• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How does ShadowCores keep up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no interest in continuing any conversation with you after seeing your posts in this thread, you are in no position to discuss the future of this community with me. How about you start your own community and apply your philophosy there and we'll see how well that goes? I don't think you have anything but jealousy to contribute, yet you keep judging other people. At least my projects don't fail on the recruitment stage.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until after I had already replied to the thread but I've read it now and I agree with what you say but there isn't much I can do alone to motivate the community to learn or the developers to be more active. I'm already releasing TFS as an engine, to allow people to create their own scripts, and most of my work on the engine in ShadowCores also go to The Forgotten Server 0.2. Don Daniello has been working on setting up a knowledgebase, which might help users who are new or users who still haven't learned, although I don't know the status on that yet. I simply don't have the time to do everything by myself, the community has to help, and I think the OTClient developers have done a really good job. Remember that no one is stopping you from helping, so don't blame me for lazyness of the community. Unfortunately J.Dre has problems understanding that and that's why he's posting bullshit in this thread expecting me to be the guy who makes everything in OpenTibia happen.

I see the anger state has set in, making things personal. And thanks for repeating what I said, hope it gets out there more now. More dissolution in OpenTibia is not what we need, that's a horrible suggestion. I don't have a problem understanding anything, you have a problem of being too ignorant to accept help and ideas from other people. Your ego gets in the way, I'm not sure why, but it does and you may not even notice it.

I might be one of the persons who knows Talaturen the best, we've been friends for a long time and I have also been a part of TwifySoft(SoftCores, ShadowCores etc.) for many years, working closely together with him. I think therefore that I am one of the persons that can actually see the entire picture and actually realise how much open tibia means to him.

Talaturen cares extremely much about this community and keeping open tibia alive, more than the most of you could ever imagine. Not only did he actually donate money to OTFans in an attempt to keep them alive, he also succeeded to get other developers active again, among other things he was a contributing factor to Remere updating his mapeditor again and that OT was moved to github. Things that has helped the entire community to move on. He have done loads of things that probably none ever would have the motivation to do, simply because he cares. And as some of you have mentioned, no, the motivation isn't money. If it all would have been about money, there is a lot of other things that would give you more money, if you look at the work versus money exchange. So please, J.dre, take your bullshit and go somewhere else.

Nothing I have said is bullshit, it's the hard truth that no one wants to hear. I don't know why you're here defending Talaturen, this honestly has nothing to do with you, Hanna. All you have done is stand by Talaturen letting him take advantage of you all these years.

The reason why he isn't in the support board helping newbs with simple issues is because he knows lots of other members in this community know how to solve that issue, and they will help that person, which brings the community closer, and he noticed the amount of help needed in the support board thus why he created the support team, the support team basically represents him, if none of them know how to solve such issue, odds are Talaturen will show up to explain how its solved. Yes he can do so much more, but he chooses not to, because this is just a game, it's taken a huge part of his life and if he doesn't feel comfortable with working more and more for just a game, let him be, it's his life, be glad for what he has already done for you, if it weren't for him, you wouldn't even be here right now. He opened the gates to Open-Tibia, he is a pioneer.

He has done enough, and contributed more than most will, but it doesn't justify him kicking the can down the road. If something can be done to help, it should be done. "Not enough time" is an excuse we have all used. If he wanted to, and truly cared for this community, he'd make time for it. I don't want to see this forum turn into OTFans, whether it be tonight or ten years from now - it's slowly happening.

---

Why does this have to be an argument? I make a statement based on what Evan said, and now I'm being attacked by the Administrators of this forum. My goal was to get their attention and hopefully change things for the best around here. Perhaps my approach wasn't as subtle as it could have been, but I tried other methods. About six months ago I contacted Talaturen about this. You know what he told me? "Just because you're a moderator on OTFans doesn't mean you have the right to help..." or something to that extent. Chris, a former Global Moderator, and I spoke with other members on this forum months before I even became a moderator on OTFans (before the downfall) to address this issue. It had nothing to do with that. Do you see now? I suppose it didn't work out as I thought it would, haha. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So do you think that developing an engine is not enough for you ?
I mean wow, . . . tala does a really good work I think..

