• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Xfinity shit show

Itutorial

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
TFS 1.3 10.98

in config.lua I have my public ipv4 address. (whatismyip.com)

People can connect to the server outside the network.

I cannot connect with any IP (public ipv4, 127.0.0.1, 10.0.0.209, 10.0.01)

The router has another ipv4 IP that is gives to my pc from the router which is 10.0.0.209

The ports are forwarded through that IP because that's the "ID" the router gave me.

If I try to add 10.0.0.209 to the ip in config.lua no one from the outside can connect but I can.

I cannot change the 10.0.0.209 from being the IP the ports are opened from.

I can connect to my servers website along with people from the outside connected from the public ipv4.

I can connect to the website from any of the previous IP's mentioned.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, so there was some info on this hidden in one of limos posts. You can go into your hosts files and link the two ipv4 addresses from your router and global ip to eachother.

It is in c:\windoww\system32\drivers\ect\hosts.txt for windows. You just put your router ipv4 then your global ipv4 at the bottom.

Last edited:
I have Xfinity. People can connect to my computer, but i can't access my own IP address. they are pretty expensive too :p it sucks

I assume it’s a specific internet provider which classically has issues with OT devs connecting to their own IP address.

What do ytou mean

i bought a 200$ modem is a Arris with Xfinity because i love arris brand. but the one i have dont let Access my own IP. it will let people log in and get in my port. but i cant. i called them and ask them i they told me that the moden i have is not capable of doing it.
cause it doesn't have the NAT option in configuration.

for more info check this problem out.

The only way you can log in to your server with this router is with the localhost or thru a different IP.

Last edited:
i bought a 200$ modem is a Arris with Xfinity because i love arris brand. but the one i have dont let Access my own IP. it will let people log in and get in my port. but i cant. i called them and ask them i they told me that the moden i have is not capable of doing it.
cause it doesn't have the NAT option in configuration.

for more info check this problem out.

The only way you can log in to your server with this router is with the localhost or thru a different IP.

A networking limitiation more than the router.

You can't route back into a WAN IP if it's your own gateway IP

Back