• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why people should avoid using mountain borders directly over grass.

-HHEjK.png

Thanks for the comment (if you were talking about my piece). Although I don't think that you're the one who should determine what's suitable or not. I appreciate the comment - though I already knew that concept, and as mentioned by no1; in the scenario that I built, it does fit in, i m o.

Also I'm going to refer to your mapping thread.
http://otland.net/f57/arkshis-mappings-160261/#post1542487
http://otland.net/f57/arkshis-mappings-160261/index2.html#post1579061
http://otland.net/f57/arkshis-mappings-160261/index4.html#post1599118

This is why people should avoid using grass tuffs directly over plants and stones.

11vjfkg.png
          
20hk5f8.png

No, projsa, I wasn't talking about your piece. If I were, I would either mention your name or quote your post.

Also I'm going to refer to your mapping thread.
[...]
This is why people should avoid using grass tuffs directly over plants and stones.

Looking at the example you have posted, I'm afraid you missed the whole concept of my grass tuff placement:

Jp19j_.png

As you can see, they can be used as growing vegetation and also makes stones and other objects to "blend" with the grass.

EMuOBLI.png

Your example completely misses the concept. It seems you have just thrown a bunch of grass tufts over trees/stones randomly.

Moreover, you have referred to my mapping works from 6 months ago. I can tell you my abilities today are not the same and a lot would have been different if I had made those maps now.

No, projsa, I wasn't talking about your piece. If I were, I would either mention your name or quote your post.

So which piece were you talking about? You commented right after mine, and I don't see any other pieces that has mountain directly over grass.

Your example completely misses the concept. It seems you have just thrown a bunch of grass tufts over trees/stones randomly.

You completely missed my concept too. If I were to follow your concept about the mountain over grass, it would look awful (for that place I did). It wouldn't be cozy, and especially it wouldn't be as I wanted it to. Now your concept might be a bit strange, but if you like having grass tuffs over plants and stones, fine.

But let me tell you this: if you have such a strange concept, then why would you say that my piece (I know you actually was talking about my piece) would loo... nevermind... I'm just going to go map now instead of continue this conversation. Again, thanks for your comment.

You completely missed my concept too. If I were to follow your concept about the mountain over grass, it would look awful (for that place I did). It wouldn't be cozy, and especially it wouldn't be as I wanted it to. Now your concept might be a bit strange, but if you like having grass tuffs over plants and stones, fine.

But let me tell you this: if you have such a strange concept, then why would you say that my piece (I know you actually was talking about my piece) would loo... nevermind... I'm just going to go map now instead of continue this conversation. Again, thanks for your comment.

Believe me or not, I had my mountain border comparison done before I even opened this thread today. I also think it wouldn't look very well if used with your map - my comparison depicted a rather open mountain environment.

Anyway, I'm sorry my post caused all that. But you didn't have to link my old mapping thread just because you assumed my post was directed towards you, which was never my intention. :(

any suggestions for the roof? I didn't like this way ):
----
35174714.png

Maybe I'll start studying up on Mapping... I've always just made maps for function, never as art. (I'm a Scripter)

Guess the hardest part would be making it look good AND be functional with all my complex bullshit that I put in.

Edit:
Anyone have a advanced mapping tutorial suggestion?

A long time ago without mapping and this is what I come with..
It's a temple, use your logic and imagine that the Magic Tree is the Oracle of that city, hmm.. like an Ab'dendriel city
Hope you like..

dd0tiv.jpg

Between, I'm not happy at all with this "temple" so.. If you give me some advices it will be nice :)

@up I dislike the hige amout of big trees :(

For my little Fun project.

Dummys: tried something new ;)

dm2l2p.png

Not 100% Happy with bordering

The middle water fall/river/creek thing doesn't have the animation before the drawbridge tiles showing it rushing underneath it. Bugged me ^_^

Otherwise looks pretty badass.

Hi. I tried to make a cool fire/lava place. Feedback is appreciated a lot.

Pic. 1.
2hpq175.png

Pic. 2.
16lb611.png

Pic. 3.
oirrly.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back