• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ "You can not logout now!" Problem!

jo31

Reaction score
As the title say i get this error when i try to logout ingame, anyone knows whats happening??
TFS 1.3 Protocol 10.98, only thing that works is if i Exit Log and wait 15 min for IdleKick.... Anyone knows where to begin to search for wrongs?
Thanks!

If you already have a live Linux server, then you can just use the actual fucking grep instead of Windows band-aids.

In your server root you can use grep like grep "not logout now" ./ -R -C3 and it should search all your dataset and spit out lines, and the files they come from. If you constantly have a Linux shell to your server up, as you should, this tends to be much faster than going through your editors menu.

You can then look at these same files locally.

this tends to be much faster than going through your editors menu.
typing grep "text here" ./-r -c3
or pressing Ctrl+shift+F (in most editors) then just clicking the listed files to open.

I know which i would prefer. :p but i'm a fan of Windows (apart from all the tracking and crappy updates they pushing and when it comes to server hosting).

:)

typing grep "text here" ./-r -c3
or pressing Ctrl+shift+F (in most editors) then just clicking the listed files to open.

But on the command-line with the real grep you can chain searches about as fast as you can type by the glorious power of UNIX pipes.
Doing the same in a text editor is practically impossible. 🧐 And most code editors hard code how much context you see, whereas with grep, its just changing then numbers after the A/B/C params.

For me opening the relevant files is just subl -n $(grep "mysearch" ./ -R -l) 🥴 I don't have to pick between having a real search and my editor handy.

And neither do you actually. 🤫

haha, that is true.
1587828225551.png
I use IntelliJ IDEA when working on server code (and php storm whilst working on web stuff) which allows you to see git changes, search in path, regex search and much more.
Its a nice tool tbh, I use notepad ++ when just working on small edits.

I think im just so used to doing something a certain way that i'm stuck in my ways, old age.

I know how that feels and I actively try to shatter and reexamine all my habits once in a while. But some have escaped that process for far too long...

Like right now for example: my dotfiles are like 12 years old. I have shell rc'd toolchain env vars from the MySQL 5.5/5.6 days. Been overhauling and refactoring that mess.... so much cruft. Like I used to source a file matching the ANSI colors to closest HTML colornames and setting them as global vars. Replaced that mess with a family of shell functions to wrap a variety of provided input schemes with full RGB colors, per COLORTERM=truecolor. I've actually been using that feature in my nodejs stuff for years now leveraging Chalk in my logger constructors, just never occured to me until recently to go back and redo my shell rice the same way.

I guess you could say I've been undergoing a personal renaissance. Another example: Been using Anonymous Pro for a decade now. Fixing to build these guys soon and see which one I like best: Hasklig Iosevka FiraCode.

Back