• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Young Drum and Bass producer! Feedback!

Skylinx

Game Programmer
Reaction score
Hello guys

My name is Clokwerk

I'm a 17 year old DnB producer from Canada. I have been producing many genres such as hardstyle, dubstep, minimal dnb, techno.

I made this song a little while ago, and I wanted to hear some feedback. I really want to improve and keep working with my music This song is 100% original (except for the vocal samples of course)
I sort of had a big influence from Pendelum on this song

I use FL Studio 9, and some vst's I use are z3ta, Nexus, NI Massive, Circle, DSK Thor, surge and many more.

I hope you enjoy my song, and please give me some feedback! If you like my music, please check out my other songs, and tell your friends! Thanks

[video=youtube;VbwJVI1V7y0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbwJVI1V7y0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

I think you should do more with the tune, it's the same tune for the first 1:50 secs. For example use different chords for it. Now you just use filters (not sure) over the tune to make it hear different (at the end).

Some parts in the start of the song is sound-broken, prolly because you equalized a high bass to much or something. So on my headset it sounds fucked up and I avoid hearing the song because im afraid of it ruining my headset. (I listen to high music, if I have to tune down the volume because it may damage my headset at high volume, I rather not listen to it at all).

But it has the potential of a nice trance

Some parts in the start of the song is sound-broken, prolly because you equalized a high bass to much or something. So on my headset it sounds fucked up and I avoid hearing the song because im afraid of it ruining my headset. (I listen to high music, if I have to tune down the volume because it may damage my headset at high volume, I rather not listen to it at all).

But it has the potential of a nice trance

Ahh yes, I have heard this problem. Thanks for the feedback, this usually happens for headphones with my songs :S I think this is because the way I rendered the song on fl studio. It works fine for me on earphones, headphones and stuff, same with my friends. But my other friends Bose Headphones can't seem to take the bass properly. I still have yet to find out why

i kinda like it, better than alot of overrated bullsh1t

Thank you :) I have a new song out! http://youtube.com/MrTuneless

I am at school so I can't post the direct link right now but the song is called Rain. Please take a listen :)

Very good song, it's just missing some hard drops. It has very very much potential if you have a second look on it.

Moar depth and less echo. You have to use more sounds because now it's kinda simple but nice tho :>. You have plenty of samples so you can bind it to the song.
After some modifications it could be really awesome.

Check some stuff from Sub Focus.

Moar depth and less echo. You have to use more sounds because now it's kinda simple but nice tho :>. You have plenty of samples so you can bind it to the song.
After some modifications it could be really awesome.

Check some stuff from Sub Focus.

I love Sub Focus, he is my main inspiration!

Here is a new song I worked really hard it, it's ambient DnB :) Enjoy it

[video=youtube;eRnXCnR39Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnXCnR39Ck&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

@ All Tracks
Sounds Excellent on 1080p!
Like if you think it sounds better on 1080p!

@ Welcome LFE
Nice, I personally liked it, but it is like most say, the bass is clipping the sound and makes it sound broken, overall it's very good, like they say no one is born perfect and practice make a whole lot better! Keep at it!

@Rain
I like this better than the rest but the echo was too much for my taste, also I liked the Vocaloid! :p
Some of the sounds were either clipping due to bass or you were lowering the volume on some of the parts at the hit of the bass. I couldn't make that out. :/

@Relapse
I REALLY like this, it sounds like something that would belong in a DDR game(Insane Mode), the bass was nice I believe no one can argue about the bass clipping the track.

I hear this on a HDTV LCD Bravia, HDMI 720p High Quality Audio output.

@ All Tracks
Sounds Excellent on 1080p!
Like if you think it sounds better on 1080p!

@ Welcome LFE
Nice, I personally liked it, but it is like most say, the bass is clipping the sound and makes it sound broken, overall it's very good, like they say no one is born perfect and practice make a whole lot better! Keep at it!

@Rain
I like this better than the rest but the echo was too much for my taste, also I liked the Vocaloid! :p
Some of the sounds were either clipping due to bass or you were lowering the volume on some of the parts at the hit of the bass. I couldn't make that out. :/

@Relapse
I REALLY like this, it sounds like something that would belong in a DDR game(Insane Mode), the bass was nice I believe no one can argue about the bass clipping the track.

I hear this on a HDTV LCD Bravia, HDMI 720p High Quality Audio output.

Thank you very much :) I appreciate the feed back!

I made this one, I'll appreciate feedbacks.

[video=youtube;V5bYDhZBFLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYDhZBFLA[/video]

Back