• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Coming soon! (teaser)

On the stream we had it was 3x (+ happy hour which I think makes it 4.5x?) and I felt as it was perfect, it was not too slow and not too fast for the servers design. But the rates are something we will balance during the beta depending on the masses opinion.
Knight will probably start with 25/25 in stats though, because they have a hard time at the beginning compared to mages. And spears does not lose durability for paladins, so you wont be behind in gold as a paladin in the beginning.

These things are all open for feedback and can be changed, that's what we have the beta for. :)

On the stream we had it was 3x (+ happy hour which I think makes it 4.5x?) and I felt as it was perfect, it was not too slow and not too fast for the servers design. But the rates are something we will balance during the beta depending on the masses opinion.
Knight will probably start with 25/25 in stats though, because they have a hard time at the beginning compared to mages. And spears does not lose durability for paladins, so you wont be behind in gold as a paladin in the beginning.

These things are all open for feedback and can be changed, that's what we have the beta for. :)
I'd change it to 2000x and add custom vocations: super elder druid, super elite knight, super master sorcerer and super royal paladin. Some cool spells like exori gran mas therran, a spell that is like a blizzard that hits all monsters (also behind walls) and deals 1k damage.

I'd change it to 2000x and add custom vocations: super elder druid, super elite knight, super master sorcerer and super royal paladin. Some cool spells like exori gran mas therran, a spell that is like a blizzard that hits all monsters (also behind walls) and deals 1k damage.

I hope that was a joke

I think this will rock. I would also suggest that the first task to be lowered.. or at the start it will take so long or everyone to finnish if its crowded.

I think this will rock. I would also suggest that the first task to be lowered.. or at the start it will take so long or everyone to finnish if its crowded.

That's something we're definitely going to lower. :)

I'm not sure where all the sounds come from, but I know they are legally free-for-use.

I'm not sure where all the sounds come from, but I know they are legally free-for-use.

There are alot of sound effects I recognize, some of them seem to be from Diablo etc - did you ask Blizzard for permission xD?

We definitely don't have any diablo sounds. All sounds you hear are free to use from different places on the web. If you hear something that sounds similar then it probably is just that, similar, not the same.
If you can find a sound that is copyrighted that sounds EXACTLY like a sound from our client, then you can please tell us so. It's not like it's a big deal changing one copyrighted sound/song.
And coming here with guesses of games with copyrighted sound is just fetching for something that might not even be there.
So I ask you, find these exact same sounds in another game, then come here and complain about it. :)

Sincerely,
Mackan™

Please have in mind that the otserver is not even in beta yet. If we find anything that people dislike, we can easily change it. Come with constructive criticism, otherwise it's not really helping.

We definitely don't have any diablo sounds. All sounds you hear are free to use from different places on the web. If you hear something that sounds similar then it probably is just that, similar, not the same.
If you can find a sound that is copyrighted that sounds EXACTLY like a sound from our client, then you can please tell us so. It's not like it's a big deal changing one copyrighted sound/song.
And coming here with guesses of games with copyrighted sound is just fetching for something that might not even be there.
So I ask you, find these exact same sounds in another game, then come here and complain about it. :)

Sincerely,
Mackan™

I even sued Betasoft already, because they used your goddamn sound. Just, unbearrable. :')

Nah seriously, I got nothing to complain this time, sadly.

Back