• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC - Yet Another Tibia Client 0.3 released!

Khaos

OpenTibia developer -YATC
Reaction score

Edit: Don't forget
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
:)

YATC - Yet Another Tibia Client, a client compatible with Tibia 8.0-8.40, developed under the umbrella of OpenTibia project, has just had it's newest version released!

http://yetanother.tibiaclient.com/
Downloads:
http://yetanother.tibiaclient.com/downloads
Our OTFans forum:
http://otfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=401
Report bugs:
http://otfans.net/project.php?projectid=3

Here is a short overview of the features we have done for this release (since our release 0.2.3):

• protocol 8.4
  • rightside stackpanel
  • fixed bug with connecting to TFS 0.3+
  • inventory popups
  • added more functionality on popup menu on main map - attacking, following, using, looking-at, message to
  • bug with moving items corrected by mips
  • spanish translation
  • some strings are corrected to be more similar to original client
  • highlighting of inventory/container slots when dragging
  • login status window gets correct size upon updates
  • fixes for automap, including optimizations to save every 250 tiles (decreases lag when moving)
  • fixed console clipping
  • skinned separators

And other bugfixes.

Please try out the client and report issues using the bugtracker! Also, post your comments and reports for this release in this thread.

Please understand that the main discussion is done on OTFans. I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you. I'll take this opportunity and thank Talaturen for uncensoring OTFans, and to GriZzm0 for uncensoring OTLand.

If you have any suggestions for future development please use the YATC forum and of course post them on bug tracker.

Last edited:
Cool, great work Khaos! :D

And I'm glad to see that otfans has been uncensored too. :) It's such a waste to block eachother.

Is the client functional with most things?

I mean party etc. If so, it'd be a great addition to Linux users, since the right-click menu doesn't work with a "custom" window manager on the original client. ;)

Haha, Tibia is to slow to get rid of OT, soon they won't be able to hurt us even if they want to.

OtLand is no longer afraid of OtFans, after all, we pwns them to hard! :thumbup:

Haha, Tibia is to slow to get rid of OT, soon they won't be able to hurt us even if they want to.

OtLand is no longer afraid of OtFans, after all, we pwns them to hard! :thumbup:

We have never been afraid of otfans, I haven't thought there's been a reason for the block in a long time, but I'm glad it's finally over. But let's not discuss that here, make a thread in the chit chat forum for that if you want to discuss it. further. ;)

Good job again Khaos! I'm going to play a bit around with it. If I find some bugs I will report it;)

If you get errors with missing .dll files when launching the Tibia data file fetcher download the dlls from the links below and put in your C:\Windows\System32 folder.

http://www.dll-download-system.com/dlls/jpeg62.zip
http://www.dll-download-system.com/dlls/libpng13.zip
http://www.dll-download-system.com/dlls/zlib1.zip
http://www.dlldump.com/cgi-bin/testwrap/downloadcounts.cgi?rt=count&path=dllfiles/L/libtiff3.dll

EDIT: Tested the client, and I crash after like 2 steps, impossible to play with... :(

Last edited:
great release, hope soon open tibia will finally moves to YATC :>

By me the ctrl isnt working. Like ctrl+bp is open bp. also my client looks a big fucked compared to your screeny:p my minimap is trouggh the bar at the rigth side loal. Also the client crashed by me xd. Didn't had this before, but this is an old computer.

I am sorry but...I don't get this.
What does it even do? :p

/Limannen

That is alternative client for tibia, actually for opentibia. When it will be finished we won't be breaking law never again by using Cipsoft's client to connect with OpenTibia.

Great Khaos! :)
And why don't you and the other developers create your own game?
You guys seem to have all the knowledge needed.

Oops :)
Yes, I noticed after I released and thought "whatthehell, I won't be modifying the .zip now"... Perhaps I'll update it after all.

EDIT: Tested the client, and I crash after like 2 steps, impossible to play with... :(
?!
"cant-reproduce"
I will need more info about this... I had some automap bugs, but I thought I resolved them. Try copying .map files from your Tibia folder and trying again, if it works then possibly the automap crashbug isn't fixed after all.

By me the ctrl isnt working. Like ctrl+bp is open bp.
WorksForMe(tm)
I noticed that rightclick->open doesn't always work properly, but ctrl+click works fine.

also my client looks a big fucked compared to your screeny:p
You mean "a bit fucked up"? xD
Please post a screenshot.

my minimap is trouggh the bar at the rigth side loal.
I don't understand this one, please post a screenshot. The minimap is intentionally just placed left of the sidebar, I had no time to tweak it. Automap is not 100% done yet.

Also the client crashed by me xd. Didn't had this before, but this is an old computer.
Quite possible; this is a program still in development. I will need more info about this, like, when it crashed, which server, which distro, which protocol, etc.

Great Khaos! :)
And why don't you and the other developers create your own game?
You guys seem to have all the knowledge needed.
Now, where's the fun in that, hmm? :D

No really, it's easier to start with done graphics. Besides being able to say "We read other people's files perfectly and reproduce the game" will be a great thing, don't you think? :)

Oops :)
Yes, I noticed after I released and thought "whatthehell, I won't be modifying the .zip now"... Perhaps I'll update it after all.

