• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

XAMPP or MySQL

XAMPP or MySQL Server

• XAMPP

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • MySQL Server

Votes: 43 27.7%

• Total voters
I use xampp on windows because download and installing apache, php5, mod_php, mysql, an ftp server, and a mysql administration tool individual is a huge pain in the ass which I don't wish to endure.
However, on Linux, I would just use the command that Talaturen posted (similar anyway). I'd probably just administrate the database by typing out my own queries.

How the hell am I supposed to figure out exactly that? :p Oh I'll just ask you :)

But first, I need to build a kickass computer!
the only thing you need to know out of that command is the "apt-get install", which is the command to download those packages (if needed) and install them.
It will also automatically download and install all missing required packages, which makes it very easy to use.

the stuff following that is only package names. Package names are generally very self-explanatory. apache2 is version 2 of the apache webserver, php5 is php5, etc.

Xampp and MySQL isn't the same thing. And Xampp uses different tools that can be downloaded without using Xampp itself..

Or maybe I didn't understand the question.

I think xampp would be the easiest choice, even tho It's a bit slower than it'd be to download a fresh MySQL server.

PHP:
If(($systemDistro == "unix") && (!$commercialPurposes == "0"))

{
getInstallMysql();
echo "Mysql has been installed ;)";
}

else
{
getInstallXampp();
echo "Xampp installed...dumb ;p";
}

Last edited:
Back