So do you think that developing an engine is not enough for you ?
I mean wow, . . .

You think this is about me? You are sadly mistaken. Go read my other posts and you'll know what I have to say about his "development" of TFS. And no, to answer your question, it isn't enough for this community. OtLand is his responsibility, not only TFS 0.2.

Well if you dont like how otland is managed you can always leave,

Well if you dont like how otland is managed you can always leave,

I'm not talking only about OtLand, I'm talking about all of OpenTibia. OtLand is at the center, and this is where things need to begin. Don is doing a great job and plans to do more. I think we need to get behind him as a community, everyone, not only Talaturen or Korn, not only Hani or Red, everyone.

You know that a community like this is driven by voluntary people? If you have no interests, you aren't ever forced to do anything.
If Tala doesn't want to contribute to TFS, well, so what? You want to force him?
Same for helping people in the support board, why force people to?

You know that a community like this is driven by voluntary people? If you have no interests, you aren't ever forced to do anything.
If Tala doesn't want to contribute to TFS, well, so what? You want to force him?
Same for helping people in the support board, why force people to?

Well i would force him :D

Nah kidding xD, But as Talaturen said, he hasn't metion anything about leaving the community. If he did it, its pretty sad but still fresh meat always join. <-- Hopefully!

I don't want to see this forum turn into OTFans, whether it be tonight or ten years from now - it's slowly happening.
This is nothing that Talaturen can stop, tibia itself is dying out, it's an old game, there aren't many newcomers because of how shitty tibia looks compared to all the new modern games, yes you would pick tibia in a heartbeat, but you say it now because you already experienced it when it was a lot better back then, and you love it no matter what, but new players won't give a shit about emotional crap, they'll say it looks like crap and move on. Tibia is dying out, and if tibia dies out, of course ots will die out, this is a time factor, nothing stays the same forever. Move on, enjoy it while it lasts.
Edit --
OtLand is his responsibility, not only TFS 0.2.
I'm sorry, what? It's his responsibility? He does this because he wants to, if one day he gets bored, he can shut down this website. It's not his responsibility, it's his hobby/passion.

Wow, these posts are really interesting to read. It's like SammyNSC's blog/thread but live.

I'm sorry, what? It's his responsibility? He does this because he wants to, if one day he gets bored, he can shut down this website. It's not his responsibility, it's his hobby/passion.

So, if I like babysitting kids and decide to watch my sister for the evening, she's not my responsibility? Fuck logic. :w00t: Talaturen assumed responsibility over what happens with and on OtLand when he created it.

I'm sorry, but um, we should not start this crap. Let's be a little more serious, shall we? We can all agree something is wrong with OT.

So, if I like babysitting kids and decide to watch my sister for the evening, she's not my responsibility? Fuck logic. :w00t:

Tala does not babysit us.. We're not his responsibility. He does not get paid.
Your logic is left to be found. He starts this website so he's instantly forced to work on it?

Nothing is wrong with OT.

Tala does not babysit us.. We're not his responsibility. He does not get paid.
Your logic is left to be found. He starts this website so he's instantly forced to work on it?

Nothing is wrong with OT.

You missed my point. He said, "OtLand is Talaturen's passion." What if taking care of my family was my passion? Does that mean they're not my responsibility? And he does get paid, are you stupid? That's not even my point - why are you bringing up money? :blink: :huh: Now this is turning into a big flame war. Thanks TGYoshi. Go read through everything I have written before bringing up crap like this.

OtLand is Talaturen's responsibility. He assumed this responsibility when he created OtLand and became the Administrator. If he wants to step down and appoint someone else, then it will no longer be his responsibility.

