• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alpha-Test Part 2 - Multiverse - Released **New Client**

Do you think you will play the below MMORPG?

• I will play the Alpha.

Votes: 45 59.2%
  • I prefer to wait for the Beta.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I will wait till the game is fully released.

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • I probably will not play this game.

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
Could you post the crash report on something like pastebin so I can read it?

Could you post the crash report on something like pastebin so I can read it?

I tried to go look at the crash report but it doesn't actually make a crash report. It tells you that it makes one, but there isn't one that I can find. :x

I tried to go look at the crash report but it doesn't actually make a crash report. It tells you that it makes one, but there isn't one that I can find. :x

Yea, the way the client runs everything is kind of self-contained, you won't be able to send us a crash report.

Can you let me know the following things:
  • What version of Windows are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)
  • Are you using 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?
  • Are you able to open the Otclient for other servers? Or have you played any other servers using OTClient?

So another day, another layer of hot dogs to bring.

- Increasing your deposit box doesn't work at certain intervals, that or it just suits itself and sometimes bugs out, eg I paid the first 3 times & it upgraded by box to 1500, but then when I purchased to upgrade it to 2000 & 2500, it got stuck & stayed at 1500, then I upgraded it 2 more times & it decided to bounce upto 2500, now it's stuck again after 2 upgrades at 2500
14:52 Muzir: Your depot has been upgraded to now hold 3500 capacity.
Added 157.00 weight to depot. Current/Max: 1281.00/2500.0000

- Upgrading the cooldown of a spell at the spellforge makes literally no sense, I think you meant to decrease it but I just increased the cooldown of my Haste spell from 13 seconds to 16.
- Because of how you've made upgrading, upgrading an items highest value is the smartest route to take because everything that's upgradable works off of percentages, therfore 2handed weapons & spells that do damage into the 100-200s will become significantly stronger than any 1 handed weapon as their base value is normally below the 100s. The highest increase rate "Expert Forge" increases the stat by 20%, that's huge on an item with a base value of over 200, that's an increase of 40 damage(Yes I did notice the MinDamage decreases if you increase MaxDamage & vice versa), that means increasing a 1 handed weapon with a base damage of 80 only gives a bump of 16 damage.
With that said, it works the same with gear, people will choose a main stat preferably Health/Mana because the values for those are normally found in the 200+ range, low stats like speed-defence-armor will not be upgraded as the actual viability of increasing Mana & Health outways the small increases to the other stats.

- Ace & I were in the Royal Door, with the puzzle & a Gargoyle Hammer spawned ontop of us, I think it deleted the puzzle, as both disapeared.
- We stole items & sold them back to general store (I think this is known).
- Wtf does a sturdy key do in comparison to the other keys.
- My haste spellbook sometimes fails to apply the Haste Buff.

- Can you redo the randomization on the new characters, so I can check out other cool stuff- I recently looted a shield & that shit makes playing melee so much more viable, it's cool even on a mage.

Example of the item changes

Old
~Arm[11]~
~maxHP[392]~

New - Increasing Health Once & Arm Once, the increase in armor gave me 1 point, where as the increase in health just seems worth more.

~Arm[12]~
~maxHP[418]~

Though, without knowing what benefits Defence & Armor actually give (even 1 point), there's no way I can truely tell if the 1 Armor, is worth more than the 20 Health. Just having that extra 1 - 2 Armor, = a greater benefit than having the 20-40 hp.

"Depot Doesn't Update Sometimes"
The Depot currently is bugged so it only updates after you log out.

"Upgrading Cooldown actually increases Cooldown"
That is a pretty big issue. I will look into it.

"Percent Based Upgrading makes higher numbers the only option when upgrading"
This is "kind of" true. If you are talking about weapons minAttack, maxAttack, and attackspeed. Not really.
For example,
  • *A dagger might attack once every second for 50 damage. (50 damage per second)
  • *A bow might attack once every 5 seconds for 250 damage (50 damage per second)
  • If you increase the damage of each of these by 100%.
  • *A dagger now attacks once every second for 100 damage (100 damage per second)
  • *A bow now attacks once every 5 seconds for 500 damage (100 damage per second)
  • Increasing them by percent is exactly the same.
Now, if you are talking about other stats on items, you are correct.
For example:
  • Heavy Items get a bonus to Defensive Stats on them. So a Heavy Shield might have +600 maxHealth
  • Light Items get a bonus to Offensive and Support Stats on them, (no bonus to defensive stats). So a Light Armor might have +300 health.
  • If you went and increased both of these by 100%. Heavy Shield would have 1200 maxHealth and Light Armor would have 600.
  • But if instead, you equipped a Heavy Armor, that also gets a bonus to Defense, it would also have +600 maxHealth.
  • Then increasing both would give you +600 for Heavy Shield, and +600 for Heavy Armor.
The reason this is ok, is because you may want other stats on your items.
For example:
  • You might want the Heavy Shield because it has access to the Spell "Thorn Barrier" - While barrier is active, 20% of all damage taken is reflected.
  • But, you might equip Light Armors, so you can get bonus Mana and Focus, so you can continue to cast Thorn Barrier for a longer period of time.
It is all about character customization.

"Increasing Health/Mana is better than increasing armor/speed/defense because they have higher numbers"
Not at all.
  • Armor blocks a random number from 0-ArmorValue each time you are hit.
  • Speed increases your movement speed. (Always important)
  • Defense increases the amount of damage you can block with your shield.
All of the above are better than health in certain situations. Even if health has a higher flat amount.
Also, percentages is the best way to go, because if lets say 5 armor is comparable to 200 maxHealth, if you increase both by 100%, you get double the armor, and double the health. So it is fair.

"Ace & I were in the Royal Door, with the puzzle & a Gargoyle Hammer spawned ontop of us, I think it deleted the puzzle, as both disapeared."
This is a known bug. In the future, monsters will not spawn behind the Royal Door.

"We stole items & sold them back to general store (I think this is known)."
This is a known issue. Fixing the criminal system will be both very difficult, but also very fun once it is done.

"Wtf does a sturdy key do in comparison to the other keys."
It has more durability than the other keys. (You can use it more times)

"My haste spellbook sometimes fails to apply the Haste Buff."

I will look into it.

Yea, the way the client runs everything is kind of self-contained, you won't be able to send us a crash report.

Can you let me know the following things:
  • What version of Windows are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)
  • Are you using 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?
  • Are you able to open the Otclient for other servers? Or have you played any other servers using OTClient?

Windows 7
64 bit
Yeah I've never had a problem before with any others servers.

Patience is key.
Patience is key.
Patience is key.

Haha, Still a work in progress. Right now I am working on the NPCs.

Designing a new and complex NPC system from the ground up is almost complete and is going to allow for a lot of interesting and fun gameplay.

The most fun custom server. In case you didn't vote, here's a chance. I am assuming he's still working on it.

Back