• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

(Idea) Finding, exploring, and thinking.

Every server I play all the libraries, boxes, chests, cabinets etc... are always empty. You should definitely make it so most of the boxes, chests etc.. have something in them. It could be anything from a banana peal to a really good items, or in libraries put books that help people find secret hunting place or hints for quests. :rolleyes:

Ideas of what to put in the containers?
-Armor
-Weapons
-Spell Scrolls
-Different types of currency
-Document
-Newspapers
-Maps
-Valuables
-Letters
-Useless pieces of trash
-Gems
-Metals
-House hold items

Comment and let me know what you think :)

Haven't read through all the pages, so don't know if this was suggested yet. BUT:

You said the 3 towns are always warring? Upon creating your character, allow them to choose their homeland. Maybe try to add a balancing system as well. Make a raid system where everyday at x time, all the towns fight for a castle ..? of somesort. Whoever wins, controls the castle. Ownership of the castle perhaps grants your town and all who belong to it 10% increased experience/10% increased loot rate/10% increased skill rates. Also allow said town to enter the castle, where good potions, equipment, etc. can be sold for a shiny penny. The ownership of the castle resets perhaps 30 minutes before the fight for it begins, so it gives the victorious town a good 23 hours of ownership to the castle.

Definitely would help the problem most OT's experience, where people level, do all the quests, then get bored.

Keep coming with suggestions, I love it! :D

Every server I play all the libraries, boxes, chests, cabinets etc... are always empty. You should definitely make it so most of the boxes, chests etc.. have something in them. It could be anything from a banana peal to a really good items, or in libraries put books that help people find secret hunting place or hints for quests. :rolleyes:

Ideas of what to put in the containers?
-Armor
-Weapons
-Spell Scrolls
-Different types of currency
-Document
-Newspapers
-Maps
-Valuables
-Letters
-Useless pieces of trash
-Gems
-Metals
-House hold items

Comment and let me know what you think :)

Awesome! Why wasnt I thinking of this. I will make this possible, I also just got a flash in my head and got an idea where I can make quests based on this. Like etc you get a mission to thief a NPCs personal belongings, and there is a risk when opening the container that he might see you and punish you. Also note that sometimes another player already have taken the item you where asked to thief. :p
Note to myself(reminder): return false to allow player to open containers normally while at the same time run a onUse/click script.

But aside from quests, I will also make sure to add some items to boxes. Why have a box in a house when it is empty. :p

Haven't read through all the pages, so don't know if this was suggested yet. BUT:

You said the 3 towns are always warring? Upon creating your character, allow them to choose their homeland. Maybe try to add a balancing system as well. Make a raid system where everyday at x time, all the towns fight for a castle ..? of somesort. Whoever wins, controls the castle. Ownership of the castle perhaps grants your town and all who belong to it 10% increased experience/10% increased loot rate/10% increased skill rates. Also allow said town to enter the castle, where good potions, equipment, etc. can be sold for a shiny penny. The ownership of the castle resets perhaps 30 minutes before the fight for it begins, so it gives the victorious town a good 23 hours of ownership to the castle.

Definitely would help the problem most OT's experience, where people level, do all the quests, then get bored.

My system is very similar, see "Landscape conquering" on my main post. There will be several methods of war this conquering system will have included. And conquer towers, landscape (including nearby villages) and hunting grounds is but a few of the sweet features of it. :)

Quest OT's progress:
Created an cookie/baking NPC. [50%]. Need to finish more map before I can complete it.
With help of Evil Hero I managed to get a pretty awesome custom made Quest Log!
questlog.jpg

Quest Log:
Will not show quests you havent started on.
Will show which part of the quest you are on. [But will NOT spoil to you how big it is]. (how many parts there is in total)
Will tell you when you have completed the entire quest.

Will help you/guide you to give you some hints or something on how to solve the quest.

TODO: (With Quest Log script) [Which perhaps will be a magic spell obtained from a magic scroll]
- You have completed x/y active quests.
-- Perhaps a sorting system which will sort completed quests at the bot.

I think I will focus tomorrow on extending the maps.

Last edited:
(3 Ideas) ---Secret Hunting places-----------Quest-----------Exp

--------------------3 short idea's but good ones :)-----------------------

Most of the popular servers I played they always had tp's to monsters which was boring. I like it when you have to find them on your own and it's more fun to explore. Make lot's of secret hunting place's like maybe putting hole's under a tree that you can barely see, or make it so when you use a pick on the right piece of dirt it will open a secret hole. It would be cool for the people that are smart and find the secrets to have some kind of an advantage.

All the quest I see all you do is go thought a tp and kill some monsters and then your done, or quest that take like 1 hour and then you don't even get anything good. My suggestion is make quest's where you have to think and actually try. It has to be like semi-hard depending on the reward.

Exp is a very big part to servers. Some severs have very low and some have very high, you need to find the right amount. I don't want to sit and hunt at the same monsters for like 3 hours...... You should make it like in the middle exp. You do some quests hunt for like 30 minuets and then move on.

