• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you like a 7.6 client, custommap non-greed server come true?

Rune

Reaction score
Hello!

First of im sorry for my english, im from sweden and since im done with highschool long time ago i rarly use english exept when i watch movies, so i guess im quite rusty, but i hope you can read between the lines and understand what im writing.

There is no server that is 7.6 cliented with a decent custommap (from scratch), that has no donations, fees or greed for money what so ever as far as i know.

So, at September 2010 i started to try gather people who was like me, people who wanted a 7.6 server with a new large new map with new quests and new NPCs to try find that feeling i had when i was younger exploring and living on the island of Tibia.
A server that wasent about donations, fees or greed for money/power/authority, a server that was just made by people for people

To be honest im a bit scared writing in english, since i never use it anymore, so i mainly tried to find people at the swedish sections here at OTlands and OTfans. OTlands seemed to have a larger active member base so there i showed off my progress.

Alot of people seemed to love the idea, a few wanted to come along and help, but now after 5 months, only 1 guy has actually helped me with something.

Since projects borns and dies all the time, i guess people wasent beliving in me, so i continued working, i had a 1-2 months brake, and now latley i have just mapped now and then since im quite done with the map.

I have been talking with Znote, wich is providing professional hosting for people that want to provide non realmap servers with a strong playerbase, who said he will host the server when its done.

But i need help!
In a team there is a need of diffrent kind of members, and i cant do all the parts myself.
Since im grown up i have a life outside the computer, and i dont have the time nor energy to get into programing and mod a stable distro to 7.6, nor do i have time or energy to script all the quests and all the npcs.

So, if you feel that this is something you want done, if you want to give a helping hand to a non-profit 7.6 server, please give me a shout.
Im in need of a stable 7.6 distro, and when i got one that is for sure working, i need help making NPCs and quests.

Since my remeres map editor crashes when i try extract minimaps, and my minimap doesnt fit my screen, i have this minimap of most of the surface, and i copy pasted some of the underground into 3 pictures, the underground ones is randomly placed with no order what so ever, but the point is to show you guys that i have came quite far with the mapping, and the mapping is ready to host, the only thing it lacks is the decision wich server it will be run under and the scripting.

pictures;
utveckling7ground.png

utvecklingundejord1.png

utvecklingundejord2.png

utvecklingundejord3.png

So please, if you want this to come true, give me a hand or ask around your friends if they could help or if they know someone that could help and ask them to watch this thread.

/rune
Kaffekaffe at OTfans

What do you mean?
Engine as in the hoster computer or as in wich client or as in wich OT distro?

Ah, im not sure yet.
As said im not that into what works the best, is most stable and easiest to work with, but i have been told and recomended to use [7.6] TFS (Crying Damson) v2 since its beeing worked on and improved.

This is where the team needs a server guy =p
I have been playing around a bit tonight to see if i could make it work and load the map, and i had some problems, wich was solved, but now i have some problems with the server reading the items on the map.
Im quite clueless whats causing this.
I could create a test map, convert it to 7.6 and run it with the server and connect and walk around, but the main map wont load becouse of this item problem. =/

/rune
PS; I will take some screenshots of the map and show you all later on, im to tired at the momet wrestling with paint and imageshack :p

I wish you goodluck i have 3 projects animera,secret,and started a third project few days ago with 7.7 its also from scratch.
However i wish you goodluck the map looks really good.

Goodluck on those projects, but why are you not focusing on just one project and finnish it Lagmacun? =p

Im still trying to find a team, i have talked with a guy that is in a team working on a 7.4 realmap server and has previous experince running servers with a large playerbase.
The good thing is that he is a bit intressted in cooperating with me to make a server that runs this map aswell on the side of the realmap 7.4 project.
The sad thing is that he hes holding really thight in his serverfiles, and that makes hosting a bit problematic since he would only trust a company hosting the server, wich means fees, wich means that the server must have some kind of income in forms of donations.
We arent done yet with the discusions but i do hope we could settle some good deal.

Once again i ask you all openly if there is anyone that would like to join a team that will bring a lowrate 7.6 custommap server online.
/rune

Back