• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hard time understanding what otcv8 client branch to use and which tfs to use

Degerman

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to start fiddling and start a server, I want to use the otcv8 client and TFS that works with the client.

I have a hard time understanding which version to use of otcv8 and tfs? I see that there is a forked TFS on the otcv8 GitHub profile.

Which to use? Can someone guide me since there is so many conflicting guides I am finding about what to use

I'd suggest using TFS 1.0+ (i simply believe that newer -> better), possibly 1.3, 1.4.2 or 1.5.
You can find those TFS servers for various different tibia clients. Just pick one distribution that suits you.

And then it's going to work with every OTClient. I guess two main OTC releases are otcv8 & mehah. Both will work with any TFS you download

//edit (i think i'll become famous because of editing every single post, lol
other words - TFS/OTC are pretty much universal and work with each other very well no matter what distribution/version you use

I'd suggest using TFS 1.0+ (i simply believe that newer -> better), possibly 1.3, 1.4.2 or 1.5.
You can find those TFS servers for various different tibia clients. Just pick one distribution that suits you.

And then it's going to work with every OTClient. I guess two main OTC releases are otcv8 & mehah. Both will work with any TFS you download

//edit (i think i'll become famous because of editing every single post, lol
other words - TFS/OTC are pretty much universal and work with each other very well no matter what distribution/version you use
Thanks! 😊

Back