• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Working like a MACHO man with MySQL

Nostradamus

Reaction score
Content removed, i don't want to share my knowleagement with some retarded staff.

Last edited:
owned..

maybe they forgot about researching mysql :)

good stuff.

Last edited:
man you're the god of otsql :)

Next you'll be suggesting people start using Percona too... my god. Or perhaps building a MySQL 5.5 dev snapshot.

No, i will not. And i don't see the relationship of packages plus development stage versions and the SQL syntax. What are you trying to say exactly?

I was making a correlation on 'database performance.' to your opinions on the elementary query structure used by OT server webmasters and hobby coders writing PHP scripts. I would hope that was obvious, but apparently not.

btw(unrelated) the IRC client patch is good stuff. rep++

It is not based on performance at all, it is about of beeing smart and write less code with more logic. That's why i've created this topic. To really good optimizations, there are a lot of technics NOT covered on this topic.

It is not based on performance at all, it is about of beeing smart and write less code with more logic. That's why i've created this topic. To really good optimizations, there are a lot of technics NOT covered on this topic.

But going this way of creating mysql function you not only shorten mysql query but also optimize respond times, so clearification of code and optimalization by the way.
Taking deeper inside, somethimes is better to not overengineer the code i mean if code looks better (is shorter) we are not sure that it will be working faster :) So there is no straight corelation between how code 'look likes' and code repond time - this shoudl be also included in first post.

Short example:

Code:
function shit ($string)
{
return ucword($string);
}

Maybe its funny, but im founding such a codes in almost every script/programm.

Back