• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia for busy people

There are two types of progress in games.

The first is the player ability to play with their own skills. Think of counter strike, that the only way to beat someone is getting skills with weapons, the weapon will be the same for everyone, but the person who holds it that will change. Super Mario is other example, because you need to learn well how to play to pass through the game, but the same physics applies to everyone.

The second is the avatar 'ability', or level, that make the character stronger, reproducing a fake idea of getting stronger. The second way is totally accepted and valid to the experience of the player, it is just a way to modelling something that is not avaiable in the game. Think about fifa (just for this example), if you get barcelona team you will have a better performance without learn anything, just because the characters have better velocities, aiming and resistance.

Also, if you consideer the experience in the gameplay and the learn through the game as a progress, then there it is! Of course this is not the main focous on RPG games, mainly because these games started as a book games, only with dice and imagination. But get Zelda, this game is a good example of a balanced gameplay that have both of these progress. You get new weapons and learn new abilities and also you get better swords and more piece of hearts.

I think the most important thing in a game is to have fun. But this is only my opinion.

Sorry for the long post
Yes, as I said, when I mean progress we are talking about MMORPG and specifically the character progression towards becoming stronger or torwards an objective.
I play Counter-Strike competitively so yes I understand, what you mean is just individual skill, which exists for any game, but thats not the concept of progress in MMORPG we reference when we say "progress". Learning the game and getting better a it is a completely different thing (you can call it skill / knowledge / learning curve / whatever).

You have stated some obvious (to some) stuff, which you are right about, but you didn't answer my question. Your OT is not CS, it is allegedly a mmorpg, and its inherent to the MMORPG genre to exist some sort of character progress (level, strength, whatever). I can't see a MMORPG where you don't have this concept, thats my questioning. (so, unless it is NOT an mmorpg, I can't see how there would not be levels)

Add some idle mechanics that take 1-2hrs to set up and make them daily. As an example for 7.4 real tibia it could look something like this

set up automated rune making inside your house but first you must gather materials for it but that shouldnt take a very long time and can be farmed any time
require some "getting ready" phase that takes time so you initiate the idle maker but after some time you must interact with it again to start it, this will encourage people to play or otherwise interact with your game while they wait
make it take 20-22 hours but to supply 30-60 mins worth of runes
allow it to scale so it's always relevant, but make the scaling tied to player level and/or quests so they cant just have a 100% idle experience and must actively play to level this up

I havent thought about this very much, it's just an example of how someone with only 1 or 2 hours per day can still be competitive. He will always have enough runes to go and powergame so long as he plays for an hour or 2 every day setting it up

Back