These are 3 short idea's you should think about.
Please comment and let me know what you think :D
Btw, I appreciate you looking at all my idea's so far and I have more coming ^_^

@up
most of your ideas are what a RPG game means, or what he had state in his post but with some changes. anyways it looks like you want to help so keep doing it :).

@znote
can you help me to use your npc :?

--------------------3 short idea's but good ones :)-----------------------

Most of the popular servers I played they always had tp's to monsters which was boring. I like it when you have to find them on your own and it's more fun to explore. Make lot's of secret hunting place's like maybe putting hole's under a tree that you can barely see, or make it so when you use a pick on the right piece of dirt it will open a secret hole. It would be cool for the people that are smart and find the secrets to have some kind of an advantage.

All the quest I see all you do is go thought a tp and kill some monsters and then your done, or quest that take like 1 hour and then you don't even get anything good. My suggestion is make quest's where you have to think and actually try. It has to be like semi-hard depending on the reward.

Exp is a very big part to servers. Some severs have very low and some have very high, you need to find the right amount. I don't want to sit and hunt at the same monsters for like 3 hours...... You should make it like in the middle exp. You do some quests hunt for like 30 minuets and then move on.

These are 3 short idea's you should think about.
Please comment and let me know what you think :D
Btw, I appreciate you looking at all my idea's so far and I have more coming ^_^

To sum it up:
1. Make secret hunting places.
2. Make unique and special RPGish quests.
3. Have a perfect exprate.

1. Yes, I will make lots of hunting grounds, some which will be hidden. There shall be no teleports.
2. So far, all my quests are RPGish. You can for an example obtain a secret quest if you sell x ingredients to an NPC. There are also super-rare quests which is very hard to obtrain. For an example we have a 5 part quests, and during part 2 and part 3 of that quest, you have the possibility to start another quest. Which you only can obtain during this part of the quest. Meaning if you are on part 4, its to late for you. If you are on part 1, you have to get to part 2 to obtain it.
I havent made so many secret quests obtained from etc clicking a dead tree stump, but will also make some secrets from the map. :)
3. Since all monsters are custom, there is a custom exprate. Rotworm do not give you the same experience ammount as original tibia. I dont even know if I shall keep the name Rotworm or come up with a new one. But during Beta at least the rate will be a bit extra high so people can test the server quickly.

When beta is off, I hope that level 50~ will be considered high level.

@znote
can you help me to use your npc :?

Help you use my NPC? xD I dont understand what you want. Do you want me to give you a NPC teaser or something?

yeye, some help to set up your npc.
can you :p?

Here you go works great with tibia:
NPC = N
PLAYER = P

N: Psssst! Hey... You there! Over here! Sorry for whispering, but this is a secret from the Lab of Madrigal. In the Lab of Madrigal, a secret project is underway. This is actually a disguise I'm wearing (This means his outfit should be somewhat funny), hahaha! This secret project has to do with cloning monsters! Why are we cloning them? Because we can, obviously! What kind of question is that? Muahahaha!! Okay, listen. I need something for our cloning study. You think you might be able to help me out?"

P: yes , else player no.
Accepting Quest Text:

"Perrrrfect! In the interest of furthering our studies on Wagsaac DNA, I need some of their bones. Bring me 10 Hardend Bones."

Denying Quest Text:

"You don't want to do it, eh? Fine, I'll find someone else."

P: (If he asks about time or where exactly he finds these) then NPC answers.

N: We've got all the time in the world. Take your time. We're busy developing a mix between Bonebeast and Hydra . We're calling them Hydrabeast!" (First task is to get the bonebeasts) (Second task is to get the hydra head) both are creature products.

Completed Quest Text:

N: "Hmmm *Sniff* *Sniff*... Yep! This is prime grade-A Wagsaac Bone right here. Good job, sport!"

second task:

N: "What, you thought that was it? Oh no, I have plenty more for you to do, champ! We require more data to complete our research. Feel like helping out again?"

P: Great! We need 10 Hydra heads this time. We're close to cloning out first Hydrabesat! Get going! (Accepting message)

else refuse,

N: "Don't want to do it, eh? You kill hundreds of small animals and you're going to preach to me about ethics?" (Denying message)

incase accept:

N: "Take your time, friend. We're busy making Undead Prospector Boxes out of Undead Prospector and a Magical box!"

Completed Quest Text:

"Ohhh yeah! This is good stuff! Thanks again!"

Doing the two task can give you some access for a better hunting place.
for the donations, plealse you know what im going to say, VIP place and thats it, just as real tibia.

SOURCE

Last edited:
(Idea) Monsters

Scratch that, I wanna know about the items. What I suggest is that you should try to make all the items custom, like the name, attack, what it's dropped by etc.... I know it might take a while but it would be pretty cool to experience new items that we haven't seen before. That way this server will feel like a totally new game.

