• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AragonRPG Mapping Thread

Probably because I havent fully detailed everything yet; Im trying to get everything ready to place npcs and work out a story line for each place and detail it correctly.. things are coming along.

It looks nice, but in the farmers house it lacks some details and the orangish-brownish sand would look better if it was a secondary border: the borders not being on top of the grass, sand, and dirt

Took your suggestion kinda, and revamped it a little bit to make it cleaner and a little more detailed. Check it out :)

1stfloore.png

2ndfloor.png

He just removed me as a friend because i didn't give him that and please remove my name from this.

Looks good but, I would add more tufts and use less of the thick grass borders. Throw in small grass borders and mix em.

Not that its your business, but he was removed from the team about 3-4 months ago. I stopped talking to him when he started playing sketchy and just kind of using me for help and showing nothing in return; then brags about the map he got, I asked if I could use a few pieces if its good, then out of no where after 3 minutes of straight talking back and fourth he says "Im in a game of league of legends, Ill see".. even though he just got the link, etc.. but its all good now. Its just me working on the project, I cant change the name of the thread because its been changed to many times already so it wont change the name you see back at the list of threads for mapping show off.

@Dark199, I just finished adding a bunch of turfs (there were none before) so its looking alot nicer, and Ill take your advice on the thick border some places, and normal border elsewhere, I do that sometimes as it.. I just need to do it a bit more.

~First 2 leveling areas complete, 2 more areas to complete before BETA RELEASE!~

Last edited:
19:31 Your quest log has been updated.
19:32 Congratulations, you've completed the starting quest.

~Doggynub is now the official scripter of Aragon and he is helping the quests come to life! Pictures coming very soon, Beta releases on the 24th of August; Stay tuned!

2e2l4d4.jpg

Minimap update, Aragon Beta is almost ready! As you can see I'm working from the south-west to the north east. Working from the start of the quest line, to the end; everything you see mapped basically will have something to do with a quest. I've been doing alot of writing for the story line; using some real life historical war stories to help me with ideas and how the rulers of aragon came to be. Its getting quite deep, I hope alot of people will read this; because its going to be a juicy story!

Stay tuned for more updates, in-games coming soon; it's starting to look pretty good in starting areas to give you guys some close up pics.

New little goblin bar idea, it also poses as a strip club in some sense; I made a stage; etc.. goblin's gotta make money too! No matter how ugly they are, when your desperate.. Gren'Dwellers Cavern of pleasures will do the trick for you. TROLOLO!

Idea for side quest: There seems to be a government official that comes here once a week; he seems to be working for evil forces, you need to talk to the owner of the cavern to find out which day he comes by.. you may have to do a quest for him first. But talking to the government official will definitely be a fun side quest.. he may lead you onto the path to fight something evil.

Hmm, what could be in there..
4sn29k.png

Well then,
34jdmyt.png

Are you serious..
2qnazia.png

Well, maybe if I was drunk,
xbuhv.png

;D More RPG pictures coming soon!

Until then, take a look at the BETA minimap:
o597it.jpg

(Updated FULL MINIMAP on first post)

P.S. - I'd love to see some comments, give me some feedback!

Last edited:
Is it really that bad? Luls, more pictures coming soon when I get a comment from someone about the previous pictures.

p.s. - I can see people viewing the thread than just leaving, How rude. I want feedback before I post more!

Last edited:
Lol, I didnt really care much to show the ambiance; just showing the little idea I had. But thanks for suggesting it.

Starting to finish up the areas in the beta; Fengorn Mines is going to be one hell of an adventure!

Entrance:
76366729.png

Leading down into the mines/caves:
42077489.png

More previews coming soon..

and remember; the pictures you see are NOT finished pieces of work. But it has been awhile since I posted, so keep it constructive with the comments, possibly give me some ideas for the mines that I could incorporate.

-Extrodus

Last edited:
I agree with u Mini-Map looks awesome but in-game screens
looks nice ;)

Last edited:
Due to the beta almost being finished, lets get a teaser going..

Aragon Sneak Peak:

As you begin your journey into Argonia, you find yourself waking up in a cozy bed..

comah.png

Is there someone here, hello?
charollete1.png

I don't even know who you are, where am I?
charollete2.png

As the player gets more information about his/her surroundings and whats happened, they are subjected to a shock therapy session to make sure the player is ready to return to battle.
In this case, the player has to attack target dummies and do a task for a local npc.
Once they finish this, they are to check in with General Sully; the military commander for the city.

Unlocking the town!
unlockb.png

Once the player leaves the medical center, they greet General Sully

sully1.png

From here on the player learns of a strange energy being casted on the town from a mountain to the west.
Before returning to Argonith, you embark on a journey to figure out who is casting this spell, and why.

Beta Mini-Map:
o597it.jpg

Full Mini-Map (uncompleted of course):
http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9ecf5.jpg

Spoiler End (for now)

I also started a discussion thread where you can get a preview of the systems that will be in place on the server when it is online. Check my signature for more details.

Enjoy!

Back