• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xanteria's Legacy?

Would you like to see the REAL xanteria back again? (with the characteristics below)

• ABSOLUTELY

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Hell No.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xanteria OT

Reaction score
Hello OTland, been a while since I've last posted anything here,

Allow me to start by saying, I am ashamed of my actions, those of you who are close to me know one important characteristic about me, that is, when I swear/promise there ain't no going back, i.e I don't lie when I swear, and this is something I proved for the past 7 years?

If you played the last version of Xanteria you prolly know that it grew to it's peak again in 2 weeks, (it reached 200+ active players) and then it was let's say shut down.

The close friends who I've made in my 7 year career in open tibia know that Ohyeah to me was not just a mentor, but even more valuable than a brother, and this is why I forgive him of everything he did to me, and he knows what he did. It destroyed me to fight against him, but I confess, I have gone too far. From hacking the database to hacking his own personal accounts (PayPal), but of course my friends know why I did this, and they were well aware of my chats with Ohyeah...

I am not going to keep talking about him so if that's what you hope this is about, I am sorry to disappoint you.

Money was never my motive, but to be honest it did make you feel like your efforts are compensated, and this was why I asked for a small (25%) cut in the last version of Xanteira.

The reason I am writing this is to clarify a few points about Xanteria, this server was not made by one man, and this is what made it remarkable... Xanteria was built by the players, starting from Kurdii (who eventually became Admin Kurdii) who was no more than an ordinary player, but he had passion, and he helped us build Xanteria v 1.5 & designed our war map which we still have in the modern Xanteria.

All the way to Phoowned (gesior) who was no more than a hoster, his job was to get money to keep the server up & running, but Xanteria inspired Phoowned to innovate, and he ended up scripting a zombie event for Xanteria & releasing it to OTland (the footage in Phoowned's thread is from Xanteria).

I admit in the last version of Xanteria we got a little excited and lost the point of Xanteria, this is a server which is designed BY THE PLAYERS, what the owner has to do is supervise & edit a bit if needed.

Xanteria was where the players made all the decisions, it wasn't an ordinary server where you play & make friends, it was more of a community, where the smallest player had contact with the Admins, where there was always an incentive to innovate...

Back then Xanteria resembled a will, a will to innovate. Right now it resembles something more valuable, that is Youth. When we say Xanteria there are 230 people who will think straight to 2011 & remember all the great wars, all the crazy friends & enemies, it was a server where friends & enemies celebrated holidays together, where Admins would hand gifts to players, it was a server where you never wanted to press that log off button.

I wrote this to clarify these points, because Xanteria doesn't deserve a "bad name", as it was never a "fast-cash OTs", we had our fights as owners, we came through it and quite frankly the most who suffered were our players as they got a really bad experience, and my sorrow cannot be expressed enough for that.

If Xanteria comes up it will be with 1 owner (the next time), and the characteristics that define Xanteria (stated above) shall never be forgotten, or else there is no Xanteria.

Thank you for your time, but please understand that Xanteria reminds me of everything that was good for me back then.

One last thing that I'd like to share and this only 2 people know about (ohyeah is not one of them.), is that I almost cried when I hacked Ohyeah, not because I was scared nor because I avenged myself, but because how things escalated between me and someone who meant the world to me, and if he is reading this I hope he knows that he did hurt me more than I hurt him.

I am sorry for the long "speech" but it is necessary as I don't want to see Xanteria's reputation harmed because of a quarrel between me & my previous partner.

Xanteria might be on again fellas, this time under 1 man's control, the motive is to bring back the youth!

It will never be the real xanteria cause, i closed the real xanteria my friend, nobody wants u to open MY ots !

Back