• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adposatnr

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
May i know why i cant post on kasteria thread on advertisement? I can in any other thread no information on my alerts tho.

Might as well say you don't like one's posts, then simply don't read them (there's an 'ignore' function for this). No wonder this community is so shitty nowadays.
I wouldn't care, but when you start sniffing "constant toxic behavior", atleast do it properly and don't be a hypocrite.

There's a big difference with posting an advertisement thread that conforms to the rules of OTLand, and posting a comment that breaks the rules.

Firstly you claimed it was about "constant toxicity", not the "rules". There might be a big difference as well.
But if otland staff is responsible for some "bad words" used in discussion, as you say, it's also responsible for whatever else you put in your post, isn't it?
Also, as far as I remember, a series of scam attempts, such as spooffing etc., was also forbidden by the rules, but no one seems to give a fuck. Yea, I know, "contact otland owner bla bla bla". Now go report me for using a word "fuck", and save me your speach already.

"6. Offensive language:
You may not post content that offends other users (such as insults, threats, racism, discrimination, or any other type of personal attack). Any personal issues you have with another user should be dealt with in private."
Toxic behavior and flaming (flaming = hating on someone) often offend other users. You're the type to argue about every single detail in a toxic manner with passive aggressivity.
I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make right now.

OP has the choice to ask a moderator about why he got banned.

"6. Offensive language:
You may not post content that offends other users (such as insults, threats, racism, discrimination, or any other type of personal attack). Any personal issues you have with another user should be dealt with in private."

Only this is the actual rule. Everything else, about "flaming", "hating" and "passive aggressivity" is just your own addition. I think you're going too far with your staff lawyer attitude now.

And as I said, he was banned for "offtopic", not "offensive language" (he didn't post off the topic btw), so that's your another addition.

If you want to take the rules so strictly - according to them, I am fully allowed to "hate" advertised server, as long as I don't use offensive words nor discriminate or attack a person. There's no rule about "constant flaming" or whatsoever.
But ofc I agree that toxicity should be punished regardless. It's not always identical with breaking the rules per se. That's why I asked to do it PROPERLY, but you limit it to using a "bad word" (which has nearly zero harmfulness), completly ignoring the main issue (maybe you finally get the point now, if not, then you are not worth further discussion).

Last edited:
There's no such rule.

And the OP was banned with the reason of "offtopic", so everything you post here is irrelevant just as much.
I'm staying on topic, trying to clarifying the rules to you.
The difference is that you're trying to discuss the topic and simultaneously comment about me personally in a negative way.

But I guess you're just another wannabe-mod here, putting your 3 cents to play a forum watchman, rather than solve anything.
I don't know which part of "all threads remained ignored" you did not understand but as for someone who's so eager to become a forum sheriff you seem to have some disqualifying reading issues. Mind stop playing a staff lawyer now?
I think you're going too far with your staff lawyer attitude now.
>Personal attack.

If you want to take the rules so strictly - according to them, I am fully allowed to "hate" advertised server, as long as I don't use offensive words nor discriminate or attack a person. There's no rule about "constant flaming" or whatsoever.
But ofc I agree that toxicity should be punished regardless, that's why I asked to do it PROPERLY (maybe you finally get the point now, if not, then you are not worth further discussion).

Toxicity is a form of staying off topic as well. Not every rule has to be set in stone, just to be followed. If you think OP has not been toxic before, then I suggest you to look at his history of past posts. I'm very sure that he got banned for a justified reason, and if he feels like he has not been treated correctly, he may contact the respective moderator -- and so may you.

Regarding finding loopholes in the rules, I will just quote this message from someone who knows what she/he is talking about.
"I try to avoid having 50 pages of essays become our "rules". That's generally counterproductive at some point as there is always someone who will find something that isn't explicitly forbidden in the rules."

Act like a mature person without insulting someone or their work constantly, and you should be good to go.
It really isn't that hard.

If you wish to keep discussing about the rules with me, feel free to PM me and we may continue this conversation there.

Otherwise, take a moment or two to breathe and write a calm PM to the respective moderator if you disagree with his banishment.

I'm staying on topic, trying to clarifying the rules to you.
The difference is that you're trying to discuss the topic and simultaneously comment about me personally in a negative way.

>Personal attack.

Not an attack, but my opinion on your attitude, which I have already explained to you in priv.
And the thread was about one specified banishment which was given for "offtopic". Not a valid reason, in my opinion. Did he post in one server's thread about another server? or something about another game, not an OT? no, it all refferred to the advertised server, hence it was on topic.
Then you started speaking about "toxicity" in general, giving it a wider context. Fine, but then, do it properly, as I said. "Toxicity" doesn't consist on, nor is limited to, using some improper words, but goes much further.

Toxicity is a form of staying off topic as well. Not every rule has to be set in stone, just to be followed. If you think OP has not been toxic before, then I suggest you to look at his history of past posts. I'm very sure that he got banned for a justified reason, and if he feels like he has not been treated correctly, he may contact the respective moderator -- and so may you.

Regarding finding loopholes in the rules, I will just quote this message from someone who knows what she/he is talking about.
"I try to avoid having 50 pages of essays become our "rules". That's generally counterproductive at some point as there is always someone who will find something that isn't explicitly forbidden in the rules."

Once again, I wasn't questioning the banishment itself (although the given reason was not valid, but w/e), but the way you see "toxicity" as a constant negative feedback but nothing about the way some admins deal and speak with their players. You're forgetting that the forum exists for the community and its users (including the staff with should serve the sake of community, not the "rules"), not the way around. This can revaluate your understanding of what is deceiving and what's not.
About the rules, it was you who tried to tell me, the server thread is always all fine, as long as it uses a proper template (like in the rules). That's not how it should work. The 'loophole' I've shown only to guide you to the essence.

Act like a mature person without insulting someone or their work constantly, and you should be good to go.
It really isn't that hard.

And when will a few servers' admins start acting mature? And I mean acting, not using "mature" words. This is the question I'm looking the answer for.

Last edited:
Locked thread.

It was not a silent ban, you got a notification, but they are easy to miss.

Staff has discussed this not long ago, all warnings will be offical warnings with PMs with or without points.
Makes it easier for the user and for us to track prev bans / warnings.

This ban was added before that and as I said you have around 6 days left on the ban.

If you want more info / help feel free to send me or another moderator a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back