• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you play a war server?

Would you play an 8.6 war server?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Depends on the server

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Hades95

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been inactive on this community for almost 9 years, now I have the time and money to spend on this wonderful "world" I would like to develop my own server. When I used to be an active member of this community and also an open tibia player. I spent most of my time on WAR servers, and I loved those type of servers, I have great memories from them and that's why I wanted to work on a new one now that I have the time and money to spend on this project.
So, my question here is: Would you guys play a war server with an 8.6 client?

I've been working by myself on this server and I got some things ready, but it is very important for me to know if this will be reliable, (I don't want any profit from this, just remember good old times and do what I always wanted to) this is an investment so it is necessary to know if the server will be able to mantain itself.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions about this. Thank you all in advance!

Welcome back,

Give it a shot. War servers are a lost gem, imo. What’s the worst that could happen? If done properly, sure, I believe it could be fun. Good advertising, balance, and minimal bugs with dedicated hosting that won’t “reset” after a week. Add some fun custom content as well. However, I recommend starting with a familiar map.

if you have custom tfs modifications that likes, because a normal war with lua scripts, this is an ass, not a foolish one and 0 chances to kill one day 400 people, the second 100 on the third 0 this is true

you are asking wrong audience
I was thinking about this, here we have more developers than players. I think that's the reason you say that, haha.

Welcome back,

Give it a shot. War servers are a lost gem, imo. What’s the worst that could happen? If done properly, sure, I believe it could be fun. Good advertising, balance, and minimal bugs with dedicated hosting that won’t “reset” after a week. Add some fun custom content as well. However, I recommend starting with a familiar map.
Thank you man for the welcome message, I totally agree with you, I'm looking for a dedicated hosting, already talked with Don Daniello to check if he have a free server for me to hire. I will also invest on advertisement and I'm already working on the server and testing (to find bugs and fix) what I got on my local environment. I will maybe open a new thread to let all of you know what we got and keep up-to date about the server. I will let you know when the thread is ready so you can check it!

if you have custom tfs modifications that likes, because a normal war with lua scripts, this is an ass, not a foolish one and 0 chances to kill one day 400 people, the second 100 on the third 0 this is true
Yeah, I totally understand that this server "success" will totally depend on what I have to offer to the players. I would like to understand better what you mean by saying "0 chances to kill one day 400 people, the second 100 on the third 0 this is true" all the comments and suggestions are welcome. So if you're able to explain this better I will appreciate that.

sorry i use google translate, I mean that one day there will be 400 and after 3 day 0 people, if you have little modification to offer, now with a friend we are creating a war server and we are on a very good path and with a clear conscience we can say that karamy-war hides into our project

I was thinking about this, here we have more developers than players. I think that's the reason you say that, haha.

Thank you man for the welcome message, I totally agree with you, I'm looking for a dedicated hosting, already talked with Don Daniello to check if he have a free server for me to hire. I will also invest on advertisement and I'm already working on the server and testing (to find bugs and fix) what I got on my local environment. I will maybe open a new thread to let all of you know what we got and keep up-to date about the server. I will let you know when the thread is ready so you can check it!

Yeah, I totally understand that this server "success" will totally depend on what I have to offer to the players. I would like to understand better what you mean by saying "0 chances to kill one day 400 people, the second 100 on the third 0 this is true" all the comments and suggestions are welcome. So if you're able to explain this better I will appreciate that.

To avoid the seemingly inevitable death after a few days, you have to add valuable content, and avoid an extremely repetitive experience.

Assuming you go with the 1/1 or 2/2 account logins with hundreds of characters per account to fight, perhaps create a system, so that after you kill a certain amount of people, you have the ability to create a new account (e.g. via talkaction). And that character you’ve been using saves to your new account and you can hunt, level up, progress, enter arenas, buy houses, etc.

It’s just an idea. You need to come up with something not so repetitive but also provides longevity and purpose to their continued attendance on your game.

sorry i use google translate, I mean that one day there will be 400 and after 3 day 0 people, if you have little modification to offer, now with a friend we are creating a war server and we are on a very good path and with a clear conscience we can say that karamy-war hides into our project
Thank you for the time to explain this, now I understood what you meant! I wish you the best with your server :D

To avoid the seemingly inevitable death after a few days, you have to add valuable content, and avoid an extremely repetitive experience.

Assuming you go with the 1/1 or 2/2 account logins with hundreds of characters per account to fight, perhaps create a system, so that after you kill a certain amount of people, you have the ability to create a new account (e.g. via talkaction). And that character you’ve been using saves to your new account and you can hunt, level up, progress, enter arenas, buy houses, etc.

It’s just an idea. You need to come up with something not so repetitive but also provides longevity and purpose to their continued attendance on your game.
Thank you for the suggestions, I have some ideas on mind but I'm still on the "old open tibia" haha I didn't thought ever about a system like that and sounds really interesting. As I mentioned before, when I have at least a 50% of the server made I will create a new thread to receive some suggestions and show what I have. Thank you again!

