• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Botters on Open Tibia

Do you want botters in the Open Tibia server you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Identity

Reaction score
Hello readers,

I wonder what you guys think of botting on Open Tibia servers?
I know a lot if not all servers got botters on them but what do you think of a server which constandly checks for botters and fights against it?
Is it worth playing there for you? Or do you rather play with botters?
Please vote to give me a good view of what people want in a OT..

The reason for asking is that I play on Sunzai - OT and the new set of rules are that people may NOT use a bot anymore.. Some disagree but most agree with the new rules.. I signed for them as well and I wondered what the OTLand community thought of it..

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think I would rather play with botters on Open-tibia, it gives you someone to kill for one thing, also bumps up the servers player count list so that could possibly draw more active players to the server making it a bit more popular. The only bots that annoy me more often than not are when people use them in PVP e.g auto healing, combo sd and so forth.

So overall, botter's bring both disadvantages to a server and advantages.

I'll pretty much will never play a server that allows botting, no matter how good or how many players. Botting is completely unfair for those who don't bot like me. I see botters as lazy people who can't do it yourself and it takes away the fun of doing it yourself and takes no skill so please don't think/call yourself good if you use a bot. If someone bots I won't have respect for them and it's sad because I've seen servers that would of been awesome to play but filled with botters, example Deathzot. As Peroxide said, the only good thing I see about botters is it could possibly draw more players but honestly I would rather have a server with few but true players rather than a ton of botters. It's not like most people care now a days anyway, almost everyone is money hungry and will do anything to get more of it. I hate any kind of botters, pvp botters, cavehunting botters, and trainning botters all are unfair and stupid. It seems that OT's are letting more and more people bot and once it becomes bad enough i'll probably quit tibia. The only servers I would play that allow botting is ones where playing manually has a way bigger advantage than botting, otherwise if a server allows botting I won't play it.

Botting makes you weak, tibia is an interactive games where you are suppose to use your skills. But then again i consider anyone who uses cip client bot a botter too :S

lets get real, in the server I play, no, in the server I own, yes, players are players and donations are welcome even from botters :D

In my opinion, "botting" is among one of the worst things to happen to Tibia and OpenTibia. Look what happened when ElfBot discontinued: OpenTibia nearly seized to exist beyond client 8.60 for a very long time, and is barely recovering today. Also, look what happened to Tibia when NeoBot was discontinued: the first few months there were about 10,000 less players online, and it is barely recovering to what it was before. So, no. I do not want "botters" in any server I play or host. But we have to face reality: if there's a will, there's a way. One way or another, there will be "botters" (aka. cheaters).

However, I feel (in OpenTibia) it is tolerable up to a certain point. But when it gets out of hand, punitive action is necessary.

Last edited:
Botting should never be accepted, allowed or be possible.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Botting requires too much skill, heal yourself with bot, gain levels with bot, what exactly do you do yourself, where is the fun? That's like the cheap way of buying an account.

Honestly? I just started using bot on an OT, but I only use it to skill when I'm afk, above that, I heal myself, I lvl myself and I interact with everything manually, I've disliked botting but you have to admit, for things like skilling while your asleep, it has it's uses..

When an OT sucks so much that it's all about running around killing something for no reason bot is okey.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus that you always can kill them ;)

I want to say, playing on open tibia is for total bored people, as botting. If I want to play on ots, I go make own, and I have satisfaction all time, money and baning botters, and playing on own map counting zero. If I cannot make own server, I play on good RPG, where is a lot of botters and will be low exp, effect as real tibia within othr map. I am killing all botters and own the server. On ots will be a lot of botters, as you can see It is XXI century.

Back