• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

i wanna suggest something that to me sounds cool,what do you think about every vocation will have a Hereditary spell or power in that way every vocation will have its own advanteges.
and every vocation will have its own unique powers.

i wanna suggest something that to me sounds cool,what do you think about every vocation will have a Hereditary spell or power in that way every vocation will have its own advanteges.
and every vocation will have its own unique powers.

I do not quite understand what you are writing. Could you give some samples?

he means like make druid got much mana and heals much like it for healing and such
and knight to got much health and can block like a leader
and ranger fast than others that he can run fast and hit from long place and such
for sorcerer idk.

i think that what he means!!
Every voc got it own power!

Or like, let there be 5/10 families with all special abilities. And you can be born into one of the five as w/e you want with a special ability. Something like that :p

Vocations do have their ordinary special attributes.
Warriors have much health, low mana points, can carry more stuff.
Archers have some health, mana. Can carry some.
Mages have little health, much mana. Cant carry much.

Some spells will also be different based on your vocation. Fire Strike from Warriors will only be 1 - 2 sqm range, deal same ammount of damage but will give you a small side effect. And possibly longer cooldown than if you use fire strike with a Mage.

I also have a reputation system. This is not an ordinary "tibia reputaton system" that you find in some other servers. It contains evil reputation, good reputation, merchant reputation, town1, town2, town3 reputation, noble reputation and so on. Having much of a special kind of reputation will also give you special advantages, grant you special quests, grant you special spells. Also existing spells might act different, for an example our "magic light" spell. (see it here: Magic Light post link ).

Znote said:
I want every class to pick their vocation after their preferences, and not their "Original tibia usages".
A warrior should mean a character with much health and low mana.
He should be able to pick equipments and magical abilities to his needs. For an example:
Typical "WoW" Paladin, heavy equipment, healing/supporter like spells.
Typical Barbarian, two handed axe, made to rip others flesh.
He can also choose to be etc a full fledged Priest. His big health pool may be very useful in example:
Mirror shield - You cast the shield on a friend, someone attacks the friend, every 5 seconds all damage toward your friends will be transferred to yourself.
And your friend will gain the health you loose. Will shield for 30 seconds or until loosing etc 2000hp. [High level support magic]

Typical Warrior Mage, you can utilize about 75% of the power of an ordinary mage. However you will have more health.
(You will also be pretty mana potion dependant since your mana pool will quickly drop. Some spells will also require rather high level to use them because of the lack of mana pool.
In order to do this, you will need to get etc level 5 fire spells. Disadvantage is the lack of support spells like healing and haste.
[But haste can also be optained by scrolls] If you have high merchant reputation.
This scroll will be 1 charge use only~and will cost more mana than actually have the support spell.
Also the scroll itself will cost some sort of valuta.

Mages can also act like a warrior, enchanting a weapon into fire and damage will be based on magic level instead of etc sword fighting.

Balancing of classes will require an closed beta so I can test things out with a few friends.
I am not nearly done yet.
Also there is alot of custom spells I intend to create which will need alot of testing to be properly balanced.

The project has been pretty actively been working on since 28th November 2010. You see all my quoted messages in OP.
Those are my progress and new ideas etc since then.

On my server, you will be able to "repick" magic. You can change from being a "warrior priest" to a "warrior paladin" etc.
When you take back your spell, you gain a scroll with the spell. You can sell it to someone else etc.

Last edited:
Still much to do before I even consider getting it online. Closed Beta stage is soon ready thought.

By the way, I just created a monster system which gives monsters more tactical brains. Adding mana system, and spells system to monsters. :) They communicate with each other and help each other out.

So far only fixed 1 spell for them to test stuff out.
[video=youtube;yf25Y5NYRSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf25Y5NYRSo[/video]

Think it would be better if the words by in orange color.
Also have an idea for a vocation:
1.- Battle Mage: Have a little more hp than mages but a little low mana than those ones(mages), they spells will be in physical and death attack, but the unique feature on them its that all of their spells steal life!, will use wands without attack, just give buffs like : +.5% steal life, or +2 magic level. Damage will base on magic level and level, also their spells spend not much mana because they use it all the time(can't also use runes).