You missed my point. He said, "OtLand is Talaturen's passion." What if taking care of my family was my passion? Does that mean they're not my responsibility? And he does get paid, are you stupid? That's not even my point - why are you bringing up money? :blink: :huh: Now this is turning into a big flame war. Thanks TGYoshi. Go read through everything I have written before bringing up crap like this.

OtLand is Talaturen's responsibility. He assumed this responsibility when he created OtLand and became the Administrator. If he wants to step down and appoint someone else, then it will no longer be his responsibility.

You simply don't understand that his passion is shifting towards maintaining a server instead of watching a forum full of crying people.
He is expected to maintain the forum, keep it running and moderated (Not forced). He isn't here to innovate the whole forum/OT, or something like that. Sure, he may do so if he's motivated for that, but he probably isn't.

You simply don't understand that his passion is shifting towards maintaining a server instead of watching a forum full of crying people.
He is expected to maintain the forum, keep it running and moderated (Not forced). He isn't here to innovate the whole forum/OT, or something like that. Sure, he may do so if he's motivated for that, but he probably isn't.

Yes, it is his responsibility. A guy doesn't start a business and become CEO then say, "Oh, this shit? It's not my responsibility. I don't even know those guys!" He's not directly responsible for each member, but he's responsible for the outcome of what these members do which affects OtLand. Here's something you may understand: He's responsible for the bowl holding the cereal and the shit that goes in and out, not the cereal itself. That's ridiculous, don't make me say something like that again, LOL. Anyway, this is probably over now. I'm pretty sure Talaturen is not even viewing this anymore. If he doesn't want to do anything, that's his choice - I tried. ;)

As Cyko said below, it's getting a little off-topic. <_<

Last edited:
It feels like this is wrong theard to argue on :)

The guy asked a question, then we brought up some off topic comments.

@J.Dre

You are retarded. If you dislike his stance and how he approaches forum and community just cut it and gtfo. You won't just change him

Don't like it? Leave.

And for once, please, stop being full retard in every more heated discussion.

@J.Dre

You are retarded. If you dislike his stance and how he approaches forum and community just cut it and gtfo. You won't just change him

Don't like it? Leave.

And for once, please, stop being full retard in every more heated discussion.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you read everything before making that statement, if so, you would realize I'm not against anyone. I'm only trying to help everyone. Some may be harsh, but it's tough love. ^_^

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you read everything before making that statement, if so, you would realize I'm not against anyone. I'm only trying to help everyone. Some may be harsh, but it's tough love. ^_^

You aren't against anyone? Are you sure? You keep complaining that Talaturen doesn't give a jack shit about OTL community and he only cares about own benefits and inclining that he should care. How exactly is that not being against him?

You aren't against anyone? Are you sure? You keep complaining that Talaturen doesn't give a jack shit about OTL community and he only cares about own benefits and inclining that he should care. How exactly is that not being against him?

I'm not against him, I want his help and/or want to help him. Read my posts again. You're picking and choosing small sentences out of big paragraphs defeating the purpose.

If I'm against anything about Talaturen, it's his actions or lack thereof. He hasn't tried hard enough to set things straight, which led me to make those statements. But I'm by no means attacking him (or at least wasn't trying to).

Yes, it is his responsibility. A guy doesn't start a business and become CEO then say, "Oh, this shit? It's not my responsibility. I don't even know those guys!" He's not directly responsible for each member, but he's responsible for the outcome of what these members do which affects OtLand. Here's something you may understand: He's responsible for the bowl holding the cereal and the shit that goes in and out, not the cereal itself. That's ridiculous, don't make me say something like that again, LOL. Anyway, this is probably over now. I'm pretty sure Talaturen is not even viewing this anymore. If he doesn't want to do anything, that's his choice - I tried. ;)

Meanwhile your horrible examples aren't comparable to this. This is the internet, not real life where everything is a lot more serious, a paid job or related to family. Please come up with an example based on some internet-community now. Or so.

You blame Tala for losing interests in OT or so?

Meanwhile I still don't understand what the actual problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back