• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xikini's Free Scripting Service. [0.3.7 & (0.3.6/0.4)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Doing quick (30 min or less) scripts for [0.3.7 & (0.3.6/0.4)]
I am not here to fix your broken scripts, although I will give advice if requested.
I am here for script requests of scripts not already available on the forum.
If you require support for your scripting issues please make a thread in the support section.

For clarity's sake,
I will script actionscripts, creaturescripts, globalevents, talkactions, movements, npcs for you.
I will not script spells, weapons, raids or monster scripts.
Additionally, source editing, websites and database queries are a no go as well.

Code:
How to make shorter links to posts.
https://otland.net/threads/234306/page-14#post-2330703

Last edited:
I might be able to write this myself but I don't have any servers setup so I thought this might be a nice script for you to work on even if you never release it :)

I have no idea if this has been done before..

Have you seen the movie Tron?

You setup a huge arena and then as the player walks or runs they zip across the arena leaving a trail of some type of effect behind them like fire, energy which slowly dissipates, set the player's outfit color to that of the field, blue for energy, red for fire etc..

If an opposing player or even the player that created the trail comes into contact with the field then they are teleported out of the arena, of course this is a timed event as time goes on the size of the arena grows smaller, if the player is caught outside of the shrinking arena then they are teleported out, no spells can be casted inside of this event & everyone runs at the same speed, to keep it fair, last man standing wins the event.

I'll probably start bumping the thread bi-weekly or monthly, as there is little to no interest in the thread.
But seriously, any and all requests are welcome.
Post here or send me a private message.

I'll probably start bumping the thread bi-weekly or monthly, as there is little to no interest in the thread.
But seriously, any and all requests are welcome.
Post here or send me a private message.

I think the thing is alot of 0.3.6 scripts have been made already. Ever thought of getting into 1.1? Or no interest?

I think the thing is alot of 0.3.6 scripts have been made already. Ever thought of getting into 1.1? Or no interest?
No interest. I don't want to learn the new scripting style, and my friend uses 0.3.7 as the base of his server.

No interest. I don't want to learn the new scripting style, and my friend uses 0.3.7 as the base of his server.
You can still use 1.x style of scripting in pre-1.x servers, 1.x did not introduce anything new that didn't already exist in the language, you can reverse that and use pre-1.x style of programming in 1.x servers.

The code generated in scripts is not a matter of style but a matter of steps, how many steps does it take to get from point A to point B.

In 1.x the majority of scripts are written in an OO (Object Orientated) approach where we can use an object's metatable (it's constructor) and the object's metamethods (it's methods / functions) directly as opposed to using the compat file which does the same thing it just uses an extra step.

In pre-1.x servers we don't have metatables or metamethods, but who is to say we can't build our own :)
Ofcourse by creating metatables and metamethods for pre-1.x servers we would be creating additional steps..

Contrary to popular belief an extra step in programming won't slow down your server and could provide more control on how your server functions.

Happy Coding! :)

I can keep picking it for like 1-2 mins then it get removed and it stay removed for 10 mins
So to clarify some more..

Use PickAxe on stone.
Have 1/200 chance of stone break.
When stone breaks, remove stone for 10 minutes.

Is this right?

Note: The ID's that I had to test with are not the same as the ID's you seem to have on your server.
I used these ID's in testing, but changed to the values your image shows in the script below.
stone = 1304
pickaxe = 11421
chuYw4k.png

Code:
local cfg = {
   stoneID = 1791,
   stoneTime = 10 -- time in minutes till stone reappears
}
function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
   local toPosition = {x=toPosition.x, y=toPosition.y, z=toPosition.z, stackpos=1}
   if itemEx.itemid == cfg.stoneID then
     doSendMagicEffect(toPosition, CONST_ME_POFF)
     if math.random(200) == 1 then
       doTransformItem(getThingfromPos(toPosition).uid, 0)
       addEvent (function () doCreateItem(cfg.stoneID, 1, toPosition) end, (1000 * 60 * cfg.stoneTime))
     end
   else
     doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "Sorry, you can't mine this object.")
   end
   return true
end

--[[

actions.xml

<action itemid="4872" event="script" value="xikini_pickaxe_script.lua"/>

]]--

Note: The ID's that I had to test with are not the same as the ID's you seem to have on your server.
I used these ID's in testing, but changed to the values your image shows in the script below.
stone = 1304
pickaxe = 11421
chuYw4k.png

Code:
local cfg = {
   stoneID = 1791,
   stoneTime = 1 -- time in minutes till stone reappears
}
       addEvent (function () doCreateItem(cfg.stoneID, 1, toPosition) end, (1000 * 60 * cfg.stoneTime))
     end
   else
     doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "Sorry, you can't mine this object.")
   end
   return true
end

--[[

actions.xml

]]--
what this scprit is doing?

it isnt working can u give it to me as file? and thanks for ur time
http://1drv.ms/1iaNNX1

data/actions/actions.xml
Code:
data/actions/scripts/xikini_pickaxe_script.lua
Code:
local cfg = {
   stoneID = 1791,
   stoneTime = 10 -- time in minutes till stone reappears
}
     end
   else
   end
   return true
end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back