Thank you for the time to explain this, now I understood what you meant! I wish you the best with your server :D

Thank you for the suggestions, I have some ideas on mind but I'm still on the "old open tibia" haha I didn't thought ever about a system like that and sounds really interesting. As I mentioned before, when I have at least a 50% of the server made I will create a new thread to receive some suggestions and show what I have. Thank you again!
no problem it's my fault that I misspelled the sentence

I'm probably boring about war server topic but 2 things:
  • let 8.6 die, or download&run whatever shit, only bots play on this protocol
  • WAR server is a good idea, but do it like Chivalry Medieval Warfare, two teams and one is "attacker" and other is "defender" of some objective. Simple fighting with premade characters is boring.

no I wouldn't personally. typically anyone like me who is a "solo" player, won't be able to even have a chance against teams there. Also tibia pvp is pretty dead imo, many games out now have much better pvp. But many years ago I did enjoy them every now and then

also gonna agree with Kuzyn, 8.6 is not a good idea. Tibia pvp was much more balanced around 7.6-8.0 before the ultimate hp pots and great mana pots. Personally I don't much care for the hotkey runes of 8.0, but its a matter of opinion I suppose, better to let everyone have auto aim, instead of just the botters.

Maybe a good server with a war mode event would be better, or a server based around the concept of war mode. Maybe let everyone rpg for (x) hours and then they are all thrown into a new map to try and survive, once a day maybe? winner gets the spoils

I'm probably boring about war server topic but 2 things:
  • let 8.6 die, or download&run whatever shit, only bots play on this protocol
  • WAR server is a good idea, but do it like Chivalry Medieval Warfare, two teams and one is "attacker" and other is "defender" of some objective. Simple fighting with premade characters is boring.
Thank you for the message. I was checking and doing some research about which protocol is the most popular and I found that 8.6 is the most popular protocol right now, the server with most players right now is actually using 8.6. In the past I had a decent server and I had some scripts to prevent bots (it was really easy to find bots on war servers).
Also, the idea of having 2 teams fighting for something is good, I could use that as an event or something, but I would like to implement that to the server. Thank you again!

no I wouldn't personally. typically anyone like me who is a "solo" player, won't be able to even have a chance against teams there. Also tibia pvp is pretty dead imo, many games out now have much better pvp. But many years ago I did enjoy them every now and then

also gonna agree with Kuzyn, 8.6 is not a good idea. Tibia pvp was much more balanced around 7.6-8.0 before the ultimate hp pots and great mana pots. Personally I don't much care for the hotkey runes of 8.0, but its a matter of opinion I suppose, better to let everyone have auto aim, instead of just the botters.

Maybe a good server with a war mode event would be better, or a server based around the concept of war mode. Maybe let everyone rpg for (x) hours and then they are all thrown into a new map to try and survive, once a day maybe? winner gets the spoils
About being a solo player, in the past I had a lot of players who liked to play alone and were able to fight against entire teams. I think that depends on what you do to become not just a better player but a better "strategist". Anyways I respect what you think about these type of servers. Thank you for the feedback man.

i developed a war server with 4 custom vocations based on the real vocations. I added one arena in the base where its free for all and after 100 deaths inside arena a boss spawns. You cant level up on the server so everyone is equal, although i added honor system that works as money that you use to upgrade your items and spells. Battlrgrounds and events each 3 hours. Everything you did was for items basically cause thats the only way of getting stronger.

I made the map small so you always run into players where ever you go and if no1 was one was online you could go farm honor and gold from a special battleground where the monsters are 'players' from real tibia with their vocationspells
server was basically 99% done. but i lost interest and put it on ice

this was just a few ideas of content :>

Last edited:
i developed a war server with 4 custom vocations based on the real vocations. I added one arena in the base where its free for all and after 100 deaths inside arena a boss spawns. You cant level up on the server so everyone is equal, although i added honor system that works as money that you use to upgrade your items and spells. Battlrgrounds and events each 3 hours. Everything you did was for items basically cause thats the only way of getting stronger.

I made the map small so you always run into players where ever you go and if no1 was one was online you could go farm honor and gold from a special battleground where the monsters are 'players' from real tibia with their vocationspells
server was basically 99% done. but i lost interest and put it on ice

this was just a few ideas of content :>
Thank you for the ideas for the server, I will be always open to suggestions!

Directed at your post above,

Client 8.6 is the most popular because of the whole cool down / exhaust thing they implemented after this client, and ElfBot, unfortunately. Proper balance was most certainly before client 8.10. However, it would likely be easiest to launch a war server with 8.60 as it is the most prevalent on this forum, and there are a lot of resources accessible. Newer clients are more difficult because they require tools that may or may not exist, or even work properly. A lot of our senior developers left around 9.40.

Directed at your post above,

Client 8.6 is the most popular because of the whole cool down / exhaust thing they implemented after this client, and ElfBot, unfortunately. Proper balance was most certainly before client 8.10. However, it would likely be easiest to launch a war server with 8.60 as it is the most prevalent on this forum, and there are a lot of resources accessible. Newer clients are more difficult because they require tools that may or may not exist, or even work properly. A lot of our senior developers left around 9.40.
I agree about the balance on earlier versions than 8.60 and yeah I've seen there's a lot of OTs which even allow players to use bots, but the thing is that I've worked with 8.60 before, also I have experience with LUA and other languages so I will be able to develop an anti-bot system (which I had in the past). Anyways this project is something I'm developing to remember how did this "world" works, get back my LUA skills and such, also for "the good old memories", I have a lot of good experiences with my previous server and I want to see if it is still possible to forge a great community with a similar server. But also I'm planning my "next move" which is a 10.98 server, but I will need to check a little more about the new TFS versions (libraries and such). I will also create a thread for this project (It might take some time to develop this one, because I want to create a custom server (I always like working my own maps and scripts).

And well for this server I'm developing my own scripts so I can "get back to the game" with LUA, I'm just using some old ideas that were in the forum but I'm scripting my own code.

Thank you for the comment!

Back