• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World Of AROS

~X~

LoA Founder
Reaction score
This is just a discussion thread. This is a link to AROS Dev. Not a link to ANY server.
AROS Dev Home Page.

logo.png
What are the Realms of AROS? Well, it's really simple... It started as a fun thing to try out and do, however, I suck at scripting. So I hired out the coding aspect to very well-known people such as ( Delusion, Strutz, Oen44, Nekiro, Null ) so as you can see these guys are known for their work! I have yet to show just exactly what they have done tho, and how it all works! So let's take a little look at the history of the server formerly known as ( Aros, Legends of AROS ) shall we?

Era One...
Alright, so to start off here we should start at the very VERY first step, right? Okay, I knew you would agree with me! Aros has been around for years as a hobby/project that has never actually seen the day of light. It started out with copy/paste scripts from the forums, modify them as little as possible and hope they work! After that, I would search every single page of the maps section trying to find some stuff I liked and would again... copy/past, modify.. I later purchased BlueShift off StrutZ since he was making my one-off dungeon system.. Then I got hooked on making a world with levels like ( Sword Art Online ).. That failed big time... But hey! Never give up, right? So that pretty much sums up ( Aros )...

Era Two...
Now, let us move to Legends of Aros... Legends of Aros ( LoA ) was a semi-fresh start, I only brought what I felt was truly needed. I then contacted ( Delusion ) and asked him to partner with me. He agreed and so we started! I was excited very so, I couldn't script for anything and he could! So I managed the front part while he was making/fixing the stuff I had already. Things were going okay till real life hit me, I became extremely distant and the whole weight of the server fell to him. He left and well... Allot, and I mean ALLOT of stuff just vanished! So I decided to just once again abandon ship! I mean people were playing, enjoying things and all was fairly ok. But I simply could not fix the scripts. This brings us to the next phase in the Chronicles of AROS.

Strutz:
  • Telepath system
  • Reforging System
  • otclient_1LFwmUMeuk.jpg
    [*]
    otclient_qkxuuwsVzw.jpg
  • Daily Arena
Era Three...
So here I am...sitting at the computer, looking at all this real-life cash I dropped on the past attempts... I about puked... And that's not counting what the wife said haha! So I decided once again I will attempt to make a server that actually has the potential to fulfill my dreams, along with others! So I reached back out to ( Delusion ) apologized for my absents in our last vogue together and re-contracted him to make some features 's/scripts for the server. Many of you guys have seen it in the released section, but they are water-downed versions. Here are a few things that he has done for me.

Delusion:
  • Instanced Dungeon System ( This system has been retired )
  • Dynamic Combat System
  • Monster Power/Level/Category System
  • otclient_7IXaDil22F.png
  • Random atk/def rolled on each weapon dropped
  • rpVJ1uw.png
Era Four...
With these systems, you can already feel a difference in the game! But I could not stop there as I wanted more than just these... So I contracted ( Nekiro ) to do a loot table system for me. Each level/category has different loot tables. Yes, they all have basic loot! However, those with better loot tables will drop loot only from their loot table. I will be showing an example below for this. So that sorta helped spice up the creatures, loot, combat, and dungeons... but wait... Did I leave something out? I sure did! Onto the next coder/era!

Oen44:
  • Tooltips
  • Character Inspections
  • otclient_hNfO0Uw95Y.png
  • Dungeon system
  • otclient_SnvQf33DkZ.png
  • Crafting
  • otclient_9TokBK3Oce.png
  • Item Sets
  • Item Upgrading
  • Better QOL in the OTC.
Era Five...
Today's new advancements in the OT-Server scene, it has allowed me to move most of my things around and make huge performance gains! This era has been more of me taking a break and enjoying life, however no worries like some I still managed to work on the game a bit! We now have solo and party dungeons! We are introducing custom sprites and game features. Our new crafting system is for legendary items, potions, and many other needed things.

Now that you have heard the back story of The Realms of AROS, would you be interested? It has been an ongoing project for the better part of 5 years! I plan to open the doors for the server later at an unknown date and time. Yes, you will see bugs, yes you will have to report things! But the server will only be open for a week! Everything is in the game minus the living world as I call it due to Zbizu having to finish it! Please leave comments here, I will respond within a respectful time. No, I will not give out items or handouts! Those who actually play the server and accomplish what I ask will be given the following;

1. Small Book of recipes that I find helpful
  2. 1 key to a dungeon/area of choice
  3. 1 House key
  4. 1 decorative item set to show off in the said house
  5. 500 Aros Coins ( totally different than the in-game currency that is dropped )
  6. Name on a statue once the LIving Map goes live
  7. You will be giving the chance to become a tutor
  8. You will have access to early releases of things such as features, systems, test worlds
  9. You will have a chance in a drawing to help name new creatures as they are released! ( 4 will be drawn pending activity )
  10. Last, but not least! You will have access to the BETA ONLY section on the site, and forums!
This server isn't like the others running today. I have no team, no workers, and no need for a large monthly budget. However, donations will be accepted. This being said I want to let you ( the players ) know that the donations taken in go to server cost and the future of The Chronicles of Aros. Anyone that wishes to donate will in return be given access to special areas on the site/forum. You can purchase Aros Coins on the site to trade with in-game, or you can buy visual effects such as outfits, mounts, and things along these lines. Maybe the possibility to purchase merch off the site ( pending )

Last edited:
lol its just me or thats antharas from lineage 2?

Would it really be surprising? Like 90% of this forum's content is based on stealing someone else's copyrighted art or assets.

While I admit I don't own it, it was free to use.. but thanks! 😁

Should have been a video (or gif with play/pause controls)instead of a standard gif.

Updated the main post with new information.

Added some new info, with screenshots. Will keep posting as things change. Thanks for checking!

I have updated the main post with a link to the AROS Dev. Home Page. You can follow this game along with any other project there! Thank you!

banner.png

Back