• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

EvoStorm.eu - Official discussion thread.

Diath

DIATH
Reaction score

EvoStorm.eu

This is going to be an official discussion thread for our upcoming Evolutions server. You may think 'Oh no, another?' but we will try to make this as unique as possible when compared to other servers.
Maybe the map itself is still Evolutions but we have exclusive events, systems and other features that will create a completely unique experience.
The server is being developed by four experts. This obviously means that the server will be professionally updated often.

Rates

Our rates are different from other typical Evolutions servers. We want to let players be satisfied of their levels, instead of making leveling a meaningless process where you reach level 1000 within a few hours or even minutes.

Experience rates:
  • 1 - 100: x450
  • 101 - 150: x250
  • 151 - 200: x150
  • 251 - 300: x40
  • 301 - 350: x25
  • 351 - 400: x15
  • 401 - 430: x8
  • 431 - 450: x6
  • 451 - 500: x4
  • 501 - ∞: x3

Other rates:
  • Magic Rate: x15
  • Skill Rate: x40
  • Loot Rate: x3.5

These are not the final values, so they might still change.

Map

• Towns: 1
  • Houses: 122
  • Spawns: 2016
  • Creature Count: 8894 (Approx. 4.4 per spawn)
  • Hunting Spots: 58
  • Quests: 38

As before, we aren't done yet. As soon as the server gets popular, we will work on expanding the map with new quests, hunting spots and towns.

Website

We have our own website with a custom backend and a custom design. It's been designed with state of the art technologies for performance, durability and quick development.
Our software is completely secure, so you don't have to worry about our server getting hacked and losing your items, characters and accounts unlike on other servers that rely on deprecated account managers and other software.
We also have a unique feature of live status updates on the website. A small box will display all the current events that are happening: player advances, deaths, logins and many more!

Events

On our server players will be able to join events every day. Different events start automatically each day.
Below you can read short descriptions of events.
Currently we have only four of them but we will work on three other so players will have fun whole week.
Players will be able to gain event points from each event. We will also have a scoreboard on website.
Players don't pay death penalty upon death within events.

Capture the Flag

This event is probably well known by everyone from such games like Unreal Tournament.
Players will gather in the event lobby and after 15 minutes they will be split into 2 balanced teams.
Each team's goal is to steal the enemy flag and take it back to their own base. Once one of the teams reaches a score of 15 the event will finish and the winning team will get event points.
But wait! Don't think it's yet another CTF ;)
Our CTF is expanded by a 'shop' in each base. Players will be able to use levers in shop that will cost ingame money (Crystal Coins).
Each lever will have an exhaustion time of 10 minutes. Levers will give various bonuses like boosting the whole team's hitpoints, mana points or magic level.
There will be special features too like spawning monsters in the enemy's base or spawning an individual monster near each enemy.

Last Man Standing

All players from the event lobby will get teleported into the event area once the event starts. Each 10 minutes new monsters will spawn.
Last player who survives wins event points. Simple enough, aye?

Zombie Survive

All players from the lobby will get teleported into a graveyard once the event starts. There will be five waves of zombies.
Each wave will be stronger and stronger. Once one wave is cleared - the next one will spawn. All players who survive all waves will win event points.

Castle Battle System

When the castle is empty three guild leaders will be able to sign up their guilds for castle ownership battle.
Monsters will spawn to defend the castle and guilds will have one hour to get in and destroy the throne.
The guild that deals the most damage to throne will take ownership on the castle. Once the castle has an owner, the owner must defend it
for an hour.

If the attackers destroy the throne within the hour, the guild that dealt the most damage will win ownership and the old owners will be kicked from the castle.
If the attackers won't manage to destroy the throne, the old owners will keep the ownership for next week.
We haven't decided yet what benefits the owners will gain but you can be sure it's going to be something worth fighting for.

Tasks System

You will be able to take one tasks from a NPC. Once you finish your task, the NPC will let you enter a special magic forcefield that will lead you into a room with a boss that will be specially spawned for you.
Once you finish one task, you will be able to pick another one or the same one again. You can cancel the task aswell, but all your killed monsters will be lost and your counter will start again from 0.

Best Hit System
Once your character scores best hit, best healing damage or best magic damage that's higher than 500 (to avoid spam in console) you will be notified with a message and result will be shown on characters page.

Outfits Bonuses

Once you get both addons for certain outfits your character will gain a bonus (you need to wear both addons to get the bonus). Lists with bonuses will be available on the website once it's done.

Solo Rooms

Players will be able to access an area with several rooms where each player will be able to fight with selected monsters for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the player will be kicked from room and another player will be able to access it.

Achievements System

On our server you will be able to obtain various achievements by doing various things. Each achievement will be displayed on the characters page along with its difficulty.

Premium NPC

We have a NPC ingame that will open a trade window once greeted. Instead of opening your web browser, and logging in on your account and selecting a gift from the shop, then waiting for it to be delivered you can simply trade with this NPC.
Instead of taking money this NPC will take premium points from your account. You can also sell these items (the price is divided by 2, though).

Not every feature is done yet. There is lot of things that we are still working on to finish. We have created this thread to receive your comments, suggestions and opinions. We are open to your feedback!

Regards,
EvoStorm.eu Team.

Last edited:
Needs some pictures! Let's see what it looks like!

rvX4x.png

Pic fully related.

Needs some pictures! Let's see what it looks like!

Stfu, the server isn't gonna focus on maps because the owner isn't retarded.
Detailed maps are just not necessarily, just a huge waste of time. With this I mean stop wasting your time on mapping when the players actually don't care much about the map as long as it doesn't look like shiiit.

@Topic
Glad to finally see some custom server, insteed of just custom map.

Stfu, the server isn't gonna focus on maps because the owner isn't retarded.
Detailed maps are just not necessarily, just a huge waste of time. With this I mean stop wasting your time on mapping when the players actually don't care much about the map as long as it doesn't look like shiiit.

I think that everyone would appreciate it if this thread would remain peaceful and constructive.

k00l, another evolution server from poland ;)
and you copy the design of ereth's thread?? :/
Maybe an evo, but it still uses unique scripts and unique techniques rather than download and run. So please save it for later.

I know there's a lot of good coding behind this Evo server. I wish you the best of luck, Diath. I'll be sure to play it :)

Red

THIS SERVER LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING, I WANT TO HAVE ITS BABIES!
Quote on myself.

I stopped reading when I saw your starting rates was above 15x to level 100.
Good Luck. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

LOL to everyone that thinks that this will be just ANOTHER evo server...dream on, if anything they would make THE evo server!

@up: 95% of all the evo servers are not serious.

I didn't know that it was Chojrak. But I, personally, whould be happy if this project finnishes.

Back