O yes, congratulations, should be one of the best server i ever see, just dislike a little the map, you let me say that you are the best scripter.

Think it would be better if the words by in orange color.
Also have an idea for a vocation:
1.- Battle Mage: Have a little more hp than mages but a little low mana than those ones(mages), they spells will be in physical and death attack, but the unique feature on them its that all of their spells steal life!, will use wands without attack, just give buffs like : +.5% steal life, or +2 magic level. Damage will base on magic level and level, also their spells spend not much mana because they use it all the time(can't also use runes).

O yes, congratulations, should be one of the best server i ever see, just dislike a little the map, you let me say that you are the best scripter.

You can brew your own vocation. Just need to add equipments and magical abilities to fit "battle mage". :p

No particular awesome update, been working on the shape on the map. Also made some more sample scripts.
Lua:
--- Coded by Znote ---- r2 - otland.net
-- Changelog: Added capacity calculator. Now also work with promoted vocations. (sorc = vocation 1 & 5).
---- CONFIG
-- Storage value not in use:
local storage = 80010

-- Item Sorcerer get:
local sorcItem = 2160
local sorcCount = 1

-- Item Druid get:
local druidItem = 2160
local druidCount = 1

-- Item Paladin get:
local pallyItem = 2160
local pallyCount = 1

-- Item Knight get:
local knightItem = 2160
local knightCount = 1
----- END CONFIG

if getPlayerStorageValue(cid,storage) < 1 then
	local freecap = getPlayerFreeCap(cid)

if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 1 or if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 5 then
		local itemcap = getItemInfo(sorcItem).weight * sorcCount
		if freecap > itemcap then
			local itemname = getItemInfo(sorcItem).name
			doPlayerAddItem(cid, sorcItem,sorcCount)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid,storage, 1)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, 13, "Congratulations, you found a"..itemname..".")
		else
			local capcalk = (itemcap - freecap)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_RED, "You found "..itemname..", but you need "..capcalk.." more free cap before you can carry it.")
			return true
		end -- freecap > itemcap
		return true
	end -- sorcerer
	if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 2 or if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 6 then
		local itemcap = getItemInfo(druidItem).weight * druidCount
			local itemname = getItemInfo(druidItem).name
			doPlayerAddItem(cid, druidItem,druidCount)
		else
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_RED, "You found "..itemname..", but you need "..capcalk.." more free cap before you can carry it.")
			return true
		end -- freecap > itemcap
		return true
	end -- druid
	if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 3 or if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 7 then
		local itemcap = getItemInfo(pallyItem).weight * pallyCount
			local itemname = getItemInfo(pallyItem).name
			doPlayerAddItem(cid, pallyItem,pallyCount)
		else
			return true
		end -- freecap > itemcap
		return true
	end -- pally
	if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 4 or if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 8 then
		local itemcap = getItemInfo(knightItem).weight * knightCount
			local itemname = getItemInfo(knightItem).name
			doPlayerAddItem(cid, knightItem,knightCount)
		else
			return true
		end -- freecap > itemcap
	end -- pally
	return true
else
	doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, 21, "You have already done this quest.")
	return true
end

Lua:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
local player = getPlayerByNameWildcard(param) -- fetch target from param
	if isPlayer(player) then -- if param represents an online player then
		if getCreatureCondition(player) == CONDITION_MANASHIELD then -- If he have mana shield then
			doRemoveCondition(player, CONDITION_MANASHIELD) -- Remove the damn mana shield! Mwuahahah!
			doCreatureSay(player, "Fuck! I lost my manashield!!!!")
		end -- end if have mana shield function
	end -- end if param represents online player function
	return true -- returns true, script is complete. 
end -- end of "onSay" main function.

This is just a small part that i actually "almost" detailed abit!
castlefarm.jpg

Detail the map a little bit more? xD
@edit
Yea, you said it's not completely detailed, sorryz xD Awesome brozer.... gogogoogoggoog xD :w00t:

By the way, I just created a monster system which gives monsters more tactical brains. Adding mana system, and spells system to monsters. :) They communicate with each other and help each other out.

