 'waves = n'

Well, i finally done the Demon Oak quest here, 85% correct.

I changed waves to 2, but i had to hit an specific part really more then 2 times (2 times, only to test).
I hit, kill the monsters, hit again, to many times.. more then 2 waves, written on the lib. Then, i left the demon oak, asking to talk with Oldrak.

I've talk with him, and at the first time he said "Good job", all right. Then, next typed again just to test "demon oak" and he said "Defeat demon oak first". But i could go to the reward room.

I think solve Oldrak's bug is easy, but how can i solve the more waves than the needed, have a hint?
Do you have a idea to have the N waves correct? Thanks.

More bugs, i will tell you, thanks.

@EDIT
I droped the demon oak storages, and did it again with wave = 1.
On the bird, the monster appeared 5 times before started to POFF, on the left/right arm the monsters just appeared 1 time before the POFF.
On the face, the monsters appeared +/- the same time as the bird, or a little bit more.

So, is something wrong, maybe i just edited the config in LIB..

QUESTIONS:
if(math.random(100) <= 10) then
doCreatureSetStorage(cid, itemEx.itemid, 12)
return true
end
What it does, exactly? (I can read in LUA, but what it does on the meaning of the quest?)

Last edited:
if(math.random(100) <= 10) then
doCreatureSetStorage(cid, itemEx.itemid, 12)
return true
end

You have 10% chances to don't have to kill the 11th wave... Only 10

Back