• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World on +1

Wavoz

Oldschooler
Reaction score
Ive been wondering why nobody has done whole server on +1 floor. It could have cool effects with lower grounds shown beneath the main floor. Current main floor doesn't show titles below ground floor, everything appears "black".
Can this be done or what are the downsides of doing that?
I think this would make pretty cool terrain with holes in ground or trenches being visible in fields.
Share your thoughts.

Don't need whole server to be like that.
Besides if you are like x floors high or something it still goes black.
But I get your point. Still whole server is overkill xD

Ive been wondering why nobody has done whole server on +1 floor. It could have cool effects with lower grounds shown beneath the main floor. Current main floor doesn't show titles below ground floor, everything appears "black".
Can this be done or what are the downsides of doing that?
I think this would make pretty cool terrain with holes in ground or trenches being visible in fields.
Share your thoughts.
The point is that everything below ground floor is dark despite day cycle. How would you handle that, if underground is visible but is dark despite day cycle?

therran has whole map above floor i think. which enables rly awesome stuff such as transparent water and other stuff. at the ground level. not sure though, they might just use transparent water for undergrounds and special +1 areas.
https://otland.net/threads/world-of-therran-beta.222171

but overall it's not much point imo, just to make ur maps abit nicer? not worth xD
u also have to add more floors to the client then i feel too, which limits you to otclient.

I've done part on my map on +2, on a mountain, the whole part is my "snow" area :p, the city is on +1 to the north and there's a canyon going through the map

Back