?!
"cant-reproduce"
I will need more info about this... I had some automap bugs, but I thought I resolved them. Try copying .map files from your Tibia folder and trying again, if it works then possibly the automap crashbug isn't fixed after all.

WorksForMe(tm)
I noticed that rightclick->open doesn't always work properly, but ctrl+click works fine.

You mean "a bit fucked up"? xD
Please post a screenshot.

I don't understand this one, please post a screenshot. The minimap is intentionally just placed left of the sidebar, I had no time to tweak it. Automap is not 100% done yet.

Quite possible; this is a program still in development. I will need more info about this, like, when it crashed, which server, which distro, which protocol, etc.

Now, where's the fun in that, hmm? :D

No really, it's easier to start with done graphics. Besides being able to say "We read other people's files perfectly and reproduce the game" will be a great thing, don't you think? :)

Hmm, I guess I'll try that then, be right back. ;)

EDIT: Nopes, still exactly the same thing, even tho I already have the map from the area. :(

Anything I could do to get a debug message for you?

EDIT2: Also, a small, yet annoying bug. You can't just press "enter" to choose a character to log in with, you need to use the mouse! ;D

EDIT3: After some testing I've noticed something. When I log in I don't have a minimap, but after I've walked 1 sqm it appears, and then the next step crashes me.

Last edited:
Hhahaha its working part ways.

1172-lolz.png

bug 1: I am invisible.
bug 2: when walking north/south, the mini map slides down and up :p (not the contents inside the mini map [or perhaps both]).

Oke Khaos when I'm at home I go test it again and post some screenshots how it looks like. Also I'm going to try to copy/paste my minimap files. I hope I can do this soon:p

Hmm, I guess I'll try that then, be right back. ;)

EDIT: Nopes, still exactly the same thing, even tho I already have the map from the area. :(

Anything I could do to get a debug message for you?
Easiest for me would be to tell you to compile a debug release from sources :/

I'll try to build one when I have some time, and upload that.

EDIT2: Also, a small, yet annoying bug. You can't just press "enter" to choose a character to log in with, you need to use the mouse! ;D
Not really a "bug" per se; it's "not done" :)
Now imagine how it is to debug YATC :)

EDIT3: After some testing I've noticed something. When I log in I don't have a minimap, but after I've walked 1 sqm it appears, and then the next step crashes me.
So it is an automap bug. *sigh*

Did you apply the "0.3 patch 1"? I may have "accidentally" fixed something there.

Hhahaha its working part ways.

1172-lolz.png

bug 1: I am invisible.
bug 2: when walking north/south, the mini map slides down and up :p (not the contents inside the mini map [or perhaps both]).
Woah, works with a customized Tibia.pic :D

Bug1: That's weird. I will need more information on this bug. Can you reproduce this bug with some publicly released distro (e.g. TFS)? Or can you reproduce this bug with a new character on a specific server? I will need some place to test this problem.

Bug2: Actually, this is what CipSoft is doing, too, except they clip it so it looks like the contents are moving ;) Don't worry, when I stick the minimap into the right side panel it'll be clipped too. So this is another one of those "not done" things and not actually a bug.

Oke Khaos when I'm at home I go test it again and post some screenshots how it looks like. Also I'm going to try to copy/paste my minimap files. I hope I can do this soon:p
Wee! Thanks. You can also try by just copying YATC files into Tibia's folder, running Tibia first, logging immediately out and running YATC again.

If it works then, then it's an automap bug. I need to extensively test this, but due to the "exam season" starting in two weeks (and some mini-exams next week) and some obligations on job, I won't be able to work on resolving this too much.

If you could try compiling YATC from sources and locating the crash, that would mean a lot to me (time-wise; I must start studying). If not, well, I'll try to whip up some spare time to check this out.

Easiest for me would be to tell you to compile a debug release from sources :/

I'll try to build one when I have some time, and upload that.

Not really a "bug" per se; it's "not done" :)
Now imagine how it is to debug YATC :)

So it is an automap bug. *sigh*

Did you apply the "0.3 patch 1"? I may have "accidentally" fixed something there.

Woah, works with a customized Tibia.pic :D

Bug1: That's weird. I will need more information on this bug. Can you reproduce this bug with some publicly released distro (e.g. TFS)? Or can you reproduce this bug with a new character on a specific server? I will need some place to test this problem.

Bug2: Actually, this is what CipSoft is doing, too, except they clip it so it looks like the contents are moving ;) Don't worry, when I stick the minimap into the right side panel it'll be clipped too. So this is another one of those "not done" things and not actually a bug.

Wee! Thanks. You can also try by just copying YATC files into Tibia's folder, running Tibia first, logging immediately out and running YATC again.

If it works then, then it's an automap bug. I need to extensively test this, but due to the "exam season" starting in two weeks (and some mini-exams next week) and some obligations on job, I won't be able to work on resolving this too much.

If you could try compiling YATC from sources and locating the crash, that would mean a lot to me (time-wise; I must start studying). If not, well, I'll try to whip up some spare time to check this out.

Well, I could if I'm home:p I'm at work now. Very Busy not much time so I will try it as soon as possible(if i don't forget it LOL)

Back