• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ "You can not logout now!" Problem!

jo31

Reaction score
As the title say i get this error when i try to logout ingame, anyone knows whats happening??
TFS 1.3 Protocol 10.98, only thing that works is if i Exit Log and wait 15 min for IdleKick.... Anyone knows where to begin to search for wrongs?
Thanks!

First of all - do you have infight condition?
What do you mean?

I restarted the ot and i can logout again.. but i dont want it to happen again while its open for public
Post automatically merged:

I was online with my Admin character, didnt think infight condition reacted to Admins..

What do you mean?

I restarted the ot and i can logout again.. but i dont want it to happen again while its open for public

I was online with my Admin character, didnt think infight condition reacted to Admins..
But he ask, did you have infight condition on character when trying logout?
In what group are you admin char? More info will be nice...

My admin is group 6, and also i tried using a normal "Player" noone could logout, it said "You can not Log Out now!"
After i restarted the ot it worked perfectly... but i really dont want this bug when we are online.

Are you sure you are using TFS 1.3? I searched the whole source and can't find anything like this all I have found is You can not logout here.
So it looks like its not related to source, Have you added any creature scripts lately that has anything to do with logout?

2de4e6b57f0da9a709999eb43acea5db.png

Now i got it again...

Are you sure you are using TFS 1.3? I searched the whole source and can't find anything like this all I have found is You can not logout here.
So it looks like its not related to source, Have you added any creature scripts lately that has anything to do with logout?
No i havent :/

Use Sublime, Notepad++ or VSCode to search for "You can not logout now!" in all of your server files.

Last edited:
Search your datapack for "RETURNVALUE_YOUCANNOTLOGOUTHERE" or as mentioned above "You can not logout here"
Have you added any nologout tiles to where you are trying to logout?

possible causes:
  • no logout tiles on the map (try moving to another place and logout there), can be erased through mapeditor
  • return false in one of onLogout creaturescripts (check creaturescripts.xml to see onLogout events)
  • error in one of onLogout creaturescripts (check console)

I suggest you download all the files to your local PC and search that way.
You shouldn't really make changes to a live server and always use a local test server to test any changes you make.

Back