• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bandwidth Problem

Shockah

Reaction score
Basically someone is stealing all the bandwidth and have been on and off for a few weeks now, and as you can imagine it is really annoying. I was wondering if there was an easy solution to find out who is doing it however I don't have access to the router login and won't be able to get on anyone elses computer either. If there is a program or something that can help then please let me know.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

If you can't access your modem/gateway whatever you want to call it then your wifi/internet has been cracked and they changed the admin properties on your modem. My best bet is to reset it to default settings, get on it asap, change default admin acc name/pass change wifi from WEP to WPA2 and make a good code and disable your SSID once you've connected. Best way to keep people from stealing your internets (Source: CISCO knowledge and personal knowledge from cracking WEP codes). Unless you are using cable, then it's a shared bandwidth (even though you pay for your own line).

Sorry, probably should of explained it more... My brother is the one who set it up since he bought the router so he just wont give me access to it, he's stingy like that. Right as i'm posting this he's most likely in bed and it's fine same as when i'm awake before him so i'm pretty sure he's the culprit but I just cant prove it although he denies it. I'm going to look into it abit deeper, i'm glad I don't play tibia anymore otherwise i'd be pretty fucked from the lag.

Thanks for the reply though.

If you can't access your modem/gateway whatever you want to call it then your wifi/internet has been cracked and they changed the admin properties on your modem. My best bet is to reset it to default settings, get on it asap, change default admin acc name/pass change wifi from WEP to WPA2 and make a good code and disable your SSID once you've connected. Best way to keep people from stealing your internets (Source: CISCO knowledge and personal knowledge from cracking WEP codes). Unless you are using cable, then it's a shared bandwidth (even though you pay for your own line).

Retarded.

OP clearly stated that the router wasn't hacked. Yet walkingdragon said it was.

I did say that it was but he didn't give me any info on who was in the router, when I hear someone having a problem with their router and not being able to access the modem then I instantly think "hacked". Why? Because I had a lack of info on who had access to the computer and hacking into someone's WEP security is EASY. Thus why I said what I said and I'd love to hear your solution. I have not called you a jew (I know someone else might have) but I personally would like to hear your solution to this problem.

I did say that it was but he didn't give me any info on who was in the router, when I hear someone having a problem with their router and not being able to access the modem then I instantly think "hacked". Why? Because I had a lack of info on who had access to the computer and hacking into someone's WEP security is EASY. Thus why I said what I said and I'd love to hear your solution. I have not called you a jew (I know someone else might have) but I personally would like to hear your solution to this problem.

You do realize that bruteforcing a password isn't on par with hacking?

Back