• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alera 7.4 progress and test servers

Vee

Oldschool Tibia
Reaction score
Hello OTlanders,

It's been a while since the last post in my other thread, but now the time has almost come to open the server for a very first beta test.

This first beta test will be mainly focused on testing the map, game play and vocation balancement.

I will soon create an easy account creator that allows everyone to create a single character.
You're allowed to switch your vocation using this EAC, but your character will totally be reset to default values.

NPC's will be disabled during the test server, they will only reply with 'I am not allowed to talk to you yet'.

Runes can be obtained using a webapplication that allows the user to add backpacks of runes, manafluids and lifefluids.
You will get a decent set to explore with, however, I am sure the gamemasters will be kind enough to provide you with anything you'd like to test ;)

ETA of the very first test server: 11th August 2012

Few ingame screenshots:
10o06f6.png

21bq648.png

Current minimap of area I'm mapping:
wup2t4.jpg

People that participate in the test server will receive a special code which they can redeem when the actual server is online :)

Thanks for viewing this thread, we hope we still got your support after our lack of communication on the previous thread.

Regards,

Vee & Jeffry

If you see what he is up to now, you will be over whelmed.. its an extremely worked on server, people should try the test server.. I'm 100 % sure what he is doing has not even been thought about before, let alone done.

Well done, Vee.. can't wait for the test server!

Holy shit, nostalgia hard. I wanna play it already. Are there going to be custom combat systems?

but listen guys i saw several threads about custom and everyone is excited and such but when it's finally released nobody comes to play ...

kind regards jeffry

Because some people focus on making their servers so detailed they make it too hard and noone wants to play.

ETA still the same for the beta test?
and on beta test people in general don't play too long on it because its only a test and not the real thing.
but i will definetly try this out :)
<3 costum servers and <3 oldschool so this is the perfect server for me :D

Hehemidu

You need to wait, I'm experimenting with something. Trust me, it will make your patients worth it!

Trust me, that is not the main reason

exactly ond i saw some very good custom servers with great stuff for example your OT

with great quest things to think about but i quess the main problem is people dont know the map and they think its hard because with realmaps everyone knows where and what quest is been located

thats in my eyes the main reason custom ot's are doomed to fail!

kind regards

Yes that is one reason, another reason is that 99% of the old-school players are just out there for the war, when they have wared, they quit, and for the ones who stays and keep playing, they will get random killed by the ones who ended after finishing wars, and then when they got killed they will spread a bad rumor about the server saying it's filled with random pks etc etc

@ up : lol his server was one of the best oldschool costum maps i ever played on.
but people tend to lose there interest in the server as soon as a war is going on and people getting random killed when rune making or just when hunting, just for the supplies.

On topic: Plz tell me that the project is still going

Back
Top Bottom