• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Greetings OTland

kaisa

Reaction score
After many years of growing up and abstinence from tibia, I became aware of the game again and I can see that the community has grown a lot. I still remember my first attempts to set up my own server in 2007. The servers back then were anything but stable, so crashes were part of everyday life. I still remember the times when map editors didn't have automatic edge generation, so we had to install each tile by hand and then share screenshots of our maps on this forum and give each other tips and tricks.
I can still remember how I had a server running on my own PC and at some point 100 people were playing on it, only to be criticized after a few days because my mother switched off my PC in my absence. :D
And now there are many very good distributions and a lot of instructions. I think it's great how the community helps each other.
probs to all of you!
I'm now setting up my own 7.7 server to experience a bit of nostalgia.
Greetings to all!

Welcome back!

Lots have changed indeed, some still hand border a lot!
Maps generally do look better if you border yourselves, although takes some time, and can be quite boring, once you see the finished result, you cannot go back.
Especially playing around with different sprites that may fit together.

It's become quite easy to run a server locally in this year, I think the OTS Guide on top will help you out already!
Have fun creating :)

Back