• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
this maps okay but when i saw the screenshot i wasn't expecting to see neons name as the poster, and i dislike the architecture
You're fucking joking. I think that the architecture is pretty basic but nonetheless great, perhaps it could do with some details and I think it's obviously not finished.

You dislike the architecture? Wtf xD

Really man?... I mean, really?

oi95jc.jpg

2w23fo6.jpg
Hahahaha. That's funny. However, since when someone needs to be a good mapper to give an honest appreciation?

@Neon, is it really so terrible to recieve a negative feedback? .. the legend can't take it?

He can give an honest opinion, but since I have mapped like 8 years, I know how to work with the mapeditor. This guy has obv mapped for like 1 day?
And he is gonna "teach" me how to map? Dont think so... And I can take negative feedback, but I KNOW for a fact that the piece is good, which he clearly doesn't. Ask any other GOOD mapper.

Last edited:
He can give an honest opinion, but since I have mapped like 8 years, I know how to work with the mapeditor. This guy has obv mapped for like 1 day?
And he is gonna "teach" me how to map? Dont think so... And I can take negative feedback, but I KNOW for a fact that the piece is good, which he clearly doesn't. Ask any other GOOD mapper.

well since you know for a "fact" that you're the best mapper ever created, then i guess i stand corrected.

~i still don't like it~

and you demanding that it's good isn't going to make me lol. it's not a personal insult, you chicken nugget, i just don't like that piece

I understand completly, but by seeing your mapping, I can see that you clearly don't understand what good mapping look like. Cheers my man.

And no, I dont consider myself the best mapper ever "(Created)"? I see alot of people with the same amount of skill that I have. Just with other styles...

examples are, Macedoon, Chauz, Darklord, Amaru... I probably forgot alot of other mappers, I do apologize for that... But these are my favourites...

i've mapped for several servers over about a decade, of which were played and complimented by hundreds of players, i don't really care if you like my maps or not, they did/do. i guess they don't know anything about what good maps look like either.

I have to agree with @Neon with this, especially when you see his mapping is art, you can say mine cooking skills is shit, but you can't say it if you don't even recognize good cooking at all for example..

What i know as hoster for a few times, it doesn't matter how you map they always kiss ya ass sayings its super duper awesome with small letters saying can i be cm?
Besides that i think neon can better judge a map then random players does because of experience and work for long period

You can't take for a fact that your own piece of "art", as other like to refer to it, is good. Your own look on your own piece will always be subjective to some extend. The fact that he pointed out the architecture was not in his taste ( btw, i agree with him. the castle looks a bit weird, doesn't look practical to me) and your reaction to him made you look like you can't take negative feedback at all.
Now, I don't know if Vaka's maps and how many people played on them or how good they were but he "obv" spent some time on mapping and it really isn't rocket fucking science to create a good looking map. The fact that you like to boast of your skill in mapping doesn't really make you look any better.

You can't take for a fact that your own piece of "art", as other like to refer to it, is good. Your own look on your own piece will always be subjective to some extend. The fact that he pointed out the architecture was not in his taste ( btw, i agree with him. the castle looks a bit weird, doesn't look practical to me) and your reaction to him made you look like you can't take negative feedback at all.
Now, I don't know if Vaka's maps and how many people played on them or how good they were but he "obv" spent some time on mapping and it really isn't rocket fucking science to create a good looking map. The fact that you like to boast of your skill in mapping doesn't really make you look any better.

I agree in some of what you say, but lets get something clear here. Neon is an extraordinary mapper. Maybe one of the best there is. When you say "subjective to some extend" you are in some degree right, but when the perspective of the grand mayority is the same, that means there is a collective agreement of what the truth is. That truth is that Neon is one of the best mappers of Otland. If people can't see it, maybe something weird is happening inside their brains.

Making that point clear, then we can say that Neon due to his experience, number of posts, maps exposed. He has proven the community that he knows what he is talking about. In the other hand, you @sokku and you @Vaka have no solid background in the community. No one will believe or take notice of what you have to say. That's the truth.

If people want to critic, they should have a reason to do so, and they should share it, so we can all improve. If there is no reason underpinning the critic, what's the real purpose of that post?

Btw, who are you?? .. lol.

Last edited:
You guys should really invest more time in mapping than in blaming each other.
Noone of us is a perfect mapper, neither neon nor anyone else but I am sure he is one of our best.
If you guys don't like how he (or any other) manages some details or stuff, just tell him what to improve. (everyone should get a nice and fair feedback)
The way you act is just like... kindergarten, to be honest.

Just... go on mapping guys...

Ok, let's do this..

I would like to start with saying that I will analyse these objectively and from mostly an architectural view, but also a little bit of the structural part.

Starting with Neon's Image:
If we first look at the structural stability of the building I don't see many flaws. It might be debatable whether the pillars have any load bearing function or not, but since it's for architecture they do look nice. Planning bedrooms close to the officer's dining area is also a good idea. Since then they won't have to walk too far. Also, the long, straight corridors give room for easy navigation through the structure.
Now, let's see to how practical it is. First of all, it is a snowy climate and I see a lot of open archways, it's gonna get freezing in there, so we do have a problem with that.
As to the integrity as a keep, the big open room with the carpet in it might make the defence towers obsolete since attackers can just run right in there.
So.. overall not that bad, if we don't consider the different taste people have in what they like.

Now Vaka's 1st picture:
can't really see much of the building, though we can see that it is on fire. can the structure withstand that? Else it's a design flaw and the building won't last long. Also, those wooden pillars that you hang your skeletons in are possibly to close to the lava and fire and might catch fire really fast.

Vaka's 2nd picture:
Here we have a little bit more architecture. That tower to the north west looks solid and the red stones add to the mystery of it.
The central building on the other hand has a few problems to it. First of all, crystal pillars tend to not sustain the weight for long term and should have something else to help them hold the structure. The ice block walls will surely melt in this climate (I guess it's warmer than 0 Celsius since there's no ice anywhere else). That building will collapse over time when the crystal pillars give in.
As to the southern building which looks more like a couple of ruined walls with bamboo in some holes. The roof ain't complete and if the walls are exposed to wind they will fall since there's no more supports than the other wall and they only consist of archways.
Don't get me started on the southern west building, ultimate problem with moisture and fungal diseases will make even the stones rot away in short term.

I would like to end my analyse of the images with asking you to stop this useless conversation about tibian architecture. It's like you're all trying to be trolls but won't even achieve to make it funny.
So stop with this fucking boring conversation about a ridiculous matter and post some god damn mapping pieces of YOUR OWN (looking at you purple cow).

With that said, if you want your piece analysed, just tell me ;)

Sincerely,
Mackan™

the way i see it, it's either
1. you love neon and every map he makes

2. you dislike one of his maps, and you are a bad mapper and a disgrace to the mapping world.

so in other words, we're not allowed to have an opinion?

@ mackan - haha i like that you went into such detail of the maps, so accurate too lol. i will take what you said into consideration ^.^

enuff of that topic. here's a house i made a few years ago in my london map, i dont think i posted screenshots from it, but i rly like this little house, dunno why

iggl80.jpg

yeah i know, spammage, etc xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom