• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Debate: Gun Control

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Obviously this debate was brought up in the light of the recent massacre that occurred on Friday in Connecticut, USA.
Adam Lanza, 20, shot his mother in the face, took her guns and went to an elementary school nearby and killed 20 children and 6 adults.
The amount of massacres with guns in the US has been rising lately.

So, now our country is back into the whole highly controversial gun control debate.
In the United States, we have an amendment in the Constitution that allows us the Right to Bear Arms.
The amendment was made because it allowed the citizens to defend themselves from the US Government and other bad guys.

Do you believe guns should be banned? Why or why not?

26 ppl killed? bitch please, i live in Venezuela, here around 50-100~ every weekend, please make thread if Chavez (the president of my country) should be banned or not. No, the shooter not the gun, if im crazy and i want to kill 20 ppl i can do it with my car, so u go ban cars too?

'merica! They definitely need to rethink this. But I mean, I live in a somewhat peaceful country, never moving to the USA though.

it's sad man, I think they should apply gun control and try to keep the youth away from weapons because obviously, some of them are mental.

People are still going to kill each other whether fire arms are banned or not (especially in cases like this one). Banning fire arms will more than likely lower the number of fatalities per incident, but it's still just a patch. It's not fixing the real problems. But consider this; you ban weapons... now what? How do you go about picking people's weapons? Knowing how fond of fire arms Americans are, I really doubt they'd just, y'kno, hand them over. I'd say, the best the US can do at this moment is educate people in a peaceful and responsible manner, more inclusion and less exclusion kind of thing. Then maybe they can do something about it.

Last edited:
26 ppl killed? bitch please, i live in Venezuela, here around 50-100~ every weekend, please make thread if Chavez (the president of my country) should be banned or not. No, the shooter not the gun, if im crazy and i want to kill 20 ppl i can do it with my car, so u go ban cars too?

There's a big difference between drug dealers and 6-10 year old kids, if we're talking about the amount of people killed per day/week, check Mexico.

Australia did it not all that long ago -- it was a buyback program.
Some states of America also offered a voluntary buy back program, it was successful untill funding ran out. (Gun buyback program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
It has never been suggested that tighter gun control would be an overnight solution, but it is certainly a move in the right direction.

I agree with what Migxxx said in regard to incidents similar still occuring wether firearms are banned or not, but the number of fatalities per incident would decrease and so would the frequency of incidents. In time. Australia has proven it.

Gun control? I disprove, actually if everyone was in possession of a gun people would be scared to attempt such action because they'd know they can potentially get shot as well, unless that's someone with suicidal tendencies.

Oh, also:
> Obama pretends to care about all those who died.
> Meanwhile he's responsible for many other deaths that nobody makes drama about.

Well played, actor.

Actually, disregard this post.

There's a big difference between drug dealers and 6-10 year old kids, if we're talking about the amount of people killed per day/week, check Mexico.

There's none, people are people.

Australia did it not all that long ago -- it was a buyback program.
Some states of America also offered a voluntary buy back program, it was successful untill funding ran out. (Gun buyback program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
It has never been suggested that tighter gun control would be an overnight solution, but it is certainly a move in the right direction.

I agree with what Migxxx said in regard to incidents similar still occuring wether firearms are banned or not, but the number of fatalities per incident would decrease and so would the frequency of incidents. In time. Australia has proven it.
Where I live, they did the 'voluntary buy back' program and it was a total success. It did not however, lower the crimes at all. In fact, the total opposite happened (not due to the program, btw). We've been breaking homicide records ever since. But it's just like I said in my previous post, the problems are still there. In my case, the problem are the drugs, many of which should have been legalized long ago, but people are too stubborn and they want to fight the already lost fight head on. ;_;

It's still an awesome idea which actually works, though.

Last edited:
There's none, people are people.

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice those kids sold drugs and got in problems with other cartels knowing that they could get killed by them, my bad.

Have you heard about the Chinese guy who went to a school and stabbed around 20 students?

See, whether guns are banned or not, there will still be crime somehow.

The news was reporting this event like some record "second worst shooting" blah blah blah.. Although a no gun laws would have probably prevented this instance.. It was not the cause. The cause is the attention the media give "bad guys" rather than focusing on the "good guys".

But hey! Since when does a newspaper/show report how good someone is.. The money is in shocking events and thus, the never-ending cycle of infamous attention seekers continue.

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice those kids sold drugs and got in problems with other cartels knowing that they could get killed by them, my bad.

That's not my point, let's say there's a typical drug dealer, what have they done to deserve to die? Nothing, they deserve to die as much as those children, that's only people' stupidity to buy drugs and do them.

Last edited:
I don't believe guns should be banned. I'm 20 years old and I have a family, my own house, and I work hard everyday. And I feel as if when I'm at work, I should be allowed to have a loaded gun in a lockbox or a safe so if someone breaks into my house when I'm at work, or sleeping. My fiance can protect her and my child. And if I'm home, I can do my duty as a man an protect my family, not have to cower in a corner because someone is in my house. If they have a weapon, I should be allowed to have a gun. And even if they do ban guns. I feel as if that would cause more problems. As if every drug dealers guns have tags and proof of ownership. You can't collect them all... And if everyone that follows the law would turn them in. People in the poverty infested neighborhoods would become the "rich and wealthy" because their guns aren't trackable, so they'd have total control and more fear that they could strike into people who have turned their guns in.

I don't believe guns should be banned. I'm 20 years old and I have a family, my own house, and I work hard everyday. And I feel as if when I'm at work, I should be allowed to have a loaded gun in a lockbox or a safe so if someone breaks into my house when I'm at work, or sleeping. My fiance can protect her and my child. And if I'm home, I can do my duty as a man an protect my family, not have to cower in a corner because someone is in my house. If they have a weapon, I should be allowed to have a gun. And even if they do ban guns. I feel as if that would cause more problems. As if every drug dealers guns have tags and proof of ownership. You can't collect them all... And if everyone that follows the law would turn them in. People in the poverty infested neighborhoods would become the "rich and wealthy" because their guns aren't trackable, so they'd have total control and more fear that they could strike into people who have turned their guns in.

But what if everyone was allowed to get a gun to protect themselves but instead use it to kill others?:]

@up

then it would be the exact same way as it is before the ban.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people with guns. It's in a persons mind to not kill someone. I don't see why everything is the way it is. I mean it wasn't always like this. But for some reason. People are FUCKED now a days. Not trying to generalize or anything, but I mean honestly a lot of people are doing some really stupid shit lately.

I don't like the idea of restricting the use of guns. If somebody's going to want a gun, they're going to get a gun.
Likewise, if everybody had a gun, a criminal would think twice before shooting up a place, because they know that after the first few shots are taken, the next is probably going into them.

Of course, there's a lot more behind both sides, but this is the gist of how I feel.
Red

Guns are banned in the UK and you never hear of this insane shit.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly how I feel.
& what I highlighted is the situation in the UK atm.

Back