• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS simple tutorial for beginners

You cant compile a x64 on x86. Get a x64 OS to compile in x64, or just compile in x86

But I want to compile TFS 1.0 in 32-bit not in X64.
How can I compile in 32bit on windows 32bit.

A big hug and be with God!

But I want to compile TFS 1.0 in 32-bit not in X64.
How can I compile in 32bit on windows 32bit.

A big hug and be with God!

Select config to Release - x32. This should be under the solution explorer.

3ncwIuW.png

I did as told and still shows the same error.

The only thing I can think of that is happening is that the includes are for x64 only, but I don't know. Send me a pm with the source and I'll try to compile it, I cant promise anything though.

Good tutorial! But i get this error, could someone tell me what it is?
1> weapons.cpp
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'kernel32.lib'
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to compile TFS sources for compatibility with 7.7 tibia clients? while using this tutorial as a reference

Hey, i'm having the following errors:

Code:
'int32_t round(float)' : overloaded function differs only by return type from 'float round(float) throw()'
in combat.cpp file
and
'round' : redefinition; different basic types
also in combat.cpp file

What should I do?

"Error 1 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Users\Angry\Desktop\OpenTibia\VC.obj' C:\Users\Angry\Desktop\OpenTibia\forgottenserver-master\vc12\LINK theforgottenserver"

Anyone know why it would be looking in my OpenTibia folder (contains VC folder) for a VC.obj? What did I mess up to cause this?

I still get the same error. "Error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.../OpenTibia/VC.obj'" I just don't understand why it would be even looking for such a file.

Are you trying to build TFS 1.0? Are you using MSVC 2013?

Are you trying to build TFS 1.0? Are you using MSVC 2013?
Yes. MSVC 2013 Professional and the source code from your link.

Edit:
I changed to the correct configuration (it showed it was correct in one spot, but in another it was still debug|32). Now it gives a wierd ass error:

"
Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAAEBVerror_category@12@XZ) C:\Users\Angry\Desktop\OpenTibia\forgottenserver-master\vc12\connection.obj theforgottenserver"

I'm going to try redownloading all boost related stuff and see if that helps.

Edit: Nope, Redownloaded all of Boost, TFS SDK, everything still get that new error above. The error appears after it compiles everything (well most everything I guess).

Edit:
So, I got it working finally:
"========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="
Yay! I think it was the redownload of boost that fixed it, I just didn't realize that when I replaced it it was nested in another folder boost/boost/... which caused the latest problem.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I just compilled for linux64 and aftar that set up all my data. I copied the data folder to the same folder as the server binary with also the config.lua(with the database config) and the schema.sql. after apply the schema to my new database, it was clean, with no data. only the tables.
I inserted a row on accounts table with name "test" and the sha1 hash for "test".
Now when i try to connect with tibia client (8.60, also the version that the server was compilled for) the client crashs with a critical error and with yatc, the client freezes on the "connecting with login server" modal.
What i'm a missing here?

I just compilled for linux64 and aftar that set up all my data. I copied the data folder to the same folder as the server binary with also the config.lua(with the database config) and the schema.sql. after apply the schema to my new database, it was clean, with no data. only the tables.
I inserted a row on accounts table with name "test" and the sha1 hash for "test".
Now when i try to connect with tibia client (8.60, also the version that the server was compilled for) the client crashs with a critical error and with yatc, the client freezes on the "connecting with login server" modal.
What i'm a missing here?
you forgot to tell us which tfs you compiled

Back