I know this might be for an RPG more than this sever but what if you made it so you had different sets, and if you have all the pieces then you get and extra bonus

Sorry for making the mistake with the custom monsters, I didn't really feel like reading through all those posts, my bad. :(

Last edited:
3. Since all monsters are custom, there is a custom exprate. Rotworm do not give you the same experience ammount as original tibia. I dont even know if I shall keep the name Rotworm or come up with a new one. But during Beta at least the rate will be a bit extra high so people can test the server quickly.

When beta is off, I hope that level 50~ will be considered high level.

you need to start reading a little bit more :S

What about making a new client, with new skill bar, attribute points(?), spell icons? :)
I'm pretty sure someone had already suggested that, just ain't reading dozen of pages.

yeye, some help to set up your npc.
can you :p?

Assuming you are talking about the NPC at this post:
http://otland.net/f251/help-me-suggestions-my-quest-ots-110025/index4.html#post1197099
You place the NPC in data/npc/ folder. And you run it. Import it to map editor, place on your map and your done.

Here you go works great with tibia:
NPC = N
PLAYER = P

N: Psssst! Hey... You there! Over here! Sorry for whispering, but this is a secret from the Lab of Madrigal. In the Lab of Madrigal, a secret project is underway. This is actually a disguise I'm wearing (This means his outfit should be somewhat funny), hahaha! This secret project has to do with cloning monsters! Why are we cloning them? Because we can, obviously! What kind of question is that? Muahahaha!! Okay, listen. I need something for our cloning study. You think you might be able to help me out?"

P: yes , else player no.
Accepting Quest Text:

"Perrrrfect! In the interest of furthering our studies on Wagsaac DNA, I need some of their bones. Bring me 10 Hardend Bones."

Denying Quest Text:

"You don't want to do it, eh? Fine, I'll find someone else."

P: (If he asks about time or where exactly he finds these) then NPC answers.

N: We've got all the time in the world. Take your time. We're busy developing a mix between Bonebeast and Hydra . We're calling them Hydrabeast!" (First task is to get the bonebeasts) (Second task is to get the hydra head) both are creature products.

Completed Quest Text:

N: "Hmmm *Sniff* *Sniff*... Yep! This is prime grade-A Wagsaac Bone right here. Good job, sport!"

second task:

N: "What, you thought that was it? Oh no, I have plenty more for you to do, champ! We require more data to complete our research. Feel like helping out again?"

P: Great! We need 10 Hydra heads this time. We're close to cloning out first Hydrabesat! Get going! (Accepting message)

else refuse,

N: "Don't want to do it, eh? You kill hundreds of small animals and you're going to preach to me about ethics?" (Denying message)

incase accept:

N: "Take your time, friend. We're busy making Undead Prospector Boxes out of Undead Prospector and a Magical box!"

Completed Quest Text:

"Ohhh yeah! This is good stuff! Thanks again!"

Doing the two task can give you some access for a better hunting place.
for the donations, plealse you know what im going to say, VIP place and thats it, just as real tibia.

SOURCE

Sounds great! Will add it. :) Thanks for your contribution! :D

Scratch that, I wanna know about the items. What I suggest is that you should try to make all the items custom, like the name, attack, what it's dropped by etc.... I know it might take a while but it would be pretty cool to experience new items that we haven't seen before. That way this server will feel like a totally new game.

I know this might be for an RPG more than this sever but what if you made it so you had different sets, and if you have all the pieces then you get and extra bonus

Sorry for making the mistake with the custom monsters, I didn't really feel like reading through all those posts, my bad. :(

Yeah, I plan to make custom items. Or rather modify the existing items, changing their names and make them fit Quest OTs. :)

What about making a new client, with new skill bar, attribute points(?), spell icons? :)
I'm pretty sure someone had already suggested that, just ain't reading dozen of pages.

No, I want to avoid to much hazzle with the client. To make it easy to update the OT to newer client versions smoothly quick and easy.

About the client, make a Custom Anti bot client! ;p

I dont need client sided modifications to find botters. :) Going to work on anti bot scripts soon. But its not of priority.

I dont need client sided modifications to find botters. :) Going to work on anti bot scripts soon. But its not of priority.

An OT without bot = good :D:D

I hope your server will be one of the best in Open tibia history :)

Good Luck :)

Added snow island to the Quest OTs map: (I am NOT the mapper, I think its some mapper from the Heroland project). Need to verify this, sorry for no proper credits.
Which monsters should live here? :p
northern%20snowflake.jpg

Main town:
northern%20snowflake2.jpg

I plan to call it Northern Snowflake. (Stolen from my Minecraft server haha).

umm, if its the real meaning of RPG, then spawn there some ice witches, and barbarians.

umm, if its the real meaning of RPG, then spawn there some ice witches, and barbarians.

Yeah I will spawn some artic looking monsters there. :) Should be obvious im just a bit tired today. xD

Mapping piece I got from Three Magic:
west%20island.jpg

Back