• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

XAMPP using a lot of RAM? Check here!

Redbull116

Reaction score
I solved the problem. Here is how I did it.

1. Go to: \xampp\mysql\bin\
2. Open the file named 'my' (my.ini)
3. find line 27 ([mysqld])
4. add this line anywhere under [mysqld]: table_definition_cache = 200
5. Save the file and restart xampp/mysql & apache services.
6. Done! XAMPP will now run mysql/apache under or less than 100MB of RAM! (I'm using 74MB of RAM)

Instead of doing it this bad way you should investigate what it is on your website that is taking to much ram..

Start with checking logs

Instead of doing it this bad way you should investigate what it is on your website that is taking to much ram..

Start with checking logs
Let me politely correct you. Even after installing a FRESH COPY of XAMPP (latest version) of course, it will use over 400MB of Random Access Memory.
This is without a site. This is, once again, a fresh install. I found the solution and wanted to share it with the public. There is nothing dangerous about it. It may reduce performance in HTTP only slightly, but nothing noticeable.

the real solution is to not use xampp ;)
That's YOUR solution. Some people may not agree with you and some may. That's *YOUR OPINION* Of course, you can always use Oracle (MySQL). There is no *REAL* solution. By the time you set up any other program/service, it's going to use about the same amount of RAM.

I solved the problem. Here is how I did it.

1. Go to: \xampp\mysql\bin\
2. Open the file named 'my' (my.ini)
3. find line 27 ([mysqld])
4. add this line anywhere under [mysqld]: table_definition_cache = 200
5. Save the file and restart xampp/mysql & apache services.
6. Done! XAMPP will now run mysql/apache under or less than 100MB of RAM! (I'm using 74MB of RAM)

It Worked for me , thanks a lot ... nice trick :)

Back