• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion & What do you think about new mini-update?

What do you think about new mini-update?

• Yes, it's great idea!

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyabl0

Dyablo
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, I think that it's the best way to recover our accounts now, better than using recovery key :)

*The account recovery interface has been updated to use e-mail addresses. This means that recovery keys are no longer used, and that you no longer have to contact us by e-mail to recover your account.*

Please feel free to leave your opinion and vote!

Last edited:
Hmm i think it's not important right now. We all need unfair fight reduction right now then we can make some nice warmodes on this full server with 1500 ppl online

This is quite bad. Coz the guy's which bought their account's will get hacked/scammed.
Mark should set a new donation option where you can change email adress or something

Hmm i think it's not important right now. We all need unfair fight reduction right now then we can make some nice warmodes on this full server with 1500 ppl online

Yes, I agree with you but this was also a bit important than Unfair Fight Reduction. :p

This is quite bad. Coz the guy's which bought their account's will get hacked/scammed.
Mark should set a new donation option where you can change email adress or something

Why he should do it if there is already some characters that got deleted for account trading? it should be unfair if they make it right and let ppl trade their characters.

Its great idea to hack your old accounts, but Hani said in one thread something like that:
Lately we have been forced to waste a lot of time helping players in situations where players have been hacked. This is nothing that we enjoy doing, and to erase that issue, we have decided to introduce a whole new recovery system.

Next time you log into your account, you will be asked to register your mail. The mail that is registered on an account will at all times be considered as the accounts real owner. This mail cannot be changed. This will hopefully delete the amount of hacks, since the real owner will always be easy to distinguish.

Just as before, we do not take any responsibility at all in account trades. Feel free to do them, but when you get scammed, that is to a 100% your fault and your fault only. It does not matter if you bought the account, the mail that is registered marks the owner and he/she will be able to recover his/hers account when he/she feels like it.

Earlier we did accept account trades but we did not take any responsibility for them. As of today, 29 October 2012, account trading is considered to be illegal. Anyone participating in an account trade will not have the rights to contact our support to get help. Those mails will not be answered. Threads being created about account trading will be deleted.

The system of recovery is not yet in use, but as stated earlier, you can already register your mail. We will announce on the news when the system is working for your use.
So dont cry if you bought character and you was hacked OR will be hacked. :)
Happy hunting.
Cheers.

Last edited:
It's really good yes, it will help people to recover their accounts instantly instead of waiting for about 24 hours.

Its great idea to hack your old accounts, but Hani said in one thread something like that:

So dont cry if you bought character and you was hacked OR will be hacked. :)
Happy hunting.
Cheers.

Exactly, like this way they will learn to not buying characters or, selling?

That's exactly why Twifysoft's members do not support any kind of account trading, real owners can always find a way to get their account back.

Awesome, but maybe they could add email change for 50points instead of a new key? Other than that. Awesome!

I haven't bought any of my accounts and I got all the recover keys in a document, tho some of them got random emails (since when i first started i didn't think it would matter since there was recover keys)

So now that leaves me with a couple of accounts that I got the recover key to, but I aint got the emails since it's nonsense emails.

Conclusion -> complete fucking bullshit since now I can't get back thoose accounts if I get hacked.

Yeah they did it to not get spammed all the time when someone got hacked but now they will get spammed too because people don't remember e-mails that's rly stupid haha

They could just have made it possible to use rec key to recover aswell, feel bad for all the people that bought rec keys for 50 points and got no use for them now.

Yeah they did it to not get spammed all the time when someone got hacked but now they will get spammed too because people don't remember e-mails that's rly stupid haha

That's not why we did it. The main reason we added this function to the website is because people who properly registered their e-mail to their accounts shouldn't have to wait up to 24 hours for us to respond to recover their account, the time it takes for us to do that may be enough for the hacker to not only steal all the items from the account, but also die on the characters. It is now possible to recover the account in less than five minutes. It may result in less support e-mails, and if it does that will mean we will have more time to work on updates and be online on ShadowCores.

They could just have made it possible to use rec key to recover aswell, feel bad for all the people that bought rec keys for 50 points and got no use for them now.

It doesn't work when people are using these options when account trading, if they lost shop coins because they were account trading then I don't feel bad at all for them.

It's in the rules, there's a sticky in the Trade forum about it, there's a red message when you open Advertising channel about it. We've warned (and also delete those who ignore the warning) anyone we've seen trying to sell/buy a ShadowCores account. If they still didn't understand despite all that, then they deserve to lose the account they bought and shop coins.

There are already like 3 posts complaining that they don't know their e-mail accounts etc. same problem

There are already like 3 posts complaining that they don't know their e-mail accounts etc. same problem

Mark added the option to register an email and made it sticky on the website like 6 months ago, saying that the email registered on your account would be needed in a future to recover it incase you get hacked. If people ignored it, it's their problem.

Mark added the option to register an email and made it sticky on the website like 6 months ago, saying that the email registered on your account would be needed in a future to recover it incase you get hacked. If people ignored it, it's their problem.

well you are in right. im just sayin that mark should add new option on donate shop so you can buy new email address.
Nothing else, Im sure in next 5 month's there won't be any player's left on this server coz every1 will get hacked/scammed and be tired of playing this.
Also if they deleted those account's who were bought etc.
They should bann botter's.

The best idea is not support the people changing their accounts or change by whatever.

Didnt read what everybody (including Mark) said regarding this topic, but in my opinion there's 2 sides to this story.

+ saves both the team and yourself a lot of time to recover an account in case you actually lost it
- account trading becomes less and less possible and its something that is really wanted by a lot of people. allthought I know the reasons why you do not support this etc. I still think you should set up a system in which people can use account trade, without using middlemen because the shadowcores system will handle it all and this system should also let the new owner set a new login, password & e-mail. not to mention you can make a lot of money on this, by gaining 10% of the transaction sum or something.

Back