Working on 7.4 OTS

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by lompik, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM.

1. lompik

lompik 7.6 old school <3

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I've been around reading threads for many years and I finally decided to work on my first serious ots. I know that it won't be a good server but I want it to be my project and keep making it better. I have many questions about technical stuff. Should I make a new thread about each problem or should I just post them in one thread like this?

First problem I ran into is temple position. I'm using Avesta 0.6.5 and Gesior ACC for Avesta 1.0.0. I'm planning on running a real map but first I want to learn the basic things like temple position because I can't find the place where to change it.

Please don't hate on a noob trying to run a server. I'm not going to release it, I just want to work on it.

Thank You for Your help. :)

2. Felipe93

Felipe93 Ghost Member

Best Answers:
    first of all DONT USE AVESTA IS A VERY OLD AND UNSUPPORTED DISTRO
    there are tons of others distro servers TO REPLICATE VERSION 7.4
    (othire , tfs 1.2 by ond otx etc...)
    to change the temple position at character creation, check in config.php
    (INSIDE WEBSITE FOLDER)
    (i suggest you view video tutorial of geisor,there is a full video tutorial in support very complete tutorial... in tutorials section) .
    also check as many tutorials as you can

i said this, because indeed i did the same as you when i started and if it help me alot
    i worked in avesta so i wasted my time.

you can check my server here: relicaria.org

3. lompik

lompik 7.6 old school <3

Best Answers:
    Thank You for Your reply!
    I tried to use TFS 1.2 but I can't get it to start. Some errors are popping up and I don't know how to fix them.
    I finally got the temple position right. I had to set it as default in the database in table players. In the GesiorACC config I just had to set town id = 1.
    Now I need to search for a real map as much detailed as its possible so I can start working on it. Any suggestions which map should I use and where to find it?

4. Felipe93

Felipe93 Ghost Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest you again to view the whole geisor tutorial