• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Advice about server

no1

Reaction score
Hello folks, I write in order to get your advice.

I was thinkin about creating a medium exp, custom map server and want to know what do you think it should have (except nice and playable map - one large city, exps, possibly some smaller towns/villages to live in). Are teleports a must? I really hate that shit, because on medium-sized map it isn't that time-consuming to get to the exp and for me without them there is more fun because you have to explore the map, so basicly I wanted to know if anyone would play on serv (non-rpg) that hasn't got tp room etc.

Also any other kind of advice is welcome.

Regards,
No1

non rpg?
so just explore and grind without any quest?

than i say no,

if u add some quest, hell yes ^^

non rpg?
so just explore and grind without any quest?

than i say no,

if u add some quest, hell yes ^^
i think there will be quests.. but i guess they wont have stories.. xD
and maybe just chests + few mission type.

could be decent if it's not too large

Ofcourse there will be quests witch just monsters and a chest in the end, also I think later on there might be few quests with a stories, but those would be only serious ones, mostly for high lvls and powerfull rewards.

I think no tp's aint a bad idea when you'll have a city with a ship in the middle of the map and then some smaller towns (eg. one to the north and one to the south) also with a ships, so you can access all premises easily.

More comments?

A friendly advice:
Unfortunatly the OT community has changed alot within the last years. Sorry to tell you, but u wont get any players.
There are like ~20-30 custom server lovers out there, commentung on CUSTom rpg projects, making it looking like ur server could have access. When the server finally is run, maxbe the first day you get ~30 ppl, after a week in 90% of cases dropped to ~ 10ppl, after a month = server down :(
So why do the rlmapservers have more players if not seeming to be interested in any rlmap discussons? The rlmap players hardly reply to any developement thread, but unfortunatly are the big majority of players (70% of em are botting;20% botting semi afk, and 10% manual playing). I recently made a poll, who still plays OTS and who developes them and turned out we have more developers than players! A great number of 4 ppl voted for still playing , who are probaly the potential custom map players u could get. The rlmapplayers dont even bother to vote, so there are some more players, but none for ur buissness.

My advice:
Get on Unity,cryengine, or UDK and get smth to work where u got a bigger chance of success!

Kind Regards and Best of Luck,
//Damon :)

Back