• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is just false
most caves aren't small tight areas, a few are, yes, but not most
paladins had a blast hunting with ease in most areas
Thats your opinion, and i will keep my opinion. They were asking for critique and i am just saying how it felt like playing for me. Your could compare the tombs in this server to the ones in real tibia and you'll see what i mean.

I've been playing this server 4years ago and i must agree with @Garlonk most spawns are in caves with little place to run around with multiple floors with few monsters at once spawning at entrance this didnt bother me so much cuz i was sorcerer at this time full magic dmg literally wrecking everything in my path but for paladin it must be painfully

Is there any specific cave you're thinking about, if you can remember? We could look at them and try to broaden up on some places.
Whjen you say tombs, is it any specific tomb or all tombs? Are there more places?

I only remember spawns vaguely but it was mainly a problem for caves. Most surface spawns had enough space. I do remember some vampire cave that was really nice looking but was way too small to hunt in even when waiting for respawn, and you would lure like 3 vampire at the same time whether you want to or not. I think the tomb very far south of the city had their chambers too close to the main tunnels so that you would always lure the monsters just by walking by and the paths felt too narrow so it was hard to use aoe effectively.

Last edited:
I only remember spawns vaguely but it was mainly a problem for caves. Most surface spawns had enough space. I do remember some vampire cave that was really nice looking but was way too small to hunt in even when waiting for respawn, and you would lure like 3 vampire at the same time whether you want to or not. I think the tomb very far south of the city had their chambers too close to the main tunnels so that you would always lure the monsters just by walking by and the paths felt too narrow so it was hard to use aoe effectively.
I think I know which tomb you mean, I'll look into that specific area and try to move the room in a bit. Hopefully new adventures in that tomb won't be as dangerous :)

paladins had a blast hunting with ease in most areas
Agree and disagree.

Agree, because I was casual AF player. Maneuvering Wyrms with quite low level wasn't that hard after few trys.
Disagree, because He still has a point on small dungeons. The one with Wyrms was ridiculously small, narrow and lacked any complexity. One simple mistake and you didn't have any chances of saving yourself. It was just a grind as soon as player figured out the proper "flow".

Agree and disagree.

Agree, because I was casual AF player. Maneuvering Wyrms with quite low level wasn't that hard after few trys.
Disagree, because He still has a point on small dungeons. The one with Wyrms was ridiculously small, narrow and lacked any complexity. One simple mistake and you didn't have any chances of saving yourself. It was just a grind as soon as player figured out the proper "flow".
I was never really satisfied with that Wyrm cave. I will look into revamping it, making wider paths and giving it a better flow. I also added a new wyrm spawn near the dwarven town, I hope that one will have a better flow. I tried it out and thought so, but it's always better when experienced wyrm hunters give their opinions. :)

So If I read between the lines: Everything should be available and good for all vocations. You might aswell make all vocations the same. All can heal, all can tank, all can damage. Why should anything be special.
To make it easier all should have the same Health and mana pool and same spells.

All hunting places is equally good for solo and team play.

What Im saying is that if something is a bit narrower than normal, maybe paladins shouldnt choose that. If you wish to hunt anyway, do it.

It also means that we probably need to add alternatives for those. I removed a few spawns from that spot and opened up another path so you can walk around it and not get cornered as easily. This is best shown with the minimap of the place.
Br4FNSP.png

I hope this odd looking place will be a better hunting ground in the new version.
The reason it's so small though is that I have planned a future expansion on it, but that's for another day. :)

Today we can finally reveal a minimap of the area we'd like to have accessable from the start of the server. Please air your thoughts about this, especially the size. We've had some thoughts both about limiting with smaller areas for closer play and having more accessable for more to explore.
But we think this is a balance between that. As you can see on the map there are some black areas (and clouds 😇) that are planned future areas.
Therran Minimap 2020-01-17.png

Today we can finally reveal a minimap of the area we'd like to have accessable from the start of the server. Please air your thoughts about this, especially the size. We've had some thoughts both about limiting with smaller areas for closer play and having more accessable for more to explore.
But we think this is a balance between that. As you can see on the map there are some black areas (and clouds 😇) that are planned future areas.
View attachment 41754
Gotta be able to zoom in even further, the text is kinda small in some places, even on full zoom

Damn that minimap looks like polished to perfection, but teasing people with such great stuff makes waiting for release even harder ;D

I really hope that this isn't all just teasers and it will be just as good as it seems. Waiting for realease :).

Gotta be able to zoom in even further, the text is kinda small in some places, even on full zoom
Did you find this
T2URpCO.png
button? I have no issue reading the text with that zoom in.

I was not satisfied with how the dwarven town looked, so I trashed the parts I didn't like and made new stuff. It looks and feels like a completely different town, much better. Here are some screenshots of it. More can be found in my mapping thread linked in my signature.

Yoainjr.png

pLrtUQb.png

VDax0UD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back