• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Working on 7.4 OTS

lompik

7.6 old school <3
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been around reading threads for many years and I finally decided to work on my first serious ots. I know that it won't be a good server but I want it to be my project and keep making it better. I have many questions about technical stuff. Should I make a new thread about each problem or should I just post them in one thread like this?

First problem I ran into is temple position. I'm using Avesta 0.6.5 and Gesior ACC for Avesta 1.0.0. I'm planning on running a real map but first I want to learn the basic things like temple position because I can't find the place where to change it.

Please don't hate on a noob trying to run a server. I'm not going to release it, I just want to work on it.

Thank You for Your help. :)

first of all DONT USE AVESTA IS A VERY OLD AND UNSUPPORTED DISTRO
there are tons of others distro servers TO REPLICATE VERSION 7.4
(othire , tfs 1.2 by ond otx etc...)
to change the temple position at character creation, check in config.php
(INSIDE WEBSITE FOLDER)
(i suggest you view video tutorial of geisor,there is a full video tutorial in support very complete tutorial... in tutorials section) .
also check as many tutorials as you can

i said this, because indeed i did the same as you when i started and if it help me alot
i worked in avesta so i wasted my time.

you can check my server here: relicaria.org

Thank You for Your reply!
I tried to use TFS 1.2 but I can't get it to start. Some errors are popping up and I don't know how to fix them.
I finally got the temple position right. I had to set it as default in the database in table players. In the GesiorACC config I just had to set town id = 1.
Now I need to search for a real map as much detailed as its possible so I can start working on it. Any suggestions which map should I use and where to find it?

Back