• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Znote acc - Failed to connect

PinkyTheLinky

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm having some trouble with connecting to the website with Znote, I am following the tutorial on:

I am on this step:
-------------------------------
"Open config.lua with your preferred text editor and follow these steps:

1. Locate mysqlUser and change the value to "root", if necessary.
  2. Locate mysqlPass and change the value to the one you selected earlier.
  3. Locate mysqlDatabase and change the value to the one you chose in the second step of the previous section.
Once you are done, save and close the file.

Now it's time for you to open theforgottenserver.exe... Your server is now running!

Website (Znote AAC)

To create an account on your new server, we will need to set up a website. We will be using Znote AAC for this tutorial, which you can get here.

Extract the .zip file to your web directory (for example, "C:\UniServZ\www"), which should be empty. Enter the website (if your web directory is UniServZ's, you can do this by clicking "View www" in unicontroller) and wait for MySQL connection error. This will show you the rest of the instructions:

1. The first step is the one we already did when setting up the database.
  2. The second step tells you to run the given SQL queries in your database via phpMyAdmin.
  3. The third step asks you to modify config.php. Open it with your text editor and edit the following variables (at least):
    1. $config['ServerEngine'] with the correct TFS version you are running (TFS_02, TFS_03 or TFS_10).
    2. $config['sqlUser'] with your MySQL user (root).
    3. $config['sqlPassword'] with the MySQL password you chose.
    4. $config['sqlDatabase'] with the database name you chose.
You should now be able to connect to your website by typing to 127.0.0.1, localhost or your IP in your browser. Go ahead and create your account and character!"
-------------------------------

I did as instructed and when I connect it says:
------------------------------
Failed to connect to MySQL: (1045) Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Install:​

1. Make sure you have imported TFS database. (OTdir/schema.sql OR OTdir/schemas/mysql.sql OR OTdir/forgottenserver.sql)
  2. Import the Znote AAC schema to a TFS database in phpmyadmin.

3. Edit config.php with correct mysql connection details.

PinkyTheLinky said:
Locate mysqlUser and change the value to "root", if necessary.

Maybe you missunderstood this instruction. You must use the mysqlUser you select for your database when creating an "user account" in MySQL. I covered my usernames for this example, but where the red marks are, should be mentioned your database or "mysqlUser" name.
new user.png

Something like this will appear when you create a new user.
creating username.png

If you wish to follow an easier explaination, see this video and follow the instructions.

Back