So far only fixed 1 spell for them to test stuff out.
[video=youtube;yf25Y5NYRSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf25Y5NYRSo[/video]

Updated the monster spells system a bit:

17:16 Wild Warrior: [75/100] Self Healing!
17:16 Wild Warrior: [43/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
17:16 Wild Warrior: [68/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
17:16 Wild Warrior: [11/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
17:16 Wild Warrior: [36/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
17:16 Wild Warrior: [4/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!

17:16 You lose 50 hitpoints.

Monster attack spell works. Havent added cooldown yet to it so its kinda OP. :p

Whats left to do is to fix the auto mana regen system. :p (and as mentioned above, a proper cooldown system).

Edit2: Manaregen fixed.

18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [19/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [24/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [29/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [34/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: [2/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
18:43 You lose 50 hitpoints.

18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [7/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [12/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [17/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [22/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [27/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [32/100]
18:43 Wild Warrior: [0/100] Exori vis "Testing Rabbit!
18:43 You lose 50 hitpoints.

18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [95/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [100/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: [75/100] Self Healing!
18:47 Wild Warrior: [50/100] Self Healing!
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [55/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [60/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [65/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: [40/100] Self Healing!
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [45/100]
18:47 Wild Warrior: [20/100] Self Healing!
18:47 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [25/100]
18:48 Wild Warrior: [0/100] Self Healing!
18:48 Wild Warrior: 5+ mana. [5/100]

Last edited:
Healers healing the boss so you need to kill the healers first?

Yep. :p

I guess its time to continue making NPCs. now. :/

edit: Mapped a bit:
Wolf Farm House
wolffarmhouse.JPG

Some cookie selling woman shall be here. She also needs some help with something.

Last edited:
Man.. that looks epic. You think I can be in the closed beta? I love custom servers and I will help you with lots of ideas. Ive always looked forward to these kind of servers but either they fail or the people just stop developing it. If I don't get into beta I wish you good luck and can't wait to play it. Also, should I post my ideas here or what? I will give you brief ideas and you just point out the ones you like and I will explain them better :) I also play minecraft :eek:

Last edited:
Man.. that looks epic. You think I can be in the closed beta? I love custom servers and I will help you with lots of ideas. Ive always looked forward to these kind of servers but either they fail or the people just stop developing it. If I don't get into beta I wish you good luck and can't wait to play it. Also, should I post my ideas here or what? I will give you brief ideas and you just point out the ones you like and I will explain them better :) I also play minecraft :eek:

Yeah, sounds great. It will take a while until beta is ready thought. :) But come with all your kinds of ideas. :)

(Idea) Repuation System

I thought of a "Reputation System. You see how you will have all kinds of different towns with different currency well in each town you have a certain amount of "Reputation". You can earn more reputation by helping your town, doing quest etc.. There is many things you can do with your reputation for instance, the more rep you have the more the town likes you. The NPC's will sell stuff for less or have discounts. If you have a certain amount of rep then, you can do certain things like get a job, or do certain quests. The NPC's would tell you more secrets and help you with your journey.

I think this would be a pretty cool system, you don't have to do exactly everything it says in here, you can just do what you want.:)

Btw, more idea's coming.

Comment and let me know what you think.

YouTube - ‪Custom Vocation system created by Znote‬&rlm;

Look at 1:19-1:21~
Dont know if you saw this or if anyone told you but when you became a magician it said

"Congratulations!
You just became a magican!"

Shouldn't it be magician?

Its just a small typo, the functionality is working as expected. :)

I thought of a "Reputation System. You see how you will have all kinds of different towns with different currency well in each town you have a certain amount of "Reputation". You can earn more reputation by helping your town, doing quest etc.. There is many things you can do with your reputation for instance, the more rep you have the more the town likes you. The NPC's will sell stuff for less or have discounts. If you have a certain amount of rep then, you can do certain things like get a job, or do certain quests. The NPC's would tell you more secrets and help you with your journey.

I think this would be a pretty cool system, you don't have to do exactly everything it says in here, you can just do what you want.:)

Btw, more idea's coming.

Comment and let me know what you think.

That is the main concept with the whole server. I'm already working on, exacly this! ;) So I have to say its a great idea which I have already started. :)

Edit: Note to myself: Mission scroll. (storagevalue = describtion).

Last edited:
Back