• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Worlds: A Distributed MMO

machinehum

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls,

I was part of the OT community many years ago, I played real Tibia and lots of servers. I even hosted my own server at one time.

More recently I've been working on a project called Worlds, it's basically an economic backbone for a distributed MMO. The idea is anyone can host a world and players can freely move about all worlds bringing their items, experience and money. All of the technical details are in the whitepaper which can be found on the github linked above.

The reason I'm posting here is because I'm planning on forking an open source Tibia client and using that as the boiler plate example for designing a world. This means that if successful players would be able to move to a different OT server while maintaining their progress (items, exp, skills). This basically creates a massive universe. It would also be possible to move into worlds that don't use a Tibia clients, perhaps going into a text based world or fully 3D (the options are unbounded for more info check the whitepaper)

Does anyone know of a good open source Tibia client? Right now I have found the github page for yatc, it's looks to be well maintained. I can also implement any requirements and contrib them back if needed.

Feedback